Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Yeah it’s horrible. It’s comics. Characters can change but they often can’t.

Jubilee adopting a human baby was always a terrible idea. Ridiculous.

Turning Shogo into an Otherworld cast element increases its validity as a recurring setting. They’ve said twice now how invulnerable and happy he is as a dragon. Sounds like set up.

I never said I liked what was happening, just that I can see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Turning Shogo into an Otherworld cast element increases its validity as a recurring setting. They’ve said twice now how invulnerable and happy he is as a dragon. Sounds like set up.

The worst part is, the cynic in me totally agrees with this...

...But I gotta hold out hope, dude! Jubilee adores that baby! She fought tooth and nail to keep him!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

So just read it.

The lighthouse is in Cornwall? I thought it was near Liverpool on the western coast.

I anticipate Shogo will stay in Otherworld.
    That bloody lighthouse has been all over the shop.
    I know it was at one point near Liverpool, early on, because of Kitty shopping in M&S and the Three Graces, but I think it’s always supposed to have been off Cornwall.
    For one thing, there’s no rocky coast off Liverpool, nearest I could figure would be Hilbre Island off The Wirral, but hardly dramatic, windswept coastline, it’s the Wirral! North of Liverpool is just Formby, Southport, and all that sand and mud and red squirrels.

I don't think they'd throw Shogo away like that. It'd be too cold. Maybe they'll just let him keep some magic.

Never too late to add my two cents to this!

This issue in my mind suffers from the same problems the previous two issues did.

1. C-Grade dialogue.
    2. Slow story pacing.
    3. Needing massive amount of suspension of logic and reason for the story to work.

I don't think Tini has the ability to tell this kind of story yet. It's almost like she's trying to use Hickman's style of storytelling to worst effects.

BANNED

They’re not leaving the baby in frickin’ Otherworld. Good lord, people. Get a grip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I know it was at one point near Liverpool, early on, because of Kitty shopping in M&S and the Three Graces, but I think it’s always supposed to have been off Cornwall.
    For one thing, there’s no rocky coast off Liverpool, nearest I could figure would be Hilbre Island off The Wirral, but hardly dramatic, windswept coastline, it’s the Wirral! North of Liverpool is just Formby, Southport, and all that sand and mud and red squirrels.
    So what you're saying here...is that the lighthouse might be the Tardis....?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They’re not leaving the baby in frickin’ Otherworld. Good lord, people. Get a grip.
    LOL
    I do love how they write their own stories in their heads based off of some panels and a few lines of dialogue...it's nothing if not imaginative.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL
    I do love how they write their own stories in their heads based off of some panels and a few lines of dialogue...it's nothing if not imaginative.
    You say that like it's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing?
    Lol. Not at all...I was being complimentary.
    It's only a bad thing when the narrative don't quite go the way they've imagined and they become pissy and whiny because "their ideas were so much better/more interesting".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-08-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lol. Not at all...I was being complimentary.
    It's only a bad thing when the narrative don't quite go the way they've imagined and they become pissy and whiny because "their ideas were so much better/more interesting".
    //But my ideas ARE better.//

ANYWAY, I’m not saying they’ll leave a baby, but they might leave a dragon. “Shrogon” is already exhibiting more intelligence than a human baby, accelerated aging and comprehension might also be a magical Otherworldian effect. After X-Factor’s clearly mandated removal of baby Nathan, I’m cynical when it comes to x-parents. Where’s Wolverine’s adopted daughter anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thank you! I’d love to travel but I’m poor and American. I agree the Cornish coast is more dramatic, and it doesn’t take much to assume Phoenix could fly them to Liverpool. Excalibur’s two(three with Muir) headquarters are so interesting I’m glad both are back.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-08-2019 at 07:10 AM.

//But my ideas ARE better.//

ANYWAY, I’m not saying they’ll leave a baby, but they might leave a dragon. “Shrogon” is already exhibiting more intelligence than a human baby, accelerated aging and comprehension might also be a magical Otherworldian effect.
    That's how I see it going...if I were to guess.
    He'll revert to human baby when they return to the lighthouse but with some changes. Faerie magic is (un)predictable like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I like what it says about Morgan. That she has been forced into her position through circumstances. That she would rather not be defending Camelot but that it is her duty. It suggests to me a transformative story where some form of compromise will be struck between Betsy and Morgan. A new and novel solution to the situation. That’s certainly what -[A]- seems to be seeking and has probably helped enact.
    That's an interesting take! It feels like Morgan and Betsy are being written as foils at the moment. Both have brothers that were "heroes to the people"; Morgan in Arthur (depending on which Arthurian legend is being used) and Betsy in Brian. And according to Morgan, they are now both being forced into roles. I wonder whether this story is also going to add some dimensions to Morgan especially since she's always been written as a 2D mustache-twirling villain that just wants to take over the world.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think they'd throw Shogo away like that. It'd be too cold. Maybe they'll just let him keep some magic.
    Plus she adopted the kid cuz she believes humans and mutants can get along just like Xavier. People are just heartless.
    "Cable was right!"