Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Create your own next/new generation of students

So just from reading on these and other boards not many are excited about yet another new class of students. I think it's pretty safe to say that not many are excited about the students of the upcoming GenX book. I mean really the Morrison/Aaron/Bendis creations pale in comparison to the New Xmen/Academy X crew, once it was paired down anyway. Of course there may be many reasons for this.... maybe because we know they won't be developed too much and in a few months or so they'll be added to the long list of those in writer limbo. Also I would say not many are interested in the Sharkgirls, Eyeboys, and Nature Girl's of the world (damn even the names are not creative). But that aside from all that I would think that the Morrison students as well as the Academy X kids should no longer be in any class but more or less should be forming their own teams and/or joining the adults, so I doubt we could get away with putting them all back in class.

So since most are not happy with the regurgitated class that they are slapping the GenX label on.... Here I'm asking you to create your own class or your own students complete with powers and personality. Who do you want as the New GenX? I guess we could also use kids in the X-men universe. Like say for instance Karma's brother and sister and/or Money's twin sisters, Shogo, Gabby, etc

BANNED

I'd rather have kyle yost NEW X MEN, some of gen x or even gen hope rather than creating a new class

BANNED

Yeah me too. But does it really make sense to keep them as students now? They would have graduated by this time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Yeah me too. But does it really make sense to keep them as students now? They would have graduated by this time
    Make them new X men or X men legacy without being in the academy... A more public team mentored by Emma Frost, supervised by monet and have polaris t be the cool aunt
    -Emma :mentor
    -Monet :Field supervisor
    -Polaris : Public relations
    -Surge : leader
    -Hellion : Lancer
    -Rockslide and Mercury : heavy hitters
    -Sooraya : ranged fighter
    -Anole : spy
    -Pixie :teleporter

Team statement is that Emma has gotten quite popular post IvX and surge and pals started a team, Emma shows up and offers to mentor them and give them some sponsorship in exchange of having more public presence, monet tags along to mentor the team in the field and polaris handles the public relations and helps them train in combat, but overall they're fully fledged heroes like the champions

Don't have a massive problem with Nature Girl and Morph honestly. But one is a mute and the writer conceives the other as something as a pushover, which is fine but they'll need a strong personality to work off of then. That'll be Quentin and I really, really hate Quentin.

See here's the thing. If there's no Academy X students in it, that's not a teen book I'm interested in reading. And should they be graduates? Maybe, but regardless Marvel isn't going to let them. Editorial already stated this in an X-Po. Additionally, several students were shown to have "graduated" in WATXM, but that didn't matter because they went right back to being students afterwards. Quire makes the least sense to be back at the kids table in Gen X, even, after his arc of leaving and doing Hellfire stuff. But continuity doesn't matter to Marvel if a writer wants to use a character.

The only other young X-characters I'd like to read more about and possibly see in a school book..The twins from Spurrier's Legacy, Legion (but not sure how he would come back), and Negasonic now that she's back.

I made this as my Gen X relaunch wishlist, but it's still what I'd like to see in an X-teen book.
    Academy X would make a little more sense as the book's name, though. They're kids, not middle aged adults

Jubilee and Monet would be the mentors to this group of next gen X-men. The headmistress would be either Kitty or Emma (or both).
    Needless to say, other students like Bling, Genesis, Broo and others would have recurring roles, but wouldn't really be X-men in training.
    Surge, Dust, Prodigy, Mercury and others I'd like to see as already independent from the school, possibly as members of an X-force that isn't a kill squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I made this as my Gen X relaunch wishlist, but it's still what I'd like to see in an X-teen book.
    Academy X would make a little more sense as the book's name, though. They're kids, not middle aged adults

Jubilee and Monet would be the mentors to this group of next gen X-men. The headmistress would be either Kitty or Emma (or both).
    Needless to say, other students like Bling, Genesis, Broo and others would have recurring roles, but wouldn't really be X-men in training.
    Surge, Dust, Prodigy, Mercury and others I'd like to see as already independent from the school, possibly as members of an X-force that isn't a kill squad.

OK I'm interested in the idea of some operating independently of the school and not being a kill squad. So what would be your premise and idea for the team?

See I want a team that has Surgery. Hellion. Dust. Laura. Mercury. Rockslide. Pixie. Maybe have some appearances by Prodigy, Anole, Hope, Gentle, Elixir. I've thought about them operating independently because basically they feel let down and abandoned by the X-men. Instead of being protected they were exposed to danger and have had the most tragedy out of the student classes. Now as far as the premise....i guess they take it upon themselves to operate work separately from the X-men to help those of their generation and protect those the school and the X-men can't or they feel won't protect. After all not every mutant wants to go to Xaviers or JGS or be an Xman in training.

