Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Im a big fan of the Fox Family. I do like Lucius and his gadgets - I kinda hope that when Alfred inevitably comes back we can keep Lucius on comms aswell.

I think the future is looking bright for Luke. I think that if hes Batman even when Bruce returns to the mantle. He might be big enough to sustain his own book as Batwing or another new name the way Nightwing, Red Hood or Batgirl can. Though that is looking far into the future!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    can we put some respect on Lucius Fox name? this man is going OFF with the gadgets and gizmos! i love that Tynion is letting him flex his technological prowess, it makes him feel more distinct from Alfred and not like a copy-paste replacement
    I'm a big fan of this. Maybe because I loved Lucius in Batman Begins.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I honestly can’t wait for the 5G launch so I can get him back in the action. As Batman or as Batwing. He’s a very different character. I loved his portrayal in that animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Im a big fan of the Fox Family. I do like Lucius and his gadgets - I kinda hope that when Alfred inevitably comes back we can keep Lucius on comms aswell.

I think the future is looking bright for Luke. I think that if hes Batman even when Bruce returns to the mantle. He might be big enough to sustain his own book as Batwing or another new name the way Nightwing, Red Hood or Batgirl can. Though that is looking far into the future!
    let's not get ahead of ourselves, DC has a tendency to squander their characters of color, especially if they are in proximity to Batman. maybe "if" Bruce returns they'll give Luke his own book but they are just as likely (if not moreso) to have him unceremoniously retire from masks again. for now I'd just be happy if they do Luke well as Batman and give him enough time to grow into the role and make a substantial run in the cowl.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

let's not get ahead of ourselves, DC has a tendency to squander their characters of color, especially if they are in proximity to Batman. maybe "if" Bruce returns they'll give Luke his own book but they are just as likely (if not moreso) to have him unceremoniously retire from masks again. for now I'd just be happy if they do Luke well as Batman and give him enough time to grow into the role and make a substantial run in the cowl.
    It's because I'm a big fan of Luke that I don't like this idea that they're not building him up now. Luke deserves to be featured, especially if they have plans for him soon.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's because I'm a big fan of Luke that I don't like this idea that they're not building him up now. Luke deserves to be featured, especially if they have plans for him soon.
    IIRC Tynion said Luke will be featured and he and Lucius will be butting heads about Lucius' involvement, with Lucius wanting Luke to take over for him. which I believe is Tynion building toward Luke's graduation into Batman for John Ridley's "alleged" run.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

IIRC Tynion said Luke will be featured and he and Lucius will be butting heads about Lucius' involvement, with Lucius wanting Luke to take over for him. which I believe is Tynion building toward Luke's graduation into Batman for John Ridley's "alleged" run.
    That's a bit unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Tynion, but I think he has a mistaken attachment to the idea of "the sensible guy" in superhero comics - readers (quite reasonably) see that character as the "stop having fun guy". Luke shouldn't be like that.

BANNED

If anything can come from Luke being involved with Batman once more is this: I would like to see his sister return. In fact, I would enjoy it if the entire Fox family is a part of Batman family and knows Bruce is Batman from
    The start. Have it revealed that they helped take care of Bruce in case Alfred took a leave of absence and/or Leslie was too busy to help. Having the Fox family be a secondary family for Bruce growing up could be interesting to see if done properly and respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If anything can come from Luke being involved with Batman once more is this: I would like to see his sister return. In fact, I would enjoy it if the entire Fox family is a part of Batman family and knows Bruce is Batman from
    The start. Have it revealed that they helped take care of Bruce in case Alfred took a leave of absence and/or Leslie was too busy to help. Having the Fox family be a secondary family for Bruce growing up could be interesting to see if done properly and respectfully.
    Which sister, though? I would like to see Tam. Tiffany frustrated me more often than not - she's not bad, but she wasn't terribly good, either. But Tam - I was so excited when Tynion brought her back, even though just for one issue.

We're a ways away from Luke stepping in as Batman, in the meantime, let's take a look at all the wonderful new tech my boy Lucius has been designing and just flexing relentlessly with.

first we got the Nightcrawler

a multi-terrain land to sky vechile that can scuttle up vertical surfaces, pounce, and track targets. it comes with some nice toys too, superheated nano-cutting wire grappling hook, miniature projectors called shadowcasters that project Batman's image to spook enemies, and (my favorite aspect) the Batshot.

currently following:

the Batspawn (with a little sass from the GOAT himself)

currently following:

The Echo; a Batmobile in your pocket, perfect for Cape Crusader-ing on the go!

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Woah, that Lucius, right?

From these panels alone, he's pretty boss in this!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah, that Lucius, right?

From these panels alone, he's pretty boss in this!
    He is, a high point in a fun run so far.

John Ridley's Batman to focus on the Fox family

While I really want Luke Fox as Batman, I hope were see his whole family in action, not just Luke and Lucius.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-26-2020 at 08:38 AM.

currently following: