Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

I think my biggest problem with this book is that the characters that are reluctant or don't want to be there doesn't have to be. There is no reason Gambit has to be there or jubilee with her baby so while I like both characters it makes it feel tedious. I don't get why they are there if they are so reluctant so it keeps taking me out the story. But so much potential in this book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Gambit is there cuz his wife got taken out helping Apocalypse and Betsy in #1.
    Rictor is here for Apocalypse's plan with the magic stones.
    I don't know why Jubes is here.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gambit is there cuz his wife got taken out helping Apocalypse and Betsy in #1.
    Rictor is here for Apocalypse's plan with the magic stones.
    I don't know why Jubes is here.
    But Gambit could have stayed behind with Rogue and get her help, they were still on Krakoa when she was taken out in issue 1. It would have made so much sense if they had crossed the portal into otherworld, rogue was attacked and instead of escaping they were unable to go back through the gate. Something small like that could have changed a lot imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Betsy specifically asked Gambit to accompany her to Otherworld in the second issue after Apocalypse tells her she has to go and save Brian now. He even comments how he wants to stay with Rogue at the lighthouse but she basically begs him.

they are going to need better/different art to get my attention back. I like Rictor. but the rest of this lot is boring.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Seeing Rictor's depression return just about broke me. Reduced to searching for help on the Internet because he's sad and alone. That's my life. I don't want it to be his.
    I caught this tweet on Tini's twitter feed. Gonna go slink off and sulk for awhile . . .

Tweet.jpg
    Last edited by Solitaryhawk; 12-05-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Unable to upload image

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Seeing Rictor's depression return just about broke me. Reduced to searching for help on the Internet because he's sad and alone. That's my life. I don't want it to be his.
    I caught this tweet on Tini's twitter feed. Gonna go slink off and sulk for awhile . . .

Tweet.jpg
    Yup, I'm out because of this. There are only 3 gay couples in the Marvel comic universe, and I'm not cool with breaking up on of them offscreen for angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Awww, C'mere and get yourself a big ol' hug, if ya want it. Chin up

That bloody depression and loneliness it's sommin' most of us have to deal with at times, it's a big ol' bag of crap.

Rictors just starting this chapter, it'll be a hoot, you'll see. The dude is in Cornwall already!, there's plenty of redheaded britonic warrior hunks for him to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yup, I'm out because of this. There are only 3 gay couples in the Marvel comic universe, and I'm not cool with breaking up on of them offscreen for angst.
    See, I don't think a steady ship suits Shatterstar anyways, he should be up for banging (or being banged) by whomever impresses him, physically and mentally, male or female and Rictor could be the same, but a little less overtly randy. A dynamic of Rictor trying to get him to admit a commitment, while Shatterstar seeing commitment as just a future heartbreak could be an interesting dynamic somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I mean kinda drastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

See, I don't think a steady ship suits Shatterstar anyways, he should be up for banging (or being banged) by whomever impresses him, physically and mentally, male or female and Rictor could be the same, but a little less overtly randy. A dynamic of Rictor trying to get him to admit a commitment, while Shatterstar seeing commitment as just a future heartbreak could be an interesting dynamic somewhere.
    Dude this alllll day
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Awww, C'mere and get yourself a big ol' hug, if ya want it. Chin up

That bloody depression and loneliness it's sommin' most of us have to deal with at times, it's a big ol' bag of crap.

Rictors just starting this chapter, it'll be a hoot, you'll see. The dude is in Cornwall already!, there's plenty of redheaded britonic warrior hunks for him to meet.

But that's why they are so cute because Shatty put in the effort of commitment and Rictor of understanding where he comes from instead.

I really liked this issue as well. So that’s 3 wins out of 3 so far IMO.

Also, I’m glad that they recognized right away that the dragon was Shogo. The last time Jubes encountered a dragon it didn’t go so well for the big lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I really liked this issue as well. So that’s 3 wins out of 3 so far IMO.

Also, I’m glad that they recognized right away that the dragon was Shogo. The last time Jubes encountered a dragon it didn’t go so well for the big lizard.

Oh my imagine if she did that to Shogo. Suddenly this book turns darker than X-Force.

What if Shogo keeps some of that faerie magic? And he becomes like a dragon shapeshifter. He could be useful and a nice mascot ala Lockheed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought this issue was okay. Not great but not terrible either. The writing is disjointed and sometimes leaves me confused as to what is going on, specifically Shogo turning into a Dragon confused me for the first few panels. Art is solid and the plot still has me hooked but the dialogue is struggling. I want to see Apocalypse's end game so I'm in for the long haul.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.

This was fun and interesting. I really liked the subtle ending of the Otherworld scenes “From one reluctant Warrior Queen to another, long may we reign”. That hints at so much. Great writing.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-06-2019 at 03:40 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

This issue was fun. Nothing special but honestly I felt as if this was the best of Excalibur so far. Hopefully Tini continues this trend. Really enjoyed it especially coming off reading that tragedy named “X-men”.