Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    I've had a long soft spot for Flex, Radius and Murmur from Alpha Flight. Probably de-powered by M-Day, but is that even followed much anymore?
    Radius had a brief cameo in X-Men Unlimited
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Asylum/Darkling (Henrique Gallente)

He is a dark force manipulator (and a very powerful one at that).

Was manly a New Warrior villain but became reformed of sorts. He suffered from alcohol foetus syndrome and wasn't very mentally stable. He opened a portal to the dark force dimension the size of Manhattan and then subconsciously puppeteered the the city including many heroes and villains.

Lots of heroes had to band together to stop him including Dr Strange, Arch Angel and the Fantastic Four.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Asylum/Darkling (Henrique Gallente)

He is a dark force manipulator (and a very powerful one at that).

Was manly a New Warrior villain but became reformed of sorts. He suffered from alcohol foetus syndrome and wasn't very mentally stable. He opened a portal to the dark force dimension the size of Manhattan and then subconsciously puppeteered the the city including many heroes and villains.

Lots of heroes had to band together to stop him including Dr Strange, Arch Angel and the Fantastic Four.
    Mm, so many darkforce mutants, too. Darkstar, obviously, but also Silhouette and this Asylum guy. It was never clear exactly what mutant powers, if any, Silhouette's brother, Midnight's Fire, possessed, other than the enhanced physical abilities that he seemed to share with his sister.

Gloom, introduced in the Morrison run, IIRC. Dallas Gibson/Specter, pretty sure he created a darkforce body, or turned into a darkforce body (it sure didn't seem like an incorporeal shadow!). Possibly Umbra, from the Advocates, Rogue's Academy X squad.

Blackout was not a mutant, nor Black Mamba or Shroud, as I recall. They can wait at the back of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Mm, so many darkforce mutants, too. Darkstar, obviously, but also Silhouette and this Asylum guy. It was never clear exactly what mutant powers, if any, Silhouette's brother, Midnight's Fire, possessed, other than the enhanced physical abilities that he seemed to share with his sister.

Gloom, introduced in the Morrison run, IIRC. Dallas Gibson/Specter, pretty sure he created a darkforce body, or turned into a darkforce body (it sure didn't seem like an incorporeal shadow!). Possibly Umbra, from the Advocates, Rogue's Academy X squad.

Blackout was not a mutant, nor Black Mamba or Shroud, as I recall. They can wait at the back of the bus.
    Alot of Darkforce users in the MU

Mutants
    Darkling/Asylum, Darkstar, Death Reaper, Doorman, Norio, Opsidian, Quagmire, Shade/Darkveil, Silhouette, Vanisher

Non Mutant or Unconfirmed Mutant
    Asylum, Andras Bertesy, Black Mamba, Blackout, Cloak, Deathurge, Doctor Dark, Dusk, Ecstasy, Left Hand, Mister Negative, Nightwind, Noir, Opsidian, Ratri, Shadowoman/Sepulcre, SHOC, Shroud, Smuggler, Vector

Astonishing Member

Left Hand was never even an actual Darkforce user...his daughter was a mutant with Darkforce powers, and when an accident put her in a coma, he used magic to take her powers for himself. Add her to the list of mutants who never technically died but instead were just shuffled offstage with indefinite comas, like her and Astrid Bloom.

But yeah, there's also an entire race of aliens who have access to the Darkforce - with the 'Nightside' mantle of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard being regularly born by one of them. There's something funky about their planet - maybe it exists at a nexus point between the main universe and the Darkforce Dimension, thus imbuing everyone born there with some degree of Darkforce powers.

Course, then again, with the revelations about the Shi'ar and the Thresholders way back in ancient days, maybe one of the Shi'ar raiding parties picked up a Threshold mutant with Darkforce powers and they ended up relocated to a distant planet where they became the genesis of the Nightside race. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Robin Vega https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Robin_Vega_(Earth-616)

Bethany Bellamy https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Betha...my_(Earth-616)

And of course my personal favorite non-X-Men mutant Vance Astrovik who has been previously mentioned.

Solarr has been in the animated series and in the X-Men '92 but I don't think he's ever been in a 616 X-Book.

Although:

"At some point in time, he was presumably resurected by The Five and joined the mutant-only nation of Krakoa. During this time, he was one of the many mutants that had their powers copied when The Human-Adaptoid attacked the island" Solarr

He's actually much cooler in the X-Men '92 universe.

Silas_King_(Earth-TRN950)
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-22-2022 at 11:56 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ricochet, from the Slingers.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Solarr has been in the animated series and in the X-Men '92 but I don't think he's ever been in a 616 X-Book.

Although:

"At some point in time, he was presumably resurected by The Five and joined the mutant-only nation of Krakoa. During this time, he was one of the many mutants that had their powers copied when The Human-Adaptoid attacked the island" Solarr

He's actually much cooler in the X-Men '92 universe.

Silas_King_(Earth-TRN950)
    Solarr was once also suggested to perhaps be the man under the hood of the 'Desert Dweller' Sunstroke (old West Coast Avengers foe), whose origins have always been a bit squiffy (and, IIRC, it was suggested that Solarr was brainwashed into being a minion of Dominus, and forgetting his own past).

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Alot of Darkforce users in the MU

Mutants
    Darkling/Asylum, Darkstar, Death Reaper, Doorman, Norio, Opsidian, Quagmire, Shade/Darkveil, Silhouette, Vanisher

Non Mutant or Unconfirmed Mutant
    Asylum, Andras Bertesy, Black Mamba, Blackout, Cloak, Deathurge, Doctor Dark, Dusk, Ecstasy, Left Hand, Mister Negative, Nightwind, Noir, Opsidian, Ratri, Shadowoman/Sepulcre, SHOC, Shroud, Smuggler, Vector
    Even Dark Hawk in his early series was a dark force user. He had a dark force blast which came from the amulet on his chest. I believe this has been retconned since he went cosmic.

A lot of the dark force users you mentioned were all under the control of asylum when he took over New York. If he can open a portal the size of Manhattan without even realising it then just imagine what he's capable of if he put his mind to it!

Astonishing Member

Tbh I can't keep track of Darkhawk's retcons or his connection to the Darkforce. I do think it still exists, because from what I remember of the Fraternity of Raptors stuff, it was heavily implied that the dark void where they had that tree that they got all their amulets from was somewhere in the Darkforce dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh I can't keep track of Darkhawk's retcons or his connection to the Darkforce. I do think it still exists, because from what I remember of the Fraternity of Raptors stuff, it was heavily implied that the dark void where they had that tree that they got all their amulets from was somewhere in the Darkforce dimension.
    Ah ok, makes sense. I stand corrected then!

Gotta say, the old days in Marvel had a LOT of random "Mutant" characters. It wasn't the same as now where only the X-Office gets Mutants. But that was before M-Day... and.. well a lot of other stupidity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Gotta say, the old days in Marvel had a LOT of random "Mutant" characters. It wasn't the same as now where only the X-Office gets Mutants. But that was before M-Day... and.. well a lot of other stupidity.
    I vaguely recall that one of the fill-in Spider-Men was a mutant. Ricochet, I think his name was?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I vaguely recall that one of the fill-in Spider-Men was a mutant. Ricochet, I think his name was?
    Yup. And back in the day, random one-off mutants that never appeared anywhere else were a dime a dozen in Spider-Man issues.