Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Originally he had only two kids Timothy and Tiffany.

Btw. James Gordon had originally also only one son named Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    yup! Timothy Fox first appeared in Batman #313 (July 1979). He only appeared 6 times total. Tiffany Fox first appeared in Batman #308 (February 1979). Tam first appeared in Red Robin #3 (October 2009) and Luke first appeared in Batwing #19 (June 2013).

Tanya Fox, Lucius's wife, has a weird history. She first appears unnamed in Batman #443 (January 1990). She's first named in Detective Comics #658 (April 1993) as Nancy Fox. She would be named Tanya in Batman: Gotham Knights #32 (October 2002).

Lucius by the way debuted in Batman #307 (January 1979).

So in order of debut it goes Lucius, Tiffany, Timothy, Tanya (then named Mrs Fox), Tamara, Luke.
    Woah......i wonder if he'd get a reference. Making him a half brother who fell in with the wrong crowd could be interesting.

Odds are he'll get a mention as Luke's middle name or as a cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's by Sarah J. Maas? Is it gonna have weird sex scenes?
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The prose novel didn't have any sex scenes. Romance, but no sex.
    I haven't re-read it in a while, but I think there was just one steamy makeout session and that's about it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't re-read it in a while, but I think there was just one steamy makeout session and that's about it.
    Unless it's Black Label there's not going to be a sex scene

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Glad it's Louise that is doing the adaptation of it. I'm sure she'll do the prose justice, and hopefully make it more interesting and dynamic. Not a fan of Sarah's work, so here's to hoping we get a better story out of this than the original.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think DC probably had rules in regard to how much steam she could put in there. So not her typical plot with smut takes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Heh. I guess in DC YA really means YA

Well from this I can actually kind of see how Luke would get to be Batman after Joker War or at least an idea of what the thought may have been

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...2021-spoilers/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

in John Ridley's story in Joker Warzone, we got a tease toward the reintroduction of Timothy Fox. people are apparently starting to wonder if Timothy will be the Black Batman John Ridley is writing for, not Luke. I would prefer if Luke was the guy to take up the role but who knows, maybe going with a entirely clean slate is a good move (even though Luke is also kinda a blank slate himself).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

If Luke was going to take up the mantle, wouldn't they have debuted the new suit there? Instead, he used his Batwing gear (though oddly, his codename wasn't mentioned).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Luke was going to take up the mantle, wouldn't they have debuted the new suit there? Instead, he used his Batwing gear (though oddly, his codename wasn't mentioned).
    I don't think so, this takes place concurrently with what's going on with Joker War, so I don't know why he'd create a Batman suit for himself when Bruce is still very much in the middle of a war with the Joker as Batman. it makes sense he's still Batwing, there's no reason for him to change when he's mostly at home not involved with this conflict. I think whats more of a nod to him becoming Batman is the fact they have his money now. Batman's superpower is is wealth, so he's basically All Might gave him One-for-All: Dough-for-All(?)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-30-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    in John Ridley's story in Joker Warzone, we got a tease toward the reintroduction of Timothy Fox. people are apparently starting to wonder if Timothy will be the Black Batman John Ridley is writing for, not Luke. I would prefer if Luke was the guy to take up the role but who knows, maybe going with a entirely clean slate is a good move (even though Luke is also kinda a blank slate himself).
    I had the same thought when they introduced the idea of Tim at the last part of the story. I hope not, because I love Luke, and I dislike Tim (from the DC Retro 1970s issue I read this year), but it does seem pretty significant.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The reintroduction of Tim interested me the most but I wonder if Lucius's mental breakdown would be explored more. Honestly I'm not that invested in Luke being Batman so I don't think Tim would be a better hook.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-30-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

in john ridley's story in joker warzone, we got a tease toward the reintroduction of timothy fox. People are apparently starting to wonder if timothy will be the black batman john ridley is writing for, not luke. I would prefer if luke was the guy to take up the role but who knows, maybe going with a entirely clean slate is a good move (even though luke is also kinda a blank slate himself).
    tim fox rises!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    "Bat for all" makes more sense. The reintroduction of Tim interested me the most but I wonder if Lucius's mental breakdown would be explored more.Honestly I'm not that invested in Luke being Batman so I don't think Tim would be better.
    Ebay sellers of his first appearance will disagree.

Monday I could have gotten Tim and TIff's first appearances and 5 other books from that time for $40.

Today... $80 an issue now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ebay sellers of his first appearance will disagree.

Monday I could have gotten Tim and TIff's first appearances and 5 other books from that time for $40.

Today... $80 an issue now.
    It feels like the speculation market is really foolishly intense right now - Batman 77, Punchline - it's all just speculation buying. Where's the buying for excitement and love?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord