Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Typhoid Mary's one of those mutants who seems to wade in and out of the X-books every so often, though it's been awhile since we've seen her in a main X-book (as opposed to a special).
    She could easily be used for an X-Force-esque kind of book. She even got a super soldier personality that could come in handy, plus she's been freed of her evil side recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Typhoid Mary's one of those mutants who seems to wade in and out of the X-books every so often, though it's been awhile since we've seen her in a main X-book (as opposed to a special).
    surprised that it didn't happen when she was parading around as Mutant X.

It's extremely rare to see Shriek in a X-book, and she, like Typhoid Mary, Sabra, and Trevor Fitzroy are confirmed mutants that would probably not fit with what mutants are trying to accomplish with Krakoa.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Heck, if Krakoa actually went and revived Trevor Fitzroy on principle Emma and the Hellions will demand he become Creed's exile-mate anyway.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I feel like they'd avoid resurrecting the Dark Riders as they were flat-out mutant hunters. Then again, Prism was brought back so if the Marauders are on the table then I suppose the Riders may be too.
    The Dark Riders were minions though and with their main boss Apocalypse is on Krakoa, they'd play by the rules. If they can bring Selene nad Emplate, both of whom feed on mutants on the island, then the DR shouldnt be excluded bc of theri past

Instead of Armor and Glob recruiting young mutants that most likely no one cares about, it would’ve been so much more interesting if they went after mutants who never really were comfortable considering themselves a part of the “mutant community” like Justice, Whirlwind, Midnight’s Fire etc etc. Also, Krakoa is all about forgiveness of the past so no one should be exempt from resurrection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Instead of Armor and Glob recruiting young mutants that most likely no one cares about, it would’ve been so much more interesting if they went after mutants who never really were comfortable considering themselves a part of the “mutant community” like Justice, Whirlwind, Midnight’s Fire etc etc. Also, Krakoa is all about forgiveness of the past so no one should be exempt from resurrection.
    Yeah, Justice, Silhouette and Midnight's Fire, from the New Warriors, would be neat. Namora and Namorita have the same 'ankle-wings and crazy strength' mutation that Namor has, for that matter.

There's also the Great Lakes Avengers. The Resistants / Mutant Force (both originals like Shocker/Paralyzer, Meteorite and Slither, and newer members like Rust and Mist Mistress). Bora (a tall girl with wind generating powers from a Moon Knight issue, last seen leaving with Xavier and the X-Men to go to the school, and never seen again...). Chance, from the Fallen Angels. Artie and Leech, currently hanging out with the Future Foundation (and Franklin Richards). I don't even remember what happened to Gideon... Those various mutants that Trevor Fitzroy summoned from the future by killing off the original Hellions, assuming Bishop didn't kill them all (Burke, Kroegger, etc. there were like a dozen of them, mostly long-haired dudes with heavy metal outfits and weird skin colors). Molly Hayes. Is Squirrel Girl still a mutant this week? I don't even know...

Lot of mutants out there.

So removing all "dissenting opinion" by "encouraging" even the most "detached from mutant community" mutants around that world that they MUST go to Krakoa? Complete homogenization of that one stance? They're free to think differently on any other issue but all mutants must 100% go to Krakoa, no exceptions?

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Justice, Silhouette and Midnight's Fire, from the New Warriors, would be neat. Namora and Namorita have the same 'ankle-wings and crazy strength' mutation that Namor has, for that matter.

There's also the Great Lakes Avengers. The Resistants / Mutant Force (both originals like Shocker/Paralyzer, Meteorite and Slither, and newer members like Rust and Mist Mistress). Bora (a tall girl with wind generating powers from a Moon Knight issue, last seen leaving with Xavier and the X-Men to go to the school, and never seen again...). Chance, from the Fallen Angels. Artie and Leech, currently hanging out with the Future Foundation (and Franklin Richards). I don't even remember what happened to Gideon... Those various mutants that Trevor Fitzroy summoned from the future by killing off the original Hellions, assuming Bishop didn't kill them all (Burke, Kroegger, etc. there were like a dozen of them, mostly long-haired dudes with heavy metal outfits and weird skin colors). Molly Hayes. Is Squirrel Girl still a mutant this week? I don't even know...

Lot of mutants out there.
    Mutants actually reaching out to those that have never really considered their status as a mutant can make way for a very interesting discussion. Wouldn’t even mind them revisiting Molly to send an invitation to Krakoa, also Gideon’s on the island as he’s shown up in X-Force #2. It would even be cool if they went back into Russia to try and recruit Darkstar and Red Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    So removing all "dissenting opinion" by "encouraging" even the most "detached from mutant community" mutants around that world that they MUST go to Krakoa? Complete homogenization of that one stance? They're free to think differently on any other issue but all mutants must 100% go to Krakoa, no exceptions?
    It’s crazy how you extrapolate every single thing (or theory) even remotely related to Krakoa and twist it into the most authoritative, fascist state society bent on removing mutant autonomy.

Until I see the time when a Krakoan gives one of those "homeland" pitches to the outlying mutant characters above, and gracefully accept when they just happen to say no (without even attempting a "but just think about it! we're waiting for you to change your mind"), then I'm on paranoia mode over that. That opinion is what makes me ME.

Well as long as you recognize that this is paranoia and founded on nothing that we’ve been shown in published X-media.

What, you think I wouldn't be happy/relieved if this story beat gets framed/resolved in a convincingly positive way so as to make my concerns anticlimactic? I'll gladly take a *Drax* 'you must be so embarrassed' dig at my expense if my "paranoia" is disproved.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-03-2019 at 08:10 PM.

I would love to see more obscure mutants on the island. It seems many don’t “belong” to the X-Office, which is absurd since Marvel is Marvel as far as most are concerned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    It's extremely rare to see Shriek in a X-book, and she, like Typhoid Mary, Sabra, and Trevor Fitzroy are confirmed mutants that would probably not fit with what mutants are trying to accomplish with Krakoa.
    Fitzroy is from the future, from the same future as Bishop and Ruby Summers. I think they are against resurrecting mutants from the future or other realities.
    He also doesn't have a soul, because he was resurrected (in the future) by Layla Miller, whose power is resurrecting creatures without their soul, and that is what made him go evil, before that he was a hero. In fact he was resurrected to save mutantkind.
    And he is also the future boyfriend of Ruby Summers.

I would rather have him not get used at all than used in a way that ignores all his continuity.

A player that has been blacklisted for years is Abyss, the brother of Nightcrawler. I think the editorial thinks making him the brother of nightcrawler was a mistake so they would prefer if we forget about him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

A player that has been blacklisted for years is Abyss, the brother of Nightcrawler. I think the editorial thinks making him the brother of nightcrawler was a mistake so they would prefer if we forget about him.
    can we get a closer to the Age of Apocalypse version of Abyss? that would be sooo good

I'd also say I don't think there's any way Xavier would put Shadow King in the resurrection protocols