All-New Member

Default Help me remember this book (mutant amnesia at play)

So I grew up obssessed with the X books, gave up on them at some point, and I'm revisiting/reconnecting. The other day I remember having an x-title which was a comic book format book which provided a sort of recap of the X-Men's history up until that point (this was the early 90s). It was all hard text with actual panels from the comics as illustrations. I distinctly remember some of the specific panels used (i.e. Storm admonishing Wolverine for wanting go "hunting" on his day off, etc..), and that it was were I first read about the Dark Phoenix saga etc.. before I could get my hands on the actual comics.

So far I haven't been able to find info on this mythical title, but that just be my mutant ability to be an incompetent at play. So...help?
    Thanks!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
    So I grew up obssessed with the X books, gave up on them at some point, and I'm revisiting/reconnecting. The other day I remember having an x-title which was a comic book format book which provided a sort of recap of the X-Men's history up until that point (this was the early 90s). It was all hard text with actual panels from the comics as illustrations. I distinctly remember some of the specific panels used (i.e. Storm admonishing Wolverine for wanting go "hunting" on his day off, etc..), and that it was were I first read about the Dark Phoenix saga etc.. before I could get my hands on the actual comics.

So far I haven't been able to find info on this mythical title, but that just be my mutant ability to be an incompetent at play. So...help?
    Thanks!
    The issue where Storm rebukes Wolverine for hunting was, IIRC, the one with Guardian on the cover, bursting up out of the ground to attack the team and bring Wolverine back to Canada.

Issue 109, if my Google (search for 'X-Men covers Guardian') and memory do not fail me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Wow, thank you. For some reason I hazily recalled this as being an X-Men thing and not a solo Wolverine joint, but yes, this is it.

Glad to help out. Your description totally brought my childhood back to me. I read that series over and over again.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Glad to help out. Your description totally brought my childhood back to me. I read that series over and over again.

Same here!