Fantastic Member

Default The Powerpuff Girls (Original Series Version) vs. Captain Marvel (MCU Version)

The Powerpuff Girls (Original Series version) vs. Captain Marvel (MCU version). Who wins?

Mighty Member

did Captain Marvel do something in her solo film that puts her in the same league as the original PPGs? because, based on what I saw in the Avengers films... she's fast, strong, and tough. her ranged attacks are okay, too... but that's not going to be enough to beat all three of the PPGs at the same time in Khazan Arena. I think she could beat any single PPG in a one-on-one fight... but I don't see how she can win in this scenario.

They'd probably go total fangirls on her, and surrender to how awesome she is!

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    did Captain Marvel do something in her solo film that puts her in the same league as the original PPGs? because, based on what I saw in the Avengers films... she's fast, strong, and tough. her ranged attacks are okay, too... but that's not going to be enough to beat all three of the PPGs at the same time in Khazan Arena. I think she could beat any single PPG in a one-on-one fight... but I don't see how she can win in this scenario.
    I don't think she can beat even one of the girls.

They have done stuff like lift mountains and outrun emails just for starters.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They are soooooooooo much faster than she is. It's an FTL PPG blitz for the win. They can't one-shot her or anything, but they can hit her billions of times and that ought to be enough.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

carol gets triple blizted to death.

I am sure that each of the girls alone hits hard enough to bust a mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    I am sure that each of the girls alone hits hard enough to bust a mountain.
    Sounds right to me. It's just that probably isn't enough to one-shot "I ignore Thanos getting serious with his Thor-OSKOing headbutt" Carol. It doesn't at all change the outcome, though.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sounds right to me. It's just that probably isn't enough to one-shot "I ignore Thanos getting serious with his Thor-OSKOing headbutt" Carol. It doesn't at all change the outcome, though.
    Thanos slams his head against a mountain as hard as he can. How much of that mountain do you feel is going to splinter apart into gravel and dust? 1/4? 1/8? What percentage of "mountain buster" do you feel MCU Thanos sits at?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanos slams his head against a mountain as hard as he can. How much of that mountain do you feel is going to splinter apart into gravel and dust? 1/4? 1/8? What percentage of "mountain buster" do you feel MCU Thanos sits at?
    It doesn't really matter? My feeling on Carol's durability, given her casual fly-through of the total bombardment of Thanos' ship, of outright no-selling his headbutt, of the fly-through of all of the exploding planet-slaughtering warheads on CM before she even knew what she could do, of all of that stuff, is that a mountain-buster won't one-shot her. Not that she won't feel it, not that it won't hurt, but that it won't one-shot her.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It doesn't really matter? My feeling on Carol's durability, given her casual fly-through of the total bombardment of Thanos' ship, of outright no-selling his headbutt, of the fly-through of all of the exploding planet-slaughtering warheads on CM before she even knew what she could do, of all of that stuff, is that a mountain-buster won't one-shot her. Not that she won't feel it, not that it won't hurt, but that it won't one-shot her.
    It totally matters in the sense that you are using it as the baseline feat to make your claim. It's her best feat imo and rightly so; in the context of the MCU, it is ridiculous. But I can't see Thanos or anyone else even encroaching on mountain busting forces with their own power.

The ships barrage was visually VERY appealing, but it's not like it added all of its blasts together and hit her with some sort of combined supercharged shot - it was all individual blasts she was rushing through. The best feats for these blasts are "maiming space whales".

The missiles she flew through were detonated prematurely. The fireball she passed through was tiny compared to the impact blasts the missiles were managing earlier in that film. This has been pointed out often.

Quite frankly, to bust a mountain you would need to be throwing out force WAY above nuclear. Like oodles and oodles above h-bomb level damage. CM has absolutely zero feats on that level.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It totally matters in the sense that you are using it as the baseline feat to make your claim. It's her best feat imo and rightly so; in the context of the MCU, it is ridiculous. But I can't see Thanos or anyone else even encroaching on mountain busting forces with their own power.

The ships barrage was visually VERY appealing, but it's not like it added all of its blasts together and hit her with some sort of combined supercharged shot - it was all individual blasts she was rushing through. The best feats for these blasts are "maiming space whales".

The missiles she flew through were detonated prematurely. The fireball she passed through was tiny compared to the impact blasts the missiles were managing earlier in that film. This has been pointed out often.

Quite frankly, to bust a mountain you would need to be throwing out force WAY above nuclear. Like oodles and oodles above h-bomb level damage. CM has absolutely zero feats on that level.
    Even if I am correct in saying that one mountain-busting hit is NOT enough to one-shot MCU Captain Marvel, I am pretty sure that she isn't tanking dozens of mountain busting blows per second rapid-fire (times 3, mind you).