Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Did I hallucinate it, or wasn't there a tv series as well? (quickly googles it) There was!
    I couldn't tell you a thing about it though.
    The TV series was absolute ****. The only thing they shared was the title "Poltergeist." So flipping forgettable. Except its crappiness is burned into my mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Poltergeist. The first movie is pretty much Spielberg in all but direction, and even that's up for debate. The sequels seemed to be setting up more of a recurring villain (Kane) but the death of O'Rourke and Beck kind of ended the series, although there were some plans for a prequel and of course there was a remake.
    There are far too many sources who claimed Spielberg did direct a portion of the film for it not to be true. The only question is: how much?

I'll admit, Kane was a pretty decent villain (although that's entirely down to Beck's acting.) So 2 gets a pass from me on that front (despite the story being mediocre). But 3? No. One of the worst films ever made. Its not even in "so bad, its good" territory.

Zelda Rubenstein was also in the Poltergeist show, but not as Tangina.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Credit where it's due, the "Television..."(FX) portion of the Fargo franchise has been nothing short of brilliant.

While it feels a little to small to make it to "Franchise...", it's worth noting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

Yeah, I remember Gundam Wing was kind of huge at the time, but nothing since has really hit with the same kind of impact here in America/the west since.
    G Gundam was popular in the west. G was only Gundam show they was brought up that maintained the momentum brought by Wing. It went downhill after Seed wasn't well received by westerners. Let's us not speak of Seed Destiny.

Was "Seed" the dueling show that was like "Dragon Ball Gundam" where the guy's ultimate weapon was called "Burning Finger?" Yeah, that was ridiculous.

Aside from that, most of the Gundam shows I've seen are more like serialized war movies starring children who don't have much personality and are filled with a lot of the navel-gazing pseudo-philosophy that many anime like to indulge. I think Wing Gundam appealed to westerners by having 5 very distinct heroes who were almost superhuman in their own right and had a complete story that didn't go on forever.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-07-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was "Seed" the dueling show that was like "Dragon Ball Gundam" where the guy's ultimate weapon was called "Burning Finger?" Yeah, that was ridiculous.
    That was G Gundam. I loved the stupidity of it all. I wish there was a new Gundam series in the spirit of it.

Macross but i only like the first show, plus and zero though. It fell deep into stupid territory with Macross 7 and the most recent shows sadly.

Gundam of course. Very strong franchise with an amazing high rate of good content. And i sure still have a lot of love for Buffy, even if i find it kinda hard to re-watch it now.

Not sure why.

Oh and Dark Crystal. The first movie i remember watching.