Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    cool, wonder why this is not big news, barely saw the news except on bleeding cool
    Because it hasn't been issued as a press release from DC Comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    The Batwing series after David leaves the role (I wanna say issue 18) is a good start. It's the first series for the character who was newly created by the writer Jimmy Palmiotti and they introduce Luke and a lot of his family during that run. I really liked the run when it started cause it seemed prime to give us a Bat-character who loves being a Bat-character and chooses it but it eventually got so grim dark like a lot of the New 52 titles at the time that it wasn't fun to read (for me at least) cause it was so depressing despite me liking Luke a lot as a character in it.
    ^^ This was, and frankly still is, the number one draw for me to Luke as a character.

I still don't get how DC managed to not make something good come out of it.

Especially considering the number of not so great books that have been published and cancelled between then and now.

There's a whole other thread on why people hate Luke which could be summerized with "He's not a grim character and he's too perfect".

Guess it's safe to say the criteria for being a member of the Bat Family includes angst and grimness.

I guess the Batfamily tends to be written with a "no good deed goes unpunished" mindset. Hence why the characters who aren't driven by tragedy (Tim, Barbara, Luke) tend to go through one later in their career.

Luke's solo did the best version of it to me personally.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-03-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Yeah this seems to track with what I thought would be the case with Ridley writing in Joker War Zone, also Batwing art

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-teases...-batman-title/

Edit: well I guess we wait and see

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/no-l...er-war-zone-1/
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-03-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Default The Fox Family in Joker War Zone #1

I'm glad they're sticking with bearded Luke. I can't help but feel they're only doing it because they have Duke Thomas now and they needed to make a way to differeniate two young black male characters with low cut; which I can't entirely hate on, I love the beard look.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-14-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    ^^ This was, and frankly still is, the number one draw for me to Luke as a character.

I still don't get how DC managed to not make something good come out of it.

Especially considering the number of not so great books that have been published and cancelled between then and now.

There's a whole other thread on why people hate Luke which could be summerized with "He's not a grim character and he's too perfect".

Guess it's safe to say the criteria for being a member of the Bat Family includes angst and grimness.
    Please tell me you're joking about there being a Luke-hate thread? With such... ridiculous reasonsing behind the disdain? In an area that has been vocally condemning the insurance of "grim-darkness" and angst in the Batverse corner of comics for years now?

I saw Luke as more "frivolous" than perfect. He can feel like a wish-fullfillment avatar at first but Palmiotti and Cray do a good job making him feel like "grounded". He is rich and skilled but often felt like a normal 20-something year old.

Plus its hard to single him out as perfect when that's the Batfamily MO to me. Batman is a master of all trades so by association his family has to be. Even if they often aren't and various individual members have problems they have to work at.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I'm glad they're sticking with bearded Luke. I can't help but feel they're only doing it because they have Duke Thomas now and they needed to make a way to differeniate two young black male chaacters with low cut; which I don't hate, I love the beard look.
    Where is this from and why am I just seeing this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Please tell me you're joking about there being a Luke-hate thread? With such... ridiculous reasonsing behind the disdain? In an area that has been vocally condemning the insurance of "grim-darkness" and angst in the Batverse corner of comics for years now?
    ^^ LOL. Not literally (paraphrasing) but it did sort of end up being that way. Here it is:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...hlight=batwing

Where is this from and why am I just seeing this?
    it's the preview pages for the upcoming Joker War Zone #1. I just wanted to post it in case people were too lazy to click the link above my post.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's the preview pages for the upcoming Joker War Zone #1. I just wanted to post it in case people were too lazy to click the link above my post.
    Fantastic. Thanks.

More Luke Fox is always a good thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah this seems to track with what I thought would be the case with Ridley writing in Joker War Zone, also Batwing art

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-teases...-batman-title/

Edit: well I guess we wait and see

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/no-l...er-war-zone-1/
    Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen, will Gamesradar or Bleeding Cool be right on this one?
    Last edited by Rich Johnston; 09-05-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

^^ LOL. Not literally (paraphrasing) but it did sort of end up being that way. Here it is:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...hlight=batwing
    Ah, yes. That thread. Looking over it, I have actually read it before. More time has passed than I thought.

Heck, I even have a post there responding and concurring with yours you made there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen, will Gamesradar or Bleeding Col be right on this one?
    Hmm. Aren't you a writer for Bleeding Cool?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ah, yes. That thread. Looking over it, I have actually read it before. More time has passed than I thought.

Heck, I even have a post there responding and concurring with yours you made there.
    Haha. Look at that.

Yeah been a min since there was activity on it.

Looking forward to the Joker War Zone - if only for the Batwing story.