Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks they might be throwing a curve ball saying this is set in the past? Perhaps parts are, but I'm still stuck on Hulk's line from Endgame about how he tried to bring her back. Maybe he succeeded. Too many things seem out of sorts IMO. Then I came across this article: https://www.newsarama.com/48135-some...ing-right.html
    Never really thought about it till I read your post and the article. It does make me wonder if Marvel is going to surprise the audience with a shocker in this film. Part of me hopes Banner makes an appearance thru the Infinity Stones and we see them interact for the last time.

I'm more wondering if we'll get a hint of the future films. The Mandarin making an appearance for instance would be awesome. (seems more likely than an Eternal or Blade, but y'never know)

Incredible Member

This looks good but it still seems odd to me that we are just now getting a black widow movie, especially considering how liked Scarlett Johansson is. Kind of curious if this will be the only solo movie she stars in and the if they pass the mantle off to someone else. Like another poster mentioned, it'll be interesting if people accept the replacements of the original superheros coming up. IMO I think that there may be a decline in interest for the replacements like Falcon as Captain America, whoever is replacing Iron Man, and definitely if they replace black widow. I think we all see what Marvel is trying to do and that's staying away from rebooting but something about the replacement actors just seems off and unbelievable and it may be because we saw the originals for over a decade and it's harder to buy into anyone else carrying those mantles.

I think one of the reasons a legacy character has a higher level of difficulty to pull off in the MCU is aside from attachment we've built towards the actors, the movies have created a specific story arc for its characters. It's not like someone else can just carry on someone else's arc or storyline. If Marvel were to try the legacy thing, they would and should create a story for that person, regardless of the mantle, that will intrigue audiences. Cast a good actor an audience will like and give them an interesting story and I think people could accept them being called "Black Widow" or "Captain America" as long as they're not trying to be Natasha Romanov or Steve Rogers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think one of the reasons a legacy character has a higher level of difficulty to pull off in the MCU is aside from attachment we've built towards the actors, the movies have created a specific story arc for its characters. It's not like someone else can just carry on someone else's arc or storyline. If Marvel were to try the legacy thing, they would and should create a story for that person, regardless of the mantle, that will intrigue audiences. Cast a good actor an audience will like and give them an interesting story and I think people could accept them being called "Black Widow" or "Captain America" as long as they're not trying to be Natasha Romanov or Steve Rogers.
    I think you have some really good points but I also think that the people they are having trying to take over are good supporting actors but may not be good leading actors. Neither Falcon or Bucky actors give off the IT factor to me.

Ironically, we're talking about how difficult it will be to get someone to fill Natasha's shoes, when she's been nothing but a supporting character until now.

Incredible Member

Ironically, we're talking about how difficult it will be to get someone to fill Natasha's shoes, when she's been nothing but a supporting character until now.
    Haha very true. I think for this specific instance its because even though Black Widow is a supporting character the person portraying her is a lead actress and is noticable whenever she's in a scene whether she's speaking or not. Pretty much Marvel can't just throw any actress in their and expect the same reception that Scarlett Johansson got.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 12-07-2019 at 12:33 PM.

I agree, they can't just take anyone and throw them into these roles and assume people will flock to see it. Marvel has been really good as casting so far, so it will have to be a "so-and-so" is the new Black Widow or Cap and it will likely have to be someone where the audience is excited to see that actor take on that role and see what new take they're going to have on it. Show them a new direction rather than retread the same old stuff.

Unless Nat's sister becomes a huge breakout star from this, (which could happen) I can still see her popping up in other MCU films without headlining another solo outing.

Florence Pugh is absolutely one of the best actors in her age-bracket. She was absolutely fantastic in Lady Macbeth, and very good in The Little Drummer Girl. She's a big part of why I'm excited for this film. Obviously there is always a question-mark over someone stepping into someone else's shoes in a role, you can never guarantee that people will take to them, but she's no downgrade in terms of talent or on-screen presence. But of course, we don't even know if that's what they're doing here.

I get what you mean when you say he looks "off." I was going to say that maybe if they had found a way to at least introduce a hood, it might feel more like him, but it does appear that his costume has a hood - he just has it back in the scene with the bow. Maybe it'll look better when the hood is up. I think they shouldn't have given him the goggles/visor though and really gone more skull with the mask - that would have been good.
    Maybe it’s a she. Just sayin.

The new teaser is pretty cool. Get to see Red Guardian is a legit Super soldier sends a dude flying and then the last scene with Taskmaster imitating Black widows move got my hyped. Still not sold on his face maks but I hope he lives and maybe after receiving some scarring to his face take a more Ghoulish looking skull mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Maybe it’s a she. Just sayin.
    Didn't he have a daughter in the comics?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If he did I doubt he remembers her lol. But seriously I think they played with the idea but did they ever prove finesse was his daughter.? Really though I have no idea. But looking at the trailer I highly doubt Weiss is in that suit or any other girl. Unless its some kinda exoskeleton because he looks just too big to be any of the tiny girls in this movie. Wish I knew the actors name but there is a light skinned Black actor cast in this and IIRC Ultimate Taskmaster was black. And size wise seems to add up.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Finesse from avengers academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If he did I doubt he remembers her lol. But seriously I think they played with the idea but did they ever prove finesse was his daughter.? Really though I have no idea. But looking at the trailer I highly doubt Weiss is in that suit or any other girl. Unless its some kinda exoskeleton because he looks just too big to be any of the tiny girls in this movie. Wish I knew the actors name but there is a light skinned Black actor cast in this and IIRC Ultimate Taskmaster was black. And size wise seems to add up.
    O-T Fagbenle is playing someone named Mason. i don't see anything linking him to the taskmaster role, though (unless you stretch it that 'mason' is referring to a craftsman of some sort). if the identity of the character isn't important, they'd just put 'Taskmaster' next to his name (speculatively). they are hiding it for a reason. to me, that points to it being someone important to Natasha.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-14-2020 at 09:35 AM.