Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I can't help but feel this movie is going to be a important test of the viability of The MCU post Endgame. If an MCU movie is likely to flop it will be this one. I am glad that it's looking as good as it is for that reason.

Totally forgot that movie was even going to exist tbh.

But nice trailer.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I can't help but feel this movie is going to be a important test of the viability of The MCU post Endgame. If an MCU movie is likely to flop it will be this one. I am glad that it's looking as good as it is for that reason.
    Flop? With as many people that have calling for A BW movie (I don't count myself among those people, but I know they are out there en masse), the MCU track record to bring in the faithful, a female centric movie to bring in that demo, I mean this should be one of the easiest billion they make. If Capt. Marvel can get that, Black Widow has to easily.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Flop? With as many people that have calling for A BW movie (I don't count myself among those people, but I know they are out there en masse), the MCU track record to bring in the faithful, a female centric movie to bring in that demo, I mean this should be one of the easiest billion they make. If Capt. Marvel can get that, Black Widow has to easily.
    I doubt it will "flop" but I also don't think Disney expects it to hit a billion, either.

I think it will do a billion but not beat Captain Marvel.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

The issue is, unlike Cap Marvel, BW is dead in the current time. So this isn't like a set up to more black widow adventures unless they retcon her death. In addition Scarlet hasn't always carried movies she starred in, and as yet another female lead prequel people may be getting tired of that. I wouldn't be worried if this was a current timeline movie with a live Natasha, but that's not what this is. Barring a miraculous comeback this is a goodbye film in which she doesn't die in so, unlike say Logan, you don't get the emotional impact of her dying in it helping the film. It has just enough working against it that it could happen.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The issue is, unlike Cap Marvel, BW is dead in the current time. So this isn't like a set up to more black widow adventures unless they retcon her death. In addition Scarlet hasn't always carried movies she starred in, and as yet another female lead prequel people may be getting tired of that. I wouldn't be worried if this was a current timeline movie with a live Natasha, but that's not what this is. Barring a miraculous comeback this is a goodbye film in which she doesn't die in so, unlike say Logan, you don't get the emotional impact of her dying in it helping the film. It has just enough working against it that it could happen.
    Yet another? What others have we had? Captain Marvel...and what..Agent Carter on TV? Doesn't sound like a lot

If Marvel Studios announced Iron Man 4 and said it took place between Civil War and Infinity War it'd do gangbusters and so will this. Why? Fans get to spend 2 more hours with a character they loved.

I thought that Widow Yelena and Red Guardian were set up to be antagonists. But it seems like they will be allies in this film. The plot seems to be, at least partially, somebody stalking existing graduates of the Red Room and murdering them. So this seems almost like a ex- Russian-agent version of Ocean's 11, getting the old team for one last job (the prize? Survival!)
    Too bad that we won’t get to see characters in this film like Darkstar, Rhino, Vanguard, Crimson Dynamo, and Ursa Major. Also Perun and Vostok, too. Next time, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This was a good trailer, This first time in awhile a Marvel trailer has gotten me excited for a movie.
    This was fantastic. So much cooler than the Captain Marvel trailer. And not once did we need to be reminded that she was a woman.

Ultimate Member

Cap Marvel had a full blown hate campaign lead by former DC employees and entitlement fans that even lead to Rotten Tomatoes changing it's reviewing policy. It was also Marvel's first female lead film under the then current run.
    Also it came out after Ike got exposed for his antics that kept Cap marvel & Black Panther from being made. So you had added incentive to support that just to shut up trolls.

This movie will make a nice profit. If this makes a billion or bypasses outdoes Wonder Woman 1984- Marvel would go NUTS.

I remember when Ant-Man was supposed to be the first MCU flop.

Didn't do much for me looks just okay.

This movies sets up more Black Widow movies with her.

This is Black Widow movie which is backdoor introduction to the new black widow.

This movie has a lot going for it and a character who people already know and like. No way it will flop.

Now the next movie: "The Eternals"... AKA the rubbish substitute for the Inhumans who are already the rubbish substitute for the X-Men...