Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This was fun and interesting. I really liked the subtle ending of the Otherworld scenes “From one reluctant Warrior Queen to another, long may we reign”. That hints at so much. Great writing.
    "Long may we reign."

Best case scenario, even if Brian is successfully rescued he will ask Betsy to keep the amulet while he "retires."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Maybe Brian will get kidnapped by Mojo next.

Rictor was afraid to walk anywhere but then Apocalypse came along and now he's walking fine in Krakoa?
    Did I miss something in the panels?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Rictor was afraid to walk anywhere but then Apocalypse came along and now he's walking fine in Krakoa?
    Did I miss something in the panels?
    Right? Like for all we know the dude just friggin' carried him there!

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Long may we reign."

Best case scenario, even if Brian is successfully rescued he will ask Betsy to keep the amulet while he "retires."
    I like what it says about Morgan. That she has been forced into her position through circumstances. That she would rather not be defending Camelot but that it is her duty. It suggests to me a transformative story where some form of compromise will be struck between Betsy and Morgan. A new and novel solution to the situation. That’s certainly what -[A]- seems to be seeking and has probably helped enact.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Long may we reign."

As a fan of Brian, I'd be ok with this because he has been so misused by a long string of writers. It's been 15 minutes and they ALREADY seem to have a better sense of what to do with Betsy as CB than they ever had with BB.

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    As a fan of Brian, I'd be ok with this because he has been so misused by a long string of writers. It's been 15 minutes and they ALREADY seem to have a better sense of what to do with Betsy as CB than they ever had with BB.
    Or one of them could become Britannic.

Brian develops a mutant power and returns to being Britannic.

I'd rather Brian return to Captain Britain and Betsy become a female Britannic.

Brian's powers are innate, they don't come from the amulet. He shouldn't lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Or one of them could become Britannic.

Brian develops a mutant power and returns to being Britannic.

I'd rather Brian return to Captain Britain and Betsy become a female Britannic.
    Oh no...not Britannic please...I mean, I suppose it has potential but the way it was used before was just another way to write Brian out of CB because they really couldn't figure out how to make him interesting.

Astonishing Member

Considering Saturyne implanted the CBC’s secrets in Brian before the beyond era destroyed them, they could also just have Brian take Saturyne and Roma’s place as head of a rebuilding Corps.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOVED this issue.
    I love him but...-:A:- makes me uneasy with how he manipulates the others...now Rictor, for his own means to an end. (Which is, I guess, the point or, one of many).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Probably been mentioned but I'm not sure what the point in julbilee being there. Either leave your kid at home or stay on the island with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Probably been mentioned but I'm not sure what the point in julbilee being there. Either leave your kid at home or stay on the island with him.
    Eh double edged sword really; like, narratively they absolutely do need to tackle the question of "What of a human baby to a mutant parent?" as with Shogo and Jubilee, on the other, yeah logic...but I think the context is key here. She doesn't trust Apocalypse not to harm him because he might be seen as an 'intruder' of sorts (as he dream indicated) and, hey, when you've got this little thing that can't defend itself you do start worrying about "Oh god, what if other people think that too??"

So, yeah, on the one hand we need her to address the question, on the other...

I mean, Shakespeare's work is loved because the hero is put in a situation they're ill-suited for; maybe that's what they're thinking with these guys? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Eh double edged sword really; like, narratively they absolutely do need to tackle the question of "What of a human baby to a mutant parent?" as with Shogo and Jubilee, on the other, yeah logic...but I think the context is key here. She doesn't trust Apocalypse not to harm him because he might be seen as an 'intruder' of sorts (as he dream indicated) and, hey, when you've got this little thing that can't defend itself you do start worrying about "Oh god, what if other people think that too??"

So, yeah, on the one hand we need her to address the question, on the other...

I mean, Shakespeare's work is loved because the hero is put in a situation they're ill-suited for; maybe that's what they're thinking with these guys? I dunno.
    If she was still a vampire it'd make a bit more sense with the whole magic team going on. Shogo keeping a connection to the faeries magic could establish a deeper link to magic for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If she was still a vampire it'd make a bit more sense with the whole magic team going on. Shogo keeping a connection to the faeries magic could establish a deeper link to magic for her.
    Maybe it's her past experience with it? Remy's had some too actually; he was a fairy saviour once, haha!