Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Bibbo bibbowski. I also want superman to actually win some fights and stop being a jobber.i want Hoechlin to bulk up a little more.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

More,Cryer Lex, of course

A new costume. Hopefully something closer to what Routh is wearing,or even a more simplified version of what Cavill wore.

Lots of Clark Kent at the Daily Planet being a reporter.

Brainiac Brainiac Brainiac!

An episode set at the Fortress where Clark reminises with ,say,The Flash ( who will likely be the other senior Superhero of the Arrowverse with Oliver dying or disappearing) about how he aquired some of the stuff in the FOS we've seen on Supergirl. Little flashback viginettes filling in some parts of CW Supes past.

If Crisis doesn't wipe it out,an eventual crossover with the Smallville Earth and it's Clark again at some point.

More stuff with exploring his back story with the Danvers,if only to see him interacting with Helen Slater and Dean Cain on screen.

Explore the Legion of Superheroes more perhaps through Jon.

Hopefully reality being rejiggered allows them to bring "dead" villains back like John Corbin Metallo and even Zod.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-04-2019 at 05:54 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I disagree. Many could be done with makeup and costumes. All you need with Metallo is to see the Kryptonite inside some kind of metal chamber on his chest. They've already done a good CGI Parasite on Supergirl. Bizarro could be pulled off with makeup effects. Brainiac too and we've already seen him done justice on Krypton.
    I get the feeling they spent quite a bit more per episode on Krypton than they do on any of the CW shows, barring maybe a few crossover episodes. It would be great if they can do justice to Brainiac though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    More,Cryer Lex, of course

A new costume. Hopefully something closer to what Routh is wearing,or even a more simplified version of what Cavill wore.

Lots of Clark Kent at the Daily Planet being a reporter.

Brainiac Brainiac Brainiac!

An episode set at the Fortress where Clark reminises with ,say,The Flash ( who will likely be the other senior Superhero of the Arrowverse with Oliver dying or disappearing) about how he aquired some of the stuff in the FOS we've seen on Supergirl. Little flashback viginettes filling in some parts of CW Supes past.

If Crisis doesn't wipe it out,an eventual crossover with the Smallville Earth and it's Clark again at some point.

More stuff with exploring his back story with the Danvers,if only to see him interacting with Helen Slater and Dean Cain on screen.

Explore the Legion of Superheroes more perhaps through Jon.

Hopefully reality being rejiggered allows them to bring "dead" villains back like John Corbin Metallo and even Zod.
    My concern is that the only way they could get Welling to participate would be to strip him of his powers. If that's the case, I would have preferred they not use him at all. There seems to be this real push to promote this idea that the only way Superman can have a happy ending is to strip him of his powers and have him settle down with Lois. He'll either stay on his Earth and protect it (remember, he's been through this before in the comic) or he doesn't have them anymore because we don't see him in anything other than the farm scenes. And there's no way in hell they got Welling to actually put the suit on. I just don't believe that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    What do you think?
    I think OW@W is a great summer blockbuster type of story I would love to see adapted. It reads like a MCU movie and has the kind of scope and imagination I want from Superman.

I also think the CW could never afford to do that story real justice. Of course I haven't watched any of those shows in years, but unless they've dramatically improved their FX it's not in the cards.

What I want from this show.....doesn't really matter. It's highly unlikely I'm going to get what I want from them. I'm not their target demo and they don't seem to have the budget to deliver what I'd ask for anyway.

One thing they could do is give Clark Kent a fair chunk of the narrative. Clark and his job should matter, and be more than just exposition dumps and plot devices to move Superman's story forward. If the true character of Superman is found in the tension between Clark and Kal-El (as Yang says) then Clark needs to basically be his own character, largely independent of Superman, so that real contrast and parallels can be drawn. And that means he gets his own subplots, his own victories, and his own defeats.

And by the same token I'd demand that Superman be more than Clark is a cape. The idea that this whimsical, fantastical, impossible hero is just a regular dude who happens to be an alien is a massive disservice to the character.

Give me a Clark Kent who's got dreams and ambitions of his own, and is more than just the weird sociology experiment he was in the Silver Age, and give me a Superman who's more than just a farmboy with good parents like he was in post-Crisis.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think I just kind of want it to be Doctor Who X Stranger Things X X-Files.

But really, I just hope everyone puts their backs into it with all this stuff, man.

Also new Fortress, new costume for Clark, and the inclusion of the Chaz and Andi disguises please.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.