Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Theories on Moiras Betrayal

So the storyline they are pushing is that Moiras mind and sense of morality and loyalty was messed up by her living 10 different lives with allegiance to a different philosophy each life.

While this is definitely plausible, I want to discuss alternative theories as to her motives or as to where her story is headed. Mods, I dont know if fan theories need spoiler tags but if so please feel free to add them or let me know and I will add them.

My theory is that Moira is actually secretly working with Mystique and the precogs that already read her mind and know her ultimate plan and goal: Destiny Emma Frost and Prof X. The gun she was shot with didnt actually remove her powers, it was a nonfunctioning version of the gun. Perhaps the gun even instead worked as a save point so that when Moira ultimately dies, she comes back to that same point so that they dont have to build Krokoa again. Everything that happened is what they wanted Orchis to find out if they look into Moiras background and motives. But ultimately all of this is Moiras and the telepaths and precogs plan to allow her to infiltrate Orchis, and ultimately infiltrate the computer/ai in the center of our galaxy’s black hole that wants to consume both human and mutant lives alike. Moira will learn everything she can about all of these entities and how they will destroy the mutants so that she can return to the save point with all of this knowledge and help the xmen use to defeat both Orchis and ultimately the ai at the heart of our galaxys blackhole once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    So the storyline they are pushing is that Moiras mind and sense of morality and loyalty was messed up by her living 10 different lives with allegiance to a different philosophy each life.

While this is definitely plausible, I want to discuss alternative theories as to her motives or as to where her story is headed. Mods, I dont know if fan theories need spoiler tags but if so please feel free to add them or let me know and I will add them.

My theory is that Moira is actually secretly working with Mystique and the precogs that already read her mind and know her ultimate plan and goal: Destiny Emma Frost and Prof X. The gun she was shot with didnt actually remove her powers, it was a nonfunctioning version of the gun. Perhaps the gun even instead worked as a save point so that when Moira ultimately dies, she comes back to that same point so that they dont have to build Krokoa again. Everything that happened is what they wanted Orchis to find out if they look into Moiras background and motives. But ultimately all of this is Moiras and the telepaths and precogs plan to allow her to infiltrate Orchis, and ultimately infiltrate the computer/ai in the center of our galaxy’s black hole that wants to consume both human and mutant lives alike. Moira will learn everything she can about all of these entities and how they will destroy the mutants so that she can return to the save point with all of this knowledge and help the xmen use to defeat both Orchis and ultimately the ai at the heart of our galaxys blackhole once and for all.
    I wish you were right, Moira’s heel turn so far has been all kinds of stupid
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah I still don't get why Hickman did that. Maybe he was vexed that people loved Krakoa as he wanted to make it a cautionary tale and that's his revenge ?

I would love that but I don't think it fits with Moira's relations with Destiny. The fact that Moira was still "human" and could hate Irene so much made her character more interesting.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything deeper to Moira's betrayal than what we've already seen. I'm not sure why it was necessary to twist her into a villain to keep Krakoa going past its planned expiration date, but it was the final nail in the coffin of this iteration of the character. I don't think she's salvageable without some heavy retcons to the retcons...although at this point, it might be best to simply forget her once she's inevitably been defeated.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

If they use something like that yo "reddem" Moira! I'll into it.

It's all Destiny's fault. If I was burned to death by her in one life, and dismembered by her in the present, I would probably become evil too.

I'm hoping current Moira is a Sinister clone though.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Moira was replaced by her golem when she stepped out of the no place to go to one of her fave resturants. i don't know what issue it was but when she got back it was not her magneto and charles were talking to but her replacement and she is somewhere in stasis.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It's all Destiny's fault. If I was burned to death by her in one life, and dismembered by her in the present, I would probably become evil too.

I'm hoping current Moira is a Sinister clone though.
    But Destiny is evil. So being her foe should make Moira the good guy no ?

BANNED

As I see it... Moria was a Baseline Human who was 100% Pro-Mutant due to her son Kevin (a.k.a. Proteus) until she wasn't. What is more, we should never forget that it was Mystique who had created that new strain of the Legacy Virus that only infected humans, and Mystique who only agreed to join the council on the condition that they bring back Destiny despite Krakoa having a "No Precognitives" like Destiny on Krakoa. The rest as you all know played out to the predicament we are witnessing today. So, honestly, who really betrayed Mutantdom here? Moria or Mystique and Destiny?
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-05-2023 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Destiny she has manipulated events for over a century, purely for her own selfish interest without regard for the consequences to others.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

And, apparently she's still at it...

BANNED

Astonishing Member

If Moira prime is somehow different from the Moira clones, maybe, but once Sinister entered the equation , nothing reconciles. At this point Moira being Mother Righteous would make more sense, Moira was Golem in life 10 ,the universe didn't collapse because she was never true Moira, true Moira remained hidden and augmented herself as OS and tried to ascend but it didn't really work as the war was lost so she was re-sent in time to an earlier point in life 10(instead of exiting time as Dominions are meant to). Moira as OS starts working with original Essex hence he got to know about Dominions and he used Moira DNA to clone more of her .Basically Moira instead of counting on Xavier and Magnus, put all her stock in Essex.When original Essex died and her MR clone was free, one of her clones went ahead to join forces with Diamond sinister clone and that is why he was onto Xavier from the moment they walked into Bar Sinister.He knew of the clones already. Powers of X#4 has Sinister secrets reveal the futures he had seen.Example :Secret #6 if read with Inferno issue#1 events in mind is dead on 'prophecy' it says 'Everyone believes that the plan of this progerian mutant with secret sinister ties was foiled,but little did the gifted ones know that the destroyed samples were switched before hand' This mutant is likely Destiny she is progerian not in the sense that she is older than her body is right now but her gift of clairvoyance gives her a glimpse of time way ahead of her current existence..indeed in 1919 she tells Sinister they must be on the same this fits 'secret sinister ties' .What is the foiled plan?.. In Inferno #1 Moira told Xavier and Magneto to destroy all samples of Destiny's genetic template, I'm certain they obliged but Sinister gave some samples to Mystique(in Xavier's guise) to resurrect Destiny even while the real Xavier and Magneto probably destroyed the other samples. So Sinister has been toying with the clones for a LONG time. Moira perhaps saw Sinister as the best way to ensure her survival through serialising herself but as an ace up her sleeve she had her own body mixed with his DNA as MR .She learns magic so that re-sets of her clones don't affect her as she hides in some veiled universe during re-sets till she can finally become a Dominion. I know it's convoluted but it adds up.
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-06-2023 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

No offense Rev9 but dubious abbreviations, and run-on sentences coupled with poor punctuation make it hard for some of us to comprehend what you're trying to convey. Can you rephrase all of that in three paragraphs or less?
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-05-2023 at 05:31 PM.