Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Dynamite's Thundercats

Dynamite Entertainment has released new images and details surrounding their upcoming series Thundercats. Written by Declan Shalvey with art by Drew Moss, and letters by Jeff Eckleberry, the series is in partnership with Warner Discovery as part of a new line of licensed series getting the comics treatment.

“Getting to work on these characters is a dream come true based on a dream I never dared have,” said writer Declan Shalvey. “ThunderCats is one of those shows that blew my tiny mind when I first saw it. The scope, the imagination, the action. Looking back at it now, it has so many creative concepts woven through it, there’s so much room to explore this world that I’m excited to dig into. Especially, to see it all reimagined through Drew’s eyes. This February, the ThunderCats are loose!”

Set to debut its first issue in February, check out the design sheets for the characters below.
    So what’s Thundercats about?

The ThunderCats mythos of fierce feline warriors from the planet Thundera was created by Ted Wolf. With their beloved homeworld in its death throes, they must flee and find a new home, but are attacked by the Mutants of Plun-Darr, diverting them to Third Earth and starting a long conflict between these two groups. With other foes like the ancient Mumm-Ra, the likes of Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, Panthro, WilyKit and WilyKat, and others will hone their skills and survive. Readers can expect to see these elements and characters in the new comics.

The first issue will feature covers by David Nakayama, Jae Lee, and Ivan Tao. Nakayama’s stunning rendition will also be featured as the cover for Diamond Comic Distributors’ November catalog for titles releasing in February. Check that out below!
    For more on this news, read the official press release below.

October 19, Mt. Laurel, NJ: Following the announcement of the broader partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products and early details on the exciting new era of ThunderCats comics at New York Comic Con, even more details are ready to be revealed for fans!

ThunderCats is set to feature a range of incredible cover art from industry legends. In addition to the two previously revealed by Shalvey himself and Lucio Parrillo, they will be joined by David Nakayama, Jae Lee, and Ivan Tao. Nakayama’s stunning rendition will also be featured as the cover for Diamond Comic Distributors’ November catalog for titles releasing in February.

“Getting to work on these characters is a dream come true based on a dream I never dared have,” said writer Declan Shalvey. “ThunderCats is one of those shows that blew my tiny mind when I first saw it. The scope, the imagination, the action. Looking back at it now, it has so many creative concepts woven through it, there’s so much room to explore this world that I’m excited to dig into. Especially, to see it all reimagined through Drew’s eyes. This February, the ThunderCats are loose!”

Artist Drew Moss said, “When I first received the offer to draw ThunderCats, the eight-year-old inside of me did a backflip. I immediately started doing sketches and it brought me back to my youth. It is a dream come true to have the opportunity to add to the mythos with Declan, who I’ve admired for a long time. I still smile when I say it, ‘Thunder, thunder, ThunderCats, ho!'”

Editor Nate Cosby added, “These are the ThunderCats you know, but the story’s not going where you expect. It’s a mystery wrapped in sci-fi and magic, starring a stubborn group of survivors from a destroyed planet, desperate to survive. But survival is only the beginning.”

“ThunderCats is such a juggernaut, beloved franchise for multiple generations,” said Nick Barrucci. “We’re putting our full force behind this to provide readers with a thrilling narrative, both injecting a new approach for a new era as well as appealing to fans who have been with these characters for nearly 40 years.”

The ThunderCats mythos of fierce feline warriors from the planet Thundera was created by Ted Wolf. With their beloved homeworld in its death throes, they must flee and find a new home, but are attacked by the Mutants of Plun-Darr, diverting them to Third Earth and starting a long conflict between these two groups. With other foes like the ancient Mumm-Ra, the likes of Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, Panthro, WilyKit and WilyKat, and others will hone their skills and survive. Readers can expect to see these elements and characters in the new comics.

Fans can see character design work from artist Drew Moss, and stay tuned for a look at his interior art.

Extraordinary Member

Thundercats #1 Preview
    Writer: Declan Shalvey
    Artist: Drew Moss

Hmm...not sure I'm quite feeling the vibe/dialogue.

Also Tygra looks so weird with the "mustache."

Extraordinary Member

Screenrant has an article which has a title with a spoiler.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What the HELL did they do to Wllykits hair????? It looks HORRIBLE. They're really trying to make her look more feminine.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-26-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Cheetara suddenly has thick thighs, as if that's normal when she's supposed to be sleek and fast, not a bodybuilder.

I hope they don't start off with an origin and just go into new adventures.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Cheetara suddenly has thick thighs, as if that's normal when she's supposed to be sleek and fast, not a bodybuilder.
    She decided to get on steroids.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Thundercats #1 Preview
    Writer: Declan Shalvey
    Artist: Drew Moss

Out this coming week.

Extraordinary Member

First issue was fine I guess? I don't have a strong sense of nostalgia for Thundercats so I can't stay this grabbed me as a must read book going forward.

Do they have the latter-season Thundercats as well or no?

Bengali was my favorite when i was a kid. I remember the episode where Bengali repaired Lion-O's magical sword with his hammer. (because he was a blacksmith/warrior) I thought Bengali was the coolest because Thundercats would be ruined without Lion-O's magical sword and there was no one, no way to repair it. Only Bengali knew how to repair it because he was the last thunderian blacksmith with the knowladge and skill. Bengali was the coolest. (:

I was super disappointed when i started to read the Wildstorm Comics Thundercats run back in the day, because they killed Bengali off panel... He never appeared in the run. :/ But i have all the run as TPBs and read all of it. I will follow the Dynamite Comics Run as trades as well, but i prefer Deluxe Editions or somekind of OHC format just like i follow the BOOM! Studios Power Rangers as Deluxe Editions. I am more of collector now, so i prefer OHC format. Thundercats in OHC format would be so awesome.
    Last edited by out of control; 02-13-2024 at 02:38 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extraordinary Member

Thundercats #1 GalaxyCon Variant Cover by Mahmud Asrar

https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...28200939253763

I love that Cheetara !