Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Isn't Gambit ... much older than Kitty?
    Gambit was a relatively new character at the time and his age wasnt locked down. He could have been 18 for all we knew

As much as I respect and admire Chris Claremont for everything he did for X-Men, it's ideas like this that confirm the editors were right to let him go and reign him in during the latter part of his tenure. I honestly can't see ideas like Gambit and Kitty resonating at this point. They wouldn't even be the same characters if he'd taken them down the path. I think the same applies to his plans for Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Storm. He clearly had attitudes towards certain characters that informed his stories surrounding them and I don't think they would've worked in the long run if he'd pursued them. The success of the X-Men throughout the 90s, even after he left, is proof of that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    As much as I respect and admire Chris Claremont for everything he did for X-Men, it's ideas like this that confirm the editors were right to let him go and reign him in during the latter part of his tenure. I honestly can't see ideas like Gambit and Kitty resonating at this point. They wouldn't even be the same characters if he'd taken them down the path. I think the same applies to his plans for Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Storm. He clearly had attitudes towards certain characters that informed his stories surrounding them and I don't think they would've worked in the long run if he'd pursued them. The success of the X-Men throughout the 90s, even after he left, is proof of that.
    It is known that he intented Jean and Logan to be together at some point. Even in comic con when someone asked him about Jeans true love he said that in his mind Jean mabye loves Scot and Logan mabye loves Mariko but in the end of time you have immortal wolverine and immortal phoenix so they will end up together forever because the others will die eventually. I dont know what plans he had for Storm and Cyclops...Pair them? They had chemistry. After Jean died and before Maddie show up. I remember when they fought Sidri with corsair that i was thinking they could make a beautiful couple those two.

BANNED

I found Chris' many unexplored couples in 616* - Rogue/Colossus, even potentially Kitty and Gambit - far more interesting than most of the longstanding ones. He also had the balls to break the seal and pair Logan and Ororo for real in Reload years before the line caught up to him. They're still my OTP for them. It just makes sense!

* - No comment on The End or X-Men Forever, both unreadable

Claremont had some really stupid plans for the X-Men (some were even published!). I think the idea behind this is sound and certainly more interesting than what we’ve been stuck with for decades. However, I also don’t trust Claremont to execute the idea properly. It was really bad in X-Men Forever, but I’d down for someone else to come along and pick the idea up at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gambit was a relatively new character at the time and his age wasnt locked down. He could have been 18 for all we knew
    Lol, that would be the same age colossus was and there have been years of ‘creepy’ comments about it. No thank you, bullet dodged, IMO.