Fantastic Member

Default Hellboy and the B.P.R.D - The Beast of Vargu and Others TPB

Here's the announcement.

https://screenrant.com/hellboy-bprd-...-others-trade/

Interestingly, these stories jump around the timeline, with Lambton in 1960, Beast of Vargu in 1962, and Krampusnacht & Saturn Returns in 1975. Wasn't at all what I was expecting for the collected edition. Thought they'd put a year on the spine. I guess it makes a weird kind of sense. We might not reach '60 to get Lambton collected for several years. Same for Vargu. At least this way, the stories are collected sooner.

So I'd bet "Long Night at Goloski Station", "Return of Effie Kolb" 1-2, and "Seven Wives Club" are going into another collection down the line with some 4th comic. Maybe "Mood Swings" and "The Last Witch of Fairfield" too.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 12-03-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Awesome news!!! Thank you so much!

Glad we are getting "Hellboy: The Return of the Lambton Worm" collected, I wasn't going to pick up Playboy for that.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

I think they did make the whole thing available online at least

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Cool, cool, cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

I have always wondered, with the year TPBs if we would get a Hellboy in Vietnam story. ( before, during or after that terrible war).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th View Post
    I have always wondered, with the year TPBs if we would get a Hellboy in Vietnam story. ( before, during or after that terrible war).
    It's a good question, and one I am not equipped to answer. He's a US citizen, so would've been eligible for the draft, and at the time the US entered the war (1965), he'd have been of age for conscription (by the US government's reckoning he'd have been 20 years old I'd imagine.) His draft number was 162 and he was "born" in 1944, which means he would've been called for possible induction at the first draft in 1969. Whether he was considered ineligible due to his being an active member of the B.P.R.D. is another question, but I can't imaging Bruttenholm allowing him to run off to fight in Vietnam, no way, no how.

However, we do have quite a gap between 67-74 in terms of the timeline, and since the first draft took place in '69 and they left the war in '73, it's utterly conceivable that this unknown period has Hellboy off in Vietnam... which would make a pretty good collection of short stories a la Hellboy in Mexico.

Give it to me.

Edit: I'm going to move this concept to a separate thread I think.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 02-03-2020 at 08:06 AM.