Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the psychic weapons that they are the "focused totality of her psychic powers"? So if she has the broadsword and shield out, then she can't also use high level telekinesis
    Her trademark focussed totality was always in regards to her Psychic Knife, which was telepathic in orgin and was used to fry synapses. These swords and shields are all (usually?) telekinetic.

Betsy's never been very creative with her telekinesis. Like, ever. It's arguably the most versatile power outside of wholesale reality warping and all she ever did was fashion weapons like a Pink Lantern. Even Cerise, Excalibur's original pink lantern did more with less.

I'm actually okay with Betsy having a very limited form of telekinetic power. It's not like her powers have ever been stable or specific. Pink lantern sword & board is a unique visual and doesn't run the risk of oversaturated psychic mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What's up with Betsy being so weak? She should have been tearing through those assholes like they were Christmas presents. On paper, an alpha class psychic/telekinetic mutant combined with a Shazam/Gladiator level brick should be, uh, fucking incredible. She's a broken power fantasy, a total Juggernaught. Watching her retreat all the time is no fun.
    I'm assuming highly augmented by magic soldiers. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense. She should be unstoppable with the current powerset. Remember that she pwned Rogue with only her TK in the past, saying she didn't need brute strength? Well now she has both.

BANNED

The mention of Courtney Ross was very interesting. How did Claremont's debacle in New Excalibur explain her resurrection? Didn't she die again?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm assuming highly augmented by magic soldiers. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense. She should be unstoppable with the current powerset. Remember that she pwned Rogue with only her TK in the past, saying she didn't need brute strength? Well now she has both.
    An article linked hear in pages past opines that she's not yet fully-powered as Captain Britain yet because she really wasn't planning on it. Betsy thought she would take the Amulet of Right from mind-controlled Brian, use its power to knock some sense back to him, then give it back. She had neither desire nor inclination to assume the mantle of CapBrit (again), but circumstances are now pulling her to sincerely own the power and the title, especially since Wisdom just said the Queen THE CAPTAIN's help with something. So we will see Betsy, mutant and therefore citizen of Krakoa first (or only?), having to wield the powers of the symbolic superhero champion of her human birthplace (which she may have lost citizenship to).

While Apoc again thinks "Keikaku doori."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

I'd like to see Kelsey Leigh/Lionheart again sometime. One of the few good ideas Chuck Austen ever had. (His vanity credit as "Chuckles" on She-Ra is so annoying)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    So we will see Betsy, mutant and therefore citizen of Krakoa first (or only?), having to wield the powers of the symbolic superhero champion of her human birthplace (which she may have lost citizenship to).

You keep saying this like it's fact. There is no indication the mutants have lost or renounced other citizenship.

An article linked hear in pages past opines that she's not yet fully-powered as Captain Britain yet because she really wasn't planning on it. Betsy thought she would take the Amulet of Right from mind-controlled Brian, use its power to knock some sense back to him, then give it back. She had neither desire nor inclination to assume the mantle of CapBrit (again), but circumstances are now pulling her to sincerely own the power and the title, especially since Wisdom just said the Queen THE CAPTAIN's help with something. So we will see Betsy, mutant and therefore citizen of Krakoa first (or only?), having to wield the powers of the symbolic superhero champion of her human birthplace (which she may have lost citizenship to).

Lemme see if I have this straight...

They decided to strip her of her citizenship before sending an agent of the government that just stripped her of her citizenship to fetch her?

That's the guess?

But if IT (exclusive Krakoan citizenship for confirmed and awakened mutants) WAS confirmed, would you support it moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme see if I have this straight...

They decided to strip her of her citizenship before sending an agent of the government that just stripped her of her citizenship to fetch her?

That's the guess?
    The (possible) loss/renunciation of citizenship might have happened when Betsy chose to make a home for herself in Krakoa. BEFORE the unfortunate incident on Brian Braddock took place. The Royals and MI;13 were thus blindsided and are left with no recourse but to nicely treat with the Krakoan holding the CapBrit power.

And if Pete Wisdom were somehow convinced by Excalibur to be re-naturalized as a Krakoan then (Johnny Cage's Deadly Uppercut ver. MK11, ending gesture).
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-05-2019 at 02:53 AM.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

But if IT (exclusive Krakoan citizenship for confirmed and awakened mutants) WAS confirmed, would you support it moving forward?
    I'm not doing this with you. Please first acknowledge what you're suggesting does not actually exist.

The (possible) loss/renunciation of citizenship might have happened when Betsy chose to make a home for herself in Krakoa. BEFORE the unfortunate incident on Brian Braddock took place. The Royals and MI;13 were thus blindsided and are left with no recourse but to nicely treat with the Krakoan holding the CapBrit power.

And if Pete Wisdom were somehow convinced by Excalibur to be re-naturalized as a Krakoan then (Johnny Cage's Deadly Uppercut ver. MK11, ending gesture).

This assertion(which, as far as I can tell, is based on right around "Nothing...") makes absolutely no sense. Why would you send an agent of a government who has just revoked you citizenship to fetch someone whose citizenship it had just revoked to take part in state business?

It would be like the Cubs calling a pitcher they just fired to show up for the season opener.

Again, nothing points to it being the case and it make less than no sense.

It doesn't. Perhaps. Dunno. I act on my emotions /Heero.

Wait for Exc #4 then. You already beat me with the confirmation that they weren't forced to kill Dragon!Shogo anyway. Sheesh.

Another fun issue.

I'm fookin' loving the art!!! Absolutely. I'm lovin' the coloring, inks and pencils. These people are top notch, I'm getting my moneys worth, no doubt.

On first read I got the sense of reading a cartoon storyboard, which isn't a bad thing, maybe it's Tini' emerging style, because her background of writing for Rick and Morty. And for me anything that resembles that the X-office are at all considering animation is A OK in my book. Reading it like a storyboard made me less bothered to expect minor details initially too, yet on second read through I did notice them, such as;

Betsy saying that the soldier horde "don't feel entirely real" and "overwhelmed, which feels absurd" as enough explanation of why they were having difficulty.

And Gambit saying "leveling up"

I kinda wouldn't of minded if they all lost their powers while in the Otherworld for now, as to make it a trialing realm for these characters to go through. Jubilee could be equipped with vampire fanged knuckle dusters, and nerve racking firework rockets, and Gambit could have a raccoon on his staff as a familiar, like this....

Another great data page... mutantsunmuted.com/q/krakoa Ha! q for questions or questing!
    Who's the 28/M looking for another pea for his pod ?
    and Power amplification/dulling mentioned twice oO

Shogo as a dragon/Drogon is inspired!!

Dark Knight Brian is a great boss battle building up. I'm hoping they all get given a boss battle character.

It would've been nice to have had just a little clue/teaser to Rogues state, as to keep the imagination triggered. I've had some wickedly epic daydreams of her awakening, I'll try not to judge to harshly what actually happens, cos my daydreams went out-there and WILD

Pete Wisdom is a character that I haven't read anything much of, so he's another nice intro for me.

The cryptic message for next time reads as "Word to the wise" meaning a hint or brief explanation given, that being all that is required.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Her trademark focussed totality was always in regards to her Psychic Knife, which was telepathic in orgin and was used to fry synapses. These swords and shields are all (usually?) telekinetic.

Betsy's never been very creative with her telekinesis. Like, ever. It's arguably the most versatile power outside of wholesale reality warping and all she ever did was fashion weapons like a Pink Lantern. Even Cerise, Excalibur's original pink lantern did more with less.

I'm actually okay with Betsy having a very limited form of telekinetic power. It's not like her powers have ever been stable or specific. Pink lantern sword & board is a unique visual and doesn't run the risk of oversaturated psychic mutants.
    Yes Besty with low-fi TK is always wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the psychic weapons that they are the "focused totality of her psychic powers"? So if she has the broadsword and shield out, then she can't also use high level telekinesis
    Well here is a thought then. Put the damn sword and shield away and use high level telekinesis. Not rocket science. Really you have 3 characters that can attack from range so confused why they opted for close combat.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Because they've always been prone to more close combat?