Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get what you mean when you say he looks "off." I was going to say that maybe if they had found a way to at least introduce a hood, it might feel more like him, but it does appear that his costume has a hood - he just has it back in the scene with the bow. Maybe it'll look better when the hood is up. I think they shouldn't have given him the goggles/visor though and really gone more skull with the mask - that would have been good.
    I can't think this would've been too difficult to pull off:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That looks rad!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

No it isn't too hard to pull off but this also prequel of sorts, So this might be proto taskmaster. And we might get the pay off in the other films or even later in this very film.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This Black Widow film does come a little to late. Marvel should have done black widow before captain marvel. Never got the push for Carol, could be because she had super powers like wonder woman and black widow had none. Black Widow was one of those characters who never had any real story lines in the movies. she just followed the chase of whatever Tony and Steve got themselves into.

Post Age of Ultron would have been the best time to her given her a solo movie as that was the first real attempt they tried at given her a story arc or exploring her past but it amounted to nothing and was dropped and never talked about again. so, MCU is 6 years behind this film. She should have gotten a film first before Dr strange, Antman or black panther ever did just even for the fact that she had been a major tag along in the iron man and captain America films.

BANNED

Feige wanted the Captain Marvel Black Panther movie and a Widow movie earlier, but was blocked doing it by Perlmutter. After he was removed, the movies got made. And being very sucessful, Disney likely thinks they should have removed him earlier^^

Regarding this movie I am still not concived that they will not resurect Natasha with stuff introduced in this movie taking a page from the Secret Empire event. In an after credit Scene perhaps?

Without knowing the full plot/story or how it ties into the future MCU, it's too early to say whether this film has come "too late."

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No it isn't too hard to pull off but this also prequel of sorts, So this might be proto taskmaster. And we might get the pay off in the other films or even later in this very film.
    Maybe. But I didn't love how they handled Crossbones' mask either, so this might just be how they feel comfortable adapting skull masks.

Depending on how this movie turns out, watching an MCU marathon is going to be interesting since you can now switch up the order of the movies whereas with Phase 1 and 2 you kind of had to watch them in chronological order.

I like how much more flexible the MCU time line has gotten since Phase 3. I guess the order would now be: Civil War > Black Panther > Homecoming > Black Widow > Dr. Strange > Thor Ragnarok > Infinity War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Regarding this movie I am still not concived that they will not resurect Natasha with stuff introduced in this movie taking a page from the Secret Empire event. In an after credit Scene perhaps?
    If they are going to resurrect her (maybe somehow the 4th missing skrull replaced her), now's the time. Assuming she still has her 9-contract original deal, she has one movie left after Black Widow that they could use her for. But she also said before Avengers 4 that her contract has "morphed" so who knows. To me, they didn't give her a sendoff like they did the others, and they aren't treating this movie like it's her sendoff...so she'll be back in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Feige wanted the Captain Marvel Black Panther movie and a Widow movie earlier, but was blocked doing it by Perlmutter. After he was removed, the movies got made. And being very sucessful, Disney likely thinks they should have removed him earlier^^

I think there were also plans for a movie before the MCU or Johannsen's casting was a thing. I think David Hayter (Guy who wrote X-men & Watchmen, also the english voice of Metal Gear's Snake most of the time) was involved.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Amazing Member

Am i the only one who thinks they might be throwing a curve ball saying this is set in the past? Perhaps parts are, but I'm still stuck on Hulk's line from Endgame about how he tried to bring her back. Maybe he succeeded. Too many things seem out of sorts IMO. Then I came across this article: https://www.newsarama.com/48135-some...ing-right.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks they might be throwing a curve ball saying this is set in the past? Perhaps parts are, but I'm still stuck on Hulk's line from Endgame about how he tried to bring her back. Maybe he succeeded. Too many things seem out of sorts IMO. Then I came across this article: https://www.newsarama.com/48135-some...ing-right.html
    Yes. While I do think Marvel does the sometimes benign story (Ant Man and Wasp), this won't be one of them. There will be at least one "holy sh!it" moment in watching the film that sets up something big.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    I've said for a long time I think there's a decent chance they were lying about it being a prequel. But I'm not sure how that works as marketing since people might see it to find out how she's brought back and to see her journey continue versus people not being interested since it's in the past and she's already dead.

I thought everyone that died by direct contact from a stone stayed dead?

They could always multi-verse her and bring her back that way.

Last, I thought they already said if this one does well, her final movie was planned to be her running SHIELD during the 5 year gap between IW and Endgame?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium