Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This movies sets up more Black Widow movies with her.

This is Black Widow movie which is backdoor introduction to the new black widow.
    That's another point of concern, will the MCU be able to sell the replacements for beloved characters? At least in the case of Falcon he's been in in the MCU for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This movies sets up more Black Widow movies with her.

This is Black Widow movie which is backdoor introduction to the new black widow.
    All respect to the actress and Yelena as a character, but I think they're going to have a rough go of it trying to set up a new replacement Black Widow in Black Widow's first solo movie.

Which movie will make more money, Black Widow or James Bond's latest?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Which movie will make more money, Black Widow or James Bond's latest?
    I have loved Bond my whole life my mum was a superfan of Bond and my old man a fan. I watch Bond flicks at Christmas time due to the old 13 Days of Bond they use to do on TBS I think it was but the MCU franchise at the moment is the biggest franchise on Earth I can't see Bond beating Black Widow.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Daniel Craig told his wife beforehand that the trailer for his big spy film was going to drop the day after the one for her big spy film did?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All respect to the actress and Yelena as a character, but I think they're going to have a rough go of it trying to set up a new replacement Black Widow in Black Widow's first solo movie.
    Honestly, I don't think it'll be difficult at all. Just set her up a strong, likable character with a strong role in this movie, give her a post-Endgame post credit scene and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder if Daniel Craig told his wife beforehand that the trailer for his big spy film was going to drop the day after the one for her big spy film did?
    Their movies are weeks apart, too!

BTW: I doubt Daniel knew about the drop till a day or 2 before, same with Rachel.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it'll be difficult at all. Just set her up a strong, likable character with a strong role in this movie, give her a post-Endgame post credit scene and you should be good.
    I think that's easier said then done, especially when this is Widow's movie first and foremost.

Just making her likeable and important doesn't mean people will be able to buy into her as the next Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I can't see Bond beating Black Widow.
    Really? Last bond movie did 800 + mil.

I think that's easier said then done, especially when this is Widow's movie first and foremost.

Just making her likeable and important doesn't mean people will be able to buy into her as the next Black Widow.
    Maybe you're right but I don't think it's particularly hard compared to other legacy characters. Scarlett can still easily be the main character in this movie. All you gotta do is establish Yelena well here and then she can pop in team movies in the future to hammer it home

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Maybe you're right but I don't think it's particularly hard compared to other legacy characters. Scarlett can still easily be the main character in this movie. All you gotta do is establish Yelena well here and then she can pop in team movies in the future to hammer it home
    I don't know if that would make people really buy her as the next Black Widow though, at least in my opinion.

I'd rather Yelena be her own thing then get burdened with that.

I don't know if that would make people really buy her as the next Black Widow though, at least in my opinion.

I'd rather Yelena be her own thing then get burdened with that.
    I don’t really care what they end up doing regardless but I don’t think it’ll be hard at all at least. If they do choose to do it, it’s easy to set up imo

I'm sure they'll try their best to sell people on Yelena in this movie, but as the next Black Widow? I don't know.
    Whether that's their intent or not, all I can think is that I had no real interest in Ghost until seeing "AM&W" and all I know is that if they make a Thunderbolts movie, I might see it just for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    This was fantastic. So much cooler than the Captain Marvel trailer. And not once did we need to be reminded that she was a woman.
    Imagine what it's like for women who are constantly reminded of it in real life and then made to feel lesser for it - like, almost all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Whether that's their intent or not, all I can think is that I had no real interest in Ghost until seeing "AM&W" and all I know is that if they make a Thunderbolts movie, I might see it just for her.
    Ghost looked cooler in the trailers then Taskmaster does...

Ghost looked cooler in the trailers then Taskmaster does...
    I get what you mean when you say he looks "off." I was going to say that maybe if they had found a way to at least introduce a hood, it might feel more like him, but it does appear that his costume has a hood - he just has it back in the scene with the bow. Maybe it'll look better when the hood is up. I think they shouldn't have given him the goggles/visor though and really gone more skull with the mask - that would have been good.