I would make it a double issue type book or two-fold story showcasing those that want to remain with the X-men and then those wishing to be separate and just call that X-men Legacy. Or I'd just call them an all new Brotherhood or Mutant Liberation Front that's not evil but just different from and separate from the X-men.

Mentors: Jubilee and Husk

Charges (Alphabetically): Anole, Armor (designated field captain), Cipher, Quentin, Rockslide, Trance, and Velocidad

I imagine that some of the other X-Youth perhaps have started their own unaffiliated, unsupervised, semi-militant "team" probably consisting of Hope, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Match and Primal. Kind of like back when Cable recruited the New Mutants, with Hope filling the Cable role.

And then I imagine some other "kids" like Dust, Gentle, and Transonic have moved on from heroing entirely.

Teachers/Mentors: Jubilee (the friendly one), Surge (the not-friendly one) and Magik (the one who isn't telling you to go throw Monet's hair products in the septic tank, but isn't not telling you do that either, if you catch my drift)

Returning Students: Pixie (never gonna pass that final magic exam until she quits being a wuss and sucks Brooklyn into a black hole already) and Hellion (because seriously, he's never getting out of this place, might as well make a running joke out of it)

Early Graduating Student: Glob Herman (leaves in first issue while mockingly laughing at others, wanders into NYC traffic without realizing and is immediately run over by 5 consecutive taxis)

New Students: Jen E. Moté, a.k.a Emoji (half-Asian half-French, media-influenced mind and emotion-fuelled shapeshifting causes her to express all feelings in the form of memes - becomes Grumpy Cat when upset, that gif of the Tenth Doctor standing in the rain if she's sad, etc.), Trent-Z the inZane (previously-unknown son of Adam-X, determined to be even more edgy than his dad, own blood undergoes nuclear reaction when exposed to air - can explode a good-sized house just by bleeding on it), Charlotte McAllister a.k.a Kelpie (Scottish because I demand more representation, half her hair is seaweed, has gills and other aquatic quirks plus a hypnotic singing voice), and El Jaundicio, the Living Banana (he's a banana and he's ALIVE!!)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

Early Graduating Student: Glob Herman (leaves in first issue while mockingly laughing at others, wanders into NYC traffic without realizing and is immediately run over by 5 consecutive taxis)
    Automatically Pulled.

BANNED

No More Students

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No More Students
    I kind of agree with this. Give the school a rest for a minute, and let's get a new New X-Men book with Hellion, Surge, etc, and actually show them as the newest full-fledged X-Men team! They should all have long since graduated, anyway, so let's show them making their mark in the world as actual X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I kind of agree with this. Give the school a rest for a minute, and let's get a new New X-Men book with Hellion, Surge, etc, and actually show them as the newest full-fledged X-Men team! They should all have long since graduated, anyway, so let's show them making their mark in the world as actual X-Men.
    Yeah, they'd sell more than champions

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I would make a new Young X-Men book. They wouldn’t be students; they would be more of a junior squad. While the X-Men focus on big global-level threats the Young X-Men would take care of the smaller day to day emergencies involving mutants or other super-powered people. The threats would eventually escalate. There would be two supervisors to the squad, but the team would be in charge of themselves with the supervisors only stepping in when things get out of hand.

Supervisors: Husk and M
    YXM: Leader-Surge
    Anole
    Graymalkin
    Trance
    Indra
    Oya

I would also tweak Graymalkin, Trance, and Indra’s abilities.

Graymalkin: I would make it so that he has a photosensitive exoskeleton. He would keep the enhanced strength, speed, and durability, but his design would be more of a transformative/shifting look. When his exoskeleton is at full growth he should look much more intimidating (think the arrancar from Bleach).
    Trance: I would change it so that her astral form is most effective against telepaths/telekinetics. When her astral form makes physical contact with a TP/TK user she neutralizes their abilities for as long as she maintains contact. When making contact with a non-psychic she creates a faint feeling of vertigo and is able to read their mind. The energy attack of her astral form would be largely ineffective against most organic matter but devastating to mechanical devices/electronics. Also her astral form should be better designed, one of the few things we know about Hope is that she is interested in fashion so her astral form should be wearing new and innovative outfits every time she manifests it.
    Indra: I would make his armor form more organic looking plate armor. He would be able to remove and manipulate the form of these plates.

The big bad would eventually be revealed to be the daughter of Malice and the Shadow King. A purely psychic entity that feeds on negative and chaotic emotions, she would be able to possess multiple bodies at the same time. It would be revealed that she has possessed Dust, Hellion, and Transonic while they were away at college.