Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

In my opinion, TKD trilogy's Lucius Fox is the definitive version of that character (Yes even more so than in the comics)

Incredible Member

Apparently Batman 139 goes for up to 1000 dollars. I have better luck of finding it at an antique store
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

and so it begins!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised.

I was expecting more of his Batwing suit mixed in with classic Batman.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Fox family apperance in Batman 101! Another Tim sighting also, very curious where DC is going with this.

first look at Tim Fox.

hopefully this is just a byproduct of comic idealism but he appears to have a similar superhero-esque build as Luke (best I can tell from a distance); so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to be in the cowl.

edit: noooooo, they shaved Luke
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

So Tim is Luke with a goatee?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Tim is Luke with a goatee?
    Oh, dear. We all know what goatees mean!

But I quite liked the glimpse at the Fox family this issue of Batman! Hope we get more of Tam and Luke going forward - they're my favorites!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, dear. We all know what goatees mean!

But I quite liked the glimpse at the Fox family this issue of Batman! Hope we get more of Tam and Luke going forward - they're my favorites!
    ^^You and me both.
    The issue while a set up promises a lot of things I can get behind.
    Just hope it pans out that way...

Astonishing Member

I can appreciate them taking advantage of the fact that Tim's last appearance happened a while ago and so he shoulda aged up by then. And he got in shape, too (to what extent is still hard to discern), which I'm definitely fine with on a visual level. I wonder who's younger/older, Tim or Luke? I assume post-Luke addition that Tim is younger, but just rocking trimmed facial hair, but I'm not sure.

And I agree that I'mma miss Luke's Detective Comics beard.

Extraordinary Member

Would be interesting to know what stories with Tim are canon, I think in his last major appearance (in Retroactive Batman from the 70s iirc) he was a member of the Terrible Trio.

Astonishing Member

One reason I'm excited for Tim to be back is, beyond holistic inclusion of entire chronological histories ... he's I think the only child of Lucius Fox actually created by Len Wein and seen during the Len Wein era. Not that it's totally necessary because he's kind of a horrible character and was just a pawn anyway, but could we get a Gregorian Falstaff revival, too?

Mostly I'm curious to see where they're going to go with the sibling dramas and such. There's so many tropes and conventions, so how you play the comeback of the long lost character is going to make or break the whole pitch.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    first look at Tim Fox.

hopefully this is just a byproduct of comic idealism but he appears to have a similar superhero-esque build as Luke (best I can tell from a distance); so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to be in the cowl.

Wait... how old is everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait... how old is everybody?
    Tamara is the eldest daughter and older than Luke, who appears to be around Barbara Gordon's age (early mid 20s), so I would say she's probably late 20s - early 30s at oldest. We don't know if Tim is older or younger than Luke but I think most people are going with older, so he'd probably be around Tam's age; I'm gonna guess late 20s.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-22-2020 at 06:59 PM.

currently following:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    first look at Tim Fox.

I don't like the hairstyle on Lucius, it looks like Norman Osborn
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3