Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Spider-man and his amazing friends v. The Power Rangers

Just as the title says except Spider-man, Iceman, and Firestar are their 616 counterparts.

Power Rangers are the original Six. They have access to all the Zords and powers that those Six ever had during their run. This includes the grown up Tommy. If a character did not drive a Zord, they do not get it here. If they did, they have it here.

Who takes it?

Icy Curbstomp. Bobby stomps everyone here, his own team included, while singing Let It Go.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Mostly it depends on whether they can call up Daizyujin before Iceman freezes them solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Mostly it depends on whether they can call up Daizyujin before Iceman freezes them solid.
    Power Rangers have Megazord.
    Zyuranger has Daizyujin.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Power Rangers have Megazord.
    Zyuranger has Daizyujin.
    Yeah. Daizyujin was much cooler; he was a god.

Anyway, I seem to recall something about Rangers / Sentai being able to do certain things instantaneously, like transforming. Does calling their zords fall under the same category?

Yeah. Daizyujin was much cooler; he was a god.

Anyway, I seem to recall something about Rangers / Sentai being able to do certain things instantaneously, like transforming. Does calling their zords fall under the same category?
    Nah. Let's take the originals for instance.
    They pose, call out the Zord names, and then the Zords come from wherever they are hanging out and appear to the team.

Also in the case of Magiranger/Mystic Force, the Rangers turned into their Zords.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Let's take the originals for instance. They pose, call out the Zord names, and then the Zords come from wherever they are hanging out and appear to the team.
    I'm not arguing this isn't the case with the Rangers, but in these shows what happens onscreen isn't necessarily the same as what happens in-universe. For example, just earlier today I was watching some Dekaranger and saw them use their transformation sequence to dodge an AoE attack.

Apples and oranges, I know. Just felt like making that point. Anyway, yeah; without prep time or knowledge of who's the biggest threat, the Rangers probably get put on ice right off the bat.

Anyone remember if the Rangers went up against any cold monsters? I feel like they might have some feats I'm forgetting. It's been a while.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

To be fair, pose time seems to operate entirely on its own rules, and is also regularly demonstrated to not really be necessary. Even MMPRs have done insta-morphs and stuff before (well, maybe not instant for the MMPRs; I think they did always use their morphers at least). The poses are a courtesy to the audience that doesn't really apply to the arena.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    To be fair, pose time seems to operate entirely on its own rules, and is also regularly demonstrated to not really be necessary. Even MMPRs have done insta-morphs and stuff before (well, maybe not instant for the MMPRs; I think they did always use their morphers at least). The poses are a courtesy to the audience that doesn't really apply to the arena.
    There's that scene in the Turbo movie where Kat morphs into Zeo Ranger I and it wasn't instant...but that's Zeo. The original six didn't really have a sequence per se. It was "Hold out Morpher. Call out your animal. Done"

I would think that their suits give the protection against being frozen solid, but I don't remember them ever coming up against a freezing monster. Jason did tank shots from a Zord on his own though, so I'd think that would count for something.

Without the zords Spiderman and his Amazing Friends should win, with them the Power Rangers should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Without the zords Spiderman and his Amazing Friends should win, with them the Power Rangers should win.
    Iceman created a Ice Voltron recently so i don't see the mega zord helping in this fight. I'm pretty sure 616 iceman can solo this in his sleep as he is currently.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Doesn't Spidey have enough webbing to hamper the Zord? I know it has ranged attacks, but they seemed to be made for taking out big targets, not smaller ones.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Icy Curbstomp. Bobby stomps everyone here, his own team included, while singing Let It Go.
    Which would be kind of awesome, in a creepy way.

A thought occurs: if the Rangers are able to last long enough to summon the zords, Spidey & Co. are going to have to deal with the Dragon Zord as well as the Megazord.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    Iceman created a Ice Voltron recently so i don't see the mega zord helping in this fight.
    While creating an ice construct that size is impressive, I don't see how it would help. Freezing the Rangers is a KO, but encasing the Megazord in ice is going to slow it down for all of 2 seconds before it blasts itself free. And if he creates another Ice Voltron, it's going down with one swipe from the God Horn (or whatever they called that sword in MMPR).

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Doesn't Spidey have enough webbing to hamper the Zord?
    I doubt he has that much web fluid handy at one time without prep. Also, it's been webbed before. Didn't stop it.
    Last edited by Primetime Harder; 05-05-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Mighty Member

A thought occurs: if the Rangers are able to last long enough to summon the zords, Spidey & Co. are going to have to deal with the Dragon Zord as well as the Megazord.
    I'm pretty sure that when the op stated that only the Zords that were actually driven are in play here, he meant no Dragonzord or Titanus.

"If" is the operative word here, as Bobby will flash freeze all six Rangers before they can call to the Zords. Or even better, let them call the Zords and freeze them in mid jump as they try to board their Zords.

Also, isn't Firestar unleashed a fairly scary mutant herself? I seem to recall she has some fantastic high energy feats in space where she finally cuts loose because she isn't afraid of hurting bystanders or blowing up cities.