Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Red face Sly as a Fox - Lucas "Luke" Fox and the Fox family appreciation thread

eh, the Foxs are looking to be playing a bigger role in the near future so why not show some appreciation for the family with best batsuit in the game

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created by:Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti (writer) Eduardo Pansica (artist)

First Appearance: Batwing #19 (April 2013).

Skills and Abilities: Luke is an intellectually gifted young man, having graduated a year early with two degrees from MIT, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world. Similar to his father, Luke is a highly skilled engineer, having accomplished feats such as developing bulletproof smart fabric for his college thesis, defusing a nuke, upgrading and creating both his Batwing suit and Jean-Paul Valley's Azrael suit, and being tasked to help update the Belfrey for the Gotham Knights. Luke was even offered a job at Wayne Enterprises, which he refused in order to pursue his own ideals and run Foxtech.

Luke was a world class boxer and mixed martial artist before being recruited by Batman, having participated in various point system based tournament fights since he was 16. Like Bruce, Luke has also traveled the globe learning from several different martial arts masters, most notably:

- Kubi Nage a Judo/Jiujitsu throwing technique from Sensei Tsunemoto.
    - Armed spear Kung Fu, "Shaolin Red Eagle Spear," taught to him by Master Chu Chin Li.

Essential Reading
    --
    --
    --

The Fox Family:
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-05-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Love Luke and Lucius and Tam. Kinda "eh" about Tiffany, but she's still cool.

Awesome choices of pics!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I found it funny that in the comics he started out as a younger lighter Tony Stark while in the animated movies he was more like Rhodey.

I didn't read Tynions run on Tec so I can't judge that. I'm neutral to him taking over for Alfred in Tynion's run or 5G.

For the animated movies, I thought about adapting Superheavy from the Snyder/Cappulo run with him instead of Gordon. It's an odd choice but having Luke be a public Batman is an interesting idea. Plus he's already an established hero so it's an easier sell than explaining why we are using Gordon.

Just saying, it could be fun. His actual solo could also be adapt but you'd have to write it with a different Luke in mind. I wouldn't mind if Movie Luke and David had a team up. Maybe he was stationed in Zambibe?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.

I wonder if Luke will ever become Batwing on the TV show.

Can't believe it's taken so long for luke, Tam or Lucius to get an appreciation thread. Lucius is in this weeks Tec

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Can't believe it's taken so long for luke, Tam or Lucius to get an appreciation thread. Lucius is in this weeks Tec
    there was nothing to appreciate, they are nowhere to be found

I do like the way Tomasi has been writing Lucius - how was he this week?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I do like the way Tomasi has been writing Lucius - how was he this week?
    He was very wise and human. I'll post a link it's actually Taylor who's writing him this time

I wasn't sure if he was the right pick to replace Alfred but this preview sold me. He handled Bruce very efficiently and the ease with which |Bruce decides to heed his advice tells us just how much trust and respect Bruce has for him

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...e-comics-1017/

He was very wise and human. I'll post a link it's actually Taylor who's writing him this time

I wasn't sure if he was the right pick to replace Alfred but this preview sold me. He handled Bruce very efficiently and the ease with which |Bruce decides to heed his advice tells us just how much trust and respect Bruce has for him

Very cool - thanks for the heads up!

Morgan Freeman make me like Lucius Fox.

About Luke I am fine with him too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...s-bruce-wayne/

John Ridley IV has allegedly been tapped as the writer for Luke Fox as Batman [assuming the 5G comes true] come Fall 2020. thoughts?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-10-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...s-bruce-wayne/

John Ridley IV is allegedly been tapped as the writer for Luke Fox as Batman [assuming the 5G comes true] come Fall 2020. thoughts?
    Ridley an interesting choice. I read his comic "The American Way" and it was great.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is he actually a butler or he's just there reporting? That bowtie really threw me off, he usually wears a tie. Like I'm seeing Alfred but with Lucius' head.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is he actually a butler or he's just there reporting? That bowtie really threw me off, he usually wears a tie. Like I'm seeing Alfred but with Lucius' head.
    he's not serving tea and crumpets or anything, he just pops in, tells him about a missing kid from one of the Wayne Orphanages and suggest that he investigates as Bruce, checks in on the status of the kids later, and then we see him at the end with Bruce and Damian. In truth, if you switched the heads, he could've been Alfred and it would've changed nothing but it wasn't like he was waiting on him hand and foot.

currently following:

can we put some respect on Lucius Fox name? this man is going OFF with the gadgets and gizmos! i love that Tynion is letting him flex his technological prowess, it makes him feel more distinct from Alfred and not like a copy-paste replacement

currently following: