Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, they were there when Jim wore the suit.

I can't wait to see Twitter when this comes out. There's someone already complaining about the presence of a black woman in the cover of Red Hood
    Was not aware of that, but am not surprised.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think its more over 5g being a rumor that was never really explained. So people just assumed it was gonna be "All new all different DC" with the replacement trend. A lot of those characters were killed off or disgraced in story so fans were assuming the worst.

Trust me people don't care for Jon becoming the next Superman.
    I just wish they stopped throwing fits when it's a POC.

If Luke is taking over-it's for 4 issues.

That will be a trade for Luke.

He will have 6 trades. Why throw a fit?

There are fans who would kill for that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I just wish they stopped throwing fits when it's a POC.

If Luke is taking over-it's for 4 issues.

That will be a trade for Luke.

He will have 6 trades. Why throw a fit?

There are fans who would kill for that.
    The thing is that they threw fits over Jean-Paul, Dick, and Jim, too. A large majority of people just like Bruce as Batman best.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Has Tam Fox showed up recently? How about Tiffany Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Tam Fox showed up recently? How about Tiffany Fox?
    Tiffany, no. Tam was in Tynion's Detective Comics very briefly, but I was thrilled to see her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Tiffany, no. Tam was in Tynion's Detective Comics very briefly, but I was thrilled to see her.
    I feel like I should remember when she appeared, but when was this? Was it during the Victim Syndicate arc? I remember Lucius showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I should remember when she appeared, but when was this? Was it during the Victim Syndicate arc? I remember Lucius showing up.
    No, much later. During "Intelligence," Luke mentions that Tam is running his company while he's Batwinging, and then later, in Fall of the Batmen/Batmen Eternal, you see Tam greet Kate as Luke joins the Colony (issue #977)

so when was the backstory of the Fox family expanded? what are the individual issues, or any TPB collections that highlight this?

Is there a possibility of Luke becoming a non-Bat-themed hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so when was the backstory of the Fox family expanded? what are the individual issues, or any TPB collections that highlight this?

I'm not sure what the trades were, but it should be the last one or two collections of the New 52 Batwing series. I doubt he'll be detached from the Batfamily any time soon, since the Fox family is so integral to the Wayne business and crime-fighting mission.

The Batwing series after David leaves the role (I wanna say issue 18) is a good start. It's the first series for the character who was newly created by the writer Jimmy Palmiotti and they introduce Luke and a lot of his family during that run. I really liked the run when it started cause it seemed prime to give us a Bat-character who loves being a Bat-character and chooses it but it eventually got so grim dark like a lot of the New 52 titles at the time that it wasn't fun to read (for me at least) cause it was so depressing despite me liking Luke a lot as a character in it.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    The Batwing series after David leaves the role (I wanna say issue 18) is a good start. It's the first series for the character who was newly created by the writer Jimmy Palmiotti and they introduce Luke and a lot of his family during that run. I really liked the run when it started cause it seemed prime to give us a Bat-character who loves being a Bat-character and chooses it but it eventually got so grim dark like a lot of the New 52 titles at the time that it wasn't fun to read (for me at least) cause it was so depressing despite me liking Luke a lot as a character in it.
    There was a lot of unnecessary angst in the title. But I liked Luke in the book. And the covers by Darwyn Cooke were gorgeous.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone remember how Lucious pre-Flashpoint son, Timothy, used to be?

I think there is little chance of him being a non-Bat-themed hero because its easier branding.

But you never know....any ideas?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-02-2020 at 03:30 PM.

John Ridley's Batman to focus on the Fox family

While I really want Luke Fox as Batman, I hope were see his whole family in action, not just Luke and Lucius.
    cool, wonder why this is not big news, barely saw the news except on bleeding cool
    Last edited by HunterX; 09-03-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why is it dread for Luke (if it is him) to do it for 4 issues?
    The 5g rumours were iirc more that it would be longer and not be just limited to Batman, but that all major characters would get replaced.

If it ends up just being one mini, I guess the only ones that will enraged are the ones that see click-baity articles/youtube videos about it and don't get that it is just a mini.