Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what would you like to see in the new Superman and Lois show?

So we know the Man of Steel and his fiance Lois Lane are getting an Arrowverse spinoff. Which is good news for fans like me who enjoy those shows for what they are. But probably also results in groans in fans who don't care for the CW or just want Man of Steel 2 to happen. But either way, reality is, what it is. Whatever category you're in, what would you like to see happen? What characters would you like to appear? stories you want adapted? What Arrowverse crossovers would you like to see?

If you wanna use this thread to complain about the Cw or Tyler Hoechlin or whatever, I mean I live in a free country, so sure? half the reason this site exists is to complain, so why not?
    But otherwise try to keep discussion about what this show could actually do instead of stuff it can't.
    For example can't say stories that Supergirl already took like "Man who has everything" or "What's wrong with Truth Justice and the American way?" If you want a comic accurate version of Jimmy Olsen, you're probably also out of luck.
    Also, Metallo, Toyman, Zod and Parasite are all dead.

Anyway for me, I'd like to see frequent crossovers with the Flash (Clark can fill the void Ollie is leaving, plus Iris and Lois team ups), as well as with Supergirl. Maybe also with Black Lightning, makes sense, they're both Dads, and if rumors are to believed Jon might be close to Jenifer's age. I'm actually hoping Clark gets a costume that's similar to the one Doctor Destiny wore in Elseworlds, just with the classic color scheme. I know people hate the new 52 collar, but I don't mind it. Plus I don't know if Hoechlin can pull off the trunks as well as Routh. Speaking of, I hope Kingdom Come Superman survives Crisis and guest stars every once and a while (I think Routh's Atom will die but his Superman will live to see another crossover). He can be sort of the Jay Garrick to Hoechlin's Barry Allen. I'd like to see John Henry Irons/Steel show up as a main character. Guy could use some live action love besides his unfortunate movie. While this is probably going to mostly draw a lot of inspiration from Rebirth, I'm hoping we also see stuff like Brainiac (I want Blake Ritson back gosh darnit!), and maybe eventually a proper Death and Reign of Superman arc. Another thing, I'm hoping this show has a lot of Flashbacks sort of like Arrow. It would be interesting to see Clark's origins, how he and Lois fell in love, his war with Lex, etc.

Gotta keep in mind that the Crisis will probably merge the worlds and cause a soft reboot of the Arrowverse. So I hope that the dead villains can be brought back into play, or at the very least Metallo, Toyman, and Parasite. That said otherwise what I would like to see:
    1. Krypto! Give the Superfamily their dog!
    2. Brainiac! Far as I know they haven’t used him yet so why not bring him into play here?
    3. Bizarro! Bizarroverse could be a great story for a Clark-Jon team up.
    4. General Sam Lane and Lucy Lane. Let’s bring in Lois’ side of the family and get them to use.
    5. Mxy! Or Vyn if Supergirl has dibs on Mxy now. Vyn could be a more demonic and menacing 5-D imp to contrast with Mxy’s playfulness. Have Nimrod the Hunter be his muscle.
    6. Some Legion of Superheroes appearances would be cool as well.
    7. They’ve already used Leviathan, so why not use the Invisible Mafia or Intergang? That could be a cool investigative journalist plot for Clark and Lois.
    8. Super Sons team ups! I think there hints about that maybe happening.
    9. If Zod is staying dead then let’s being in Xau-Du, that guy is hilariously hammy and would be perfect for a loose adaption of Morrison’s one shot Halloween issue as a Halloween episode.
    10. And of course more Cryer Lex, that dude is great.

I hope we get some Metropolis city politics as well. Bring in Dan Turpin and the Metropolis SCU please!

Unless HBOMax is bringing Krypton back, I want CW to use all the great things they made: Brainiac, the Skull ship and that awesome Doomsday.
    I want Mongul and the Warworld.
    Máxima reaction to Jon, considering her expectations toward Superman.
    Krypto.
    Intergang and Invisible Mafia.
    Shay Veritas, and all that cool characters Greg Pak created, like that Blue monster kid.
    But, what I want the most, is for Superman heat vision to be red instead of blue, don't need a explanation, just chance it to red.

Since Supergirl blatantly stole some of his better known villians, id like them to take this opportunity to bring in and give better development for some of his villians that haven't seen the light of day outside of comics. My hopes are:

Atlas

Blanque

Cythonna

Dominus

Equus

Faora

Gog

H'el

Imperiex

Jax-Ur

Kryptonite Man

Lyla Lerrol

Mongul

Nimrod the Hunter

Obsession

Professor Hamilton

Quarmer a.k.a. the Sand Superman

Remnant

Superboy-Prime

Titano the Super-Ape

Ultra-Humanite

Vyndktvx

Wraith

Xa-Du

Yuga Khan

Zade

All will get a chance to appear in the show.

