Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Did I hallucinate it, or wasn't there a tv series as well? (quickly googles it) There was!
    I couldn't tell you a thing about it though.
    The TV series was absolute shit. The only thing they shared was the title "Poltergeist." So flipping forgettable. Except its crappiness is burned into my mind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Poltergeist. The first movie is pretty much Spielberg in all but direction, and even that's up for debate. The sequels seemed to be setting up more of a recurring villain (Kane) but the death of O'Rourke and Beck kind of ended the series, although there were some plans for a prequel and of course there was a remake.
    There are far too many sources who claimed Spielberg did direct a portion of the film for it not to be true. The only question is: how much?

I'll admit, Kane was a pretty decent villain (although that's entirely down to Beck's acting.) So 2 gets a pass from me on that front (despite the story being mediocre). But 3? No. One of the worst films ever made. Its not even in "so bad, its good" territory.

Zelda Rubenstein was also in the Poltergeist show, but not as Tangina.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Credit where it's due, the "Television..."(FX) portion of the Fargo franchise has been nothing short of brilliant.

While it feels a little to small to make it to "Franchise...", it's worth noting.