Id also like them to explore the lesser known area's of the superman mytho's, like clark being a direct descendant of the kryptonian god rao, a closer look at the rivalry between him and doomsday. An adaptation of the superman team vs the superman revenge squad. Intergang done justice and supes no longer being nerfed or turned into a jobber.

Astonishing Member

1) Superman and Supergirl to co-exist peacefully. No more mentions of who is more heroic or more powerful. No mind control hero vs hero stuff. Let any cross-overs play up both characters as super.

2) Something no CW show has done yet- give Lois and Clark lives outside of heroics. I want to see Clark having an actual water cooler conversation with people who don't know he's Superman. I want to see Lois being a reporter on a regular basis and not just the plot device reporting we've seen with Kara and Iris.

3)If we have to use a "Team" then let it be Team Superboy. I really don't want to see Superman with Lois (or anyone else) talking in his ear as he deals with threats, but could see the need for that type of set-up for Jon since he would be new to heroics.

4)Villains: Brainiac (but only if we tie in Supergirl's Brainy), Dev-Em (as a counterpoint to Jon- someone born on Krypton but arriving on Earth like Kara in suspension for decades), Ursa/Faora who'd be looking for revenge against Superman for killing Zod by targeting his family, an Intergang that uses tech reverse engineered from Supergirl opponents (Astra/Myriad, Cadmus/Luthors, Daxamites, …) , a dark mentor for Jon either from Zod/the future whose goal is to corrupt the kid.

5)Supporting cast: Perry, Steve Lombard, John Irons (w/ Lana & Natasha whose Jon's age), Dan Turpin (deals well with the Kents, not too fond of Superman), Pete and Clark Ross, Kathy (adapted from Jon's friend in the comics)

Nothing to stop them from using Metallo again. There have been five Metallos already. The original John Corben plus the lab tech in season 2 of Supergirl, an un-named Metallo in Crisis on Earth-X, another
    unamed Metallo and Otis Graves in season 4 of Supergirl.
    Just because there was a Bizarro Supergirl doesn't mean there can't be a Bizarro Superman.
    There have been two Parasites, Rudy Jones and the DEO agent that was recruited by Mercy Graves. So no limit on Parasites.
    Apparently Zod comes back to life sometime in the future so why not sooner than later?
    Toyman had a female protege making evil toys so why not have another disciple of Toyman.
    Mxyzptlk was merely sent back to the 5th dimension. So either bring the original actor back or explain he can change his appearance.
    There seems to be more than one Black Mercy so they could do the Superman version of For the Man Who Has Everything. It will have been 6 years since Supergirl
    did the story so it shouldn't feel too much of a rehash, been there done that.
    So really no reason Superman can't recycle villains used on Supergirl. They may not be the original, such as in the case of John Corben or Rudy Jones. But does it really matter if someone
    else is the villain as long as they have the same powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Nothing to stop them from using Metallo again. There have been five Metallos already. The original John Corben plus the lab tech in season 2 of Supergirl, an un-named Metallo in Crisis on Earth-X, another
    unamed Metallo and Otis Graves in season 4 of Supergirl.
    Just because there was a Bizarro Supergirl doesn't mean there can't be a Bizarro Superman.
    There have been two Parasites, Rudy Jones and the DEO agent that was recruited by Mercy Graves. So no limit on Parasites.
    Apparently Zod comes back to life sometime in the future so why not sooner than later?
    Toyman had a female protege making evil toys so why not have another disciple of Toyman.
    Mxyzptlk was merely sent back to the 5th dimension. So either bring the original actor back or explain he can change his appearance.
    There seems to be more than one Black Mercy so they could do the Superman version of For the Man Who Has Everything. It will have been 6 years since Supergirl
    did the story so it shouldn't feel too much of a rehash, been there done that.
    So really no reason Superman can't recycle villains used on Supergirl. They may not be the original, such as in the case of John Corben or Rudy Jones. But does it really matter if someone
    else is the villain as long as they have the same powers.
    They should avoid it, at least for the first season. The showrunners most show to the general public that their show isn't Supergirl but with a guy, and using the same villains won't help them make a good case for it.
    I hope they follow Black Lightning and fon't fall into the villain of the week, it burns antagonista too fast.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

One thing I actually hope happens is that we get flashbacks on the early days of this lois and clark, I know people are tired of that trope in CW shows, but I'm a sucker for those clark and lois moments in their early days.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with plenty that's been said here. I would like to see Superman and Lois living their non-"S" related lives a bit too. I would want them to mostly stay away from the other shows, especially Supergirl, until the next crossover. As for who I'd like to see as villains; the evil Kryptonian thing, while convenient to provide credible bad guys, it's just been done to death, so I'd keep evil Kryptonians away, though having Superman meet some of the good ones, or even alternate universe good Kryptonians would be fine. No Imperiex, he was just terrible, more of a plot device than an actual character. Yuga Khan is so very powerful, he's almost not viable as a villain. You'd use his son Darkseid before you'd ever use Yuga Khan, who would be more of a final boss for the League/Society/Titans, and pretty much every other team DC has in the present day.

Ditto for Cythonna, a great choice, but a bit OP for Superman, or indeed the Arrowverse characters. Might work if they can find another way for Superman to win other than Last God of Krypton's way, which worked, but doesn't need to be repeated.

Mostly, I just want Tyler to just do what he's already been doing on the shows.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

A look at his past. We know the Danvers helped him learn more about his history but we don't know how he met them, why they knew things he didn't, how he met Lex, etc. Supergirl made it clear there's a lot of backstory here to him but we never got to see it. I hope we will. He has a Legion ring. Was he Superboy? We don't know these things.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I agree with plenty that's been said here. I would like to see Superman and Lois living their non-"S" related lives a bit too. I would want them to mostly stay away from the other shows, especially Supergirl, until the next crossover. As for who I'd like to see as villains; the evil Kryptonian thing, while convenient to provide credible bad guys, it's just been done to death, so I'd keep evil Kryptonians away, though having Superman meet some of the good ones, or even alternate universe good Kryptonians would be fine. No Imperiex, he was just terrible, more of a plot device than an actual character. Yuga Khan is so very powerful, he's almost not viable as a villain. You'd use his son Darkseid before you'd ever use Yuga Khan, who would be more of a final boss for the League/Society/Titans, and pretty much every other team DC has in the present day.

Ditto for Cythonna, a great choice, but a bit OP for Superman, or indeed the Arrowverse characters. Might work if they can find another way for Superman to win other than Last God of Krypton's way, which worked, but doesn't need to be repeated.

Mostly, I just want Tyler to just do what he's already been doing on the shows.
    I definately agree with you on the hold off for evil kryptonians bit, in that case id love for wraith, mongul, gog, helspont, maxima, bloodsport, lobo, braniac, singularity jiane and starbreaker with maybe the coronavores to make an appearance.

While I agree Imperiex is somewhat of a plot device, that is kind of the reason why i want him to appear in the show. As opposed to guys like darkseid or lex luthor, Imperiex is not out to destroy the universe because of ideology that he wants to project or for maliscious reasons. This is rather a godlike entity that is out to do a job appointed to him by a legitimate higher power, no different than your regular neighbourhood exterminator. Thus, not only is he a physical challenge for superman, but also brings forth some moral and enthnical challenges aswell that will force superman to question himself. Afterall, Imperiex only destroyed universes to correct legitimate flaw's in the universes design. If god chose to wipe out mankind, what right do we have to question or go against his wishes, his a god afterall, we are beneath him. But then again, does being a god give entity's like Imperiex the right to so easily just choose to throw away countless lives just like that as if they mean nothing. Is there not another way to fix a problem, and whose to say the universe won't fix the problem itself overtime, it will struggle, but it will survive and continue to exist, basically supes final speech to imperiex at the end of the events of our worlds at war.

lth.jpg
    thl.jpg

Finally, id like CW to atleast try to not nerf and incorporate powerful entities for superman, Cythonna is underated and as a legit god opens a window to explore the descendant of rao aspect for Superman. Another reason I want Imperiex, is because it opens a window for cw to explore the godly cosmic side of dc and superman's mythos. Id also love for both Kismet and Dominus to appear.

What do you think?

I wonder what the chances of 4th world stuff ever making it into the Arrowverse. Darkseid and the Apokolips are kinda the next logical step once the Anti-Monitor is defeated. I know there’s that movie that may or may not happen. But even those embargos might not even matter quite as much as it used to.

I would like good writing that does Superman the justice he deserves. No more stoopid Superman jobbing for Kara lines...

More focus on Clark as journalist and social worker. More supervillains done well. Clark as a great father and husband.

Lots of great suggestions, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    1) Superman and Supergirl to co-exist peacefully. No more mentions of who is more heroic or more powerful. No mind control hero vs hero stuff. Let any cross-overs play up both characters as super.

2) Something no CW show has done yet- give Lois and Clark lives outside of heroics. I want to see Clark having an actual water cooler conversation with people who don't know he's Superman. I want to see Lois being a reporter on a regular basis and not just the plot device reporting we've seen with Kara and Iris.
    Yes, absolutely to these!

But the big one for me? A new costume. Something more like what Brandon is wearing. If they have to pad Tyler to get there, I really don't care.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

No Jon, Superdad, Supersons, etc. Sadly I won't get what I want there...
    Something marginally better than the current CW superhero shows.