Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Apocalypse needs to hurry up with his nasty plans.

ETA: I loved the mutant social media insert.

BANNED

This was Good.

This was A LOT better(IMO) than Issues 1 and 2.

Though, the dialogue just doesn't sit right with me. But it was still good. I liked it.

This book might have my favorite art of Dawn of X.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This book might have my favorite art of Dawn of X.
    Jubilee is looking better than I've seen her in years.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

As others have said this issue was better than the last, but the Otherworld party is still feeling one note, and their part in the issue seemed kind of pointless. Betsy already knew Brian was being controlled, so I'm not sure why the issue spent so much time to re-establish that. I was a lot more interested in the b plot with [A], Rictor, and Wisdom and would like more of that.

Pete Wisdom needs to officially join this team ASAP.

Also, he needs to reconnect with Kate Pryde because her current drunken, gives zero fucks persona would lead to a hot no-strings-attached hookup with Wisdom.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Unfortunately Excalibur disappointed me again.
    Ok, it has some cute moments with Shogo.
    But mostly of this issue was a completely waste of time.
    #2 had a poor development because a lot happened in few page, so I was expecting something big now.
    But the mission in the other-world was useless, they just checked Brian was still under Morgan's spell and went back home.

Once again, enjoyed the issue. Consistently fun.
    Cant wait to see where this goes.

BANNED

Ok, this is a huge step-up from last month! Yeah, the flow was still a little jittery between some scenes, but I felt like there was much more introspection here, or at least, much more time for it that we just didn't seem to get in #2. Ideally, I would probably say that a perfect approach would have been to combine some of the scenes here with those in last month's...but then...that might have hindered more than it helped.

I'm empathising with Remy though; some readers are seeing him as a bit whiny but, to be honest, I get his frustration. Hell, the boy's the only one talking sense here! He is the ultimate man of perspective here, nowhere near the dumb one the others seem to be ribbing him for (I'm hoping their joking anyway...)

One big egregious thing, though, was in Betsy's dialogue. It should be 'mummy,' not 'mommy' when she's talking to Shogo.

(And omg, baby dragon Shogo!!! Oh thank god he's alright!! Now he can flash-bang Apocalypse all by himself!)

But I'm loving the focus she's getting here and how we're being drip-fed how close she is to Brian; it needs expanding, don't get me wrong! But so far it's nice to see; as someone close to her brother, as someone who gets that anguish of seeing them being changed and morphed and manipulated at the hands of another...yeah, it's only a shallow allegory but I appreciate that. I'm also looking forward to see how they address the juxtaposition mentioned too, of Captain Britain now being both British and Krakoan! I feel like this is definitely the book that needs to show that kind of balance addressed and, thankfully, we look like we're gonna be getting it!

BANNED

Everything happening in Otherworld was silly and tedious (they were going to get killed... by guards armed with swords and shields??? lmao I guess Betsy left most of her psychic juice in Kwannons body) but that was totally okay because ApocalypsexRictor is in motion. I love how their situation mirrors Apocalypse initial deal with Warren who was suicidal at the time. And Rictor just goes along with it.

Final page was a good twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    But I'm loving the focus she's getting here and how we're being drip-fed how close she is to Brian; it needs expanding, don't get me wrong! But so far it's nice to see; as someone close to her brother, as someone who gets that anguish of seeing them being changed and morphed and manipulated at the hands of another...yeah, it's only a shallow allegory but I appreciate that. I'm also looking forward to see how they address the juxtaposition mentioned too, of Captain Britain now being both British and Krakoan! I feel like this is definitely the book that needs to show that kind of balance addressed and, thankfully, we look like we're gonna be getting it!
    Agreed, the relationship with Brian angle is moving along nicely. She cares very much about him, so much so that she dived headfirst into the castle raid without realizing her TP couldn't do anything more than read the guards' surface thoughts, because they "weren't entirely real".

Magic wins this round, but {A} is coming.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The "mutant-magic" concept of the book sounds interesting on paper, it should be fun and groundbreaking, but once you read the book you are hit with a very different reality, it's just mundane and boring. The plot, the dialogue, everything is so uncompelling.
    It's hard to say this because some of my favorite X-men are in this book but so far in my opinion Excalibur has been the worst book of all the new ones.
    I rolled my eyes so hard when they had trouble fighting a bunch of medieval dudes with spears and shields, like seriously? Betsy or Gambit could easily deal with them by themselves, add then a dragon and Jubilee and the whole thing is even dumber.
    The surprise appearance of Pete Wisdom might be the only reason for me to get the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    The "mutant-magic" concept of the book sounds interesting on paper, it should be fun and groundbreaking, but once you read the book you are hit with a very different reality, it's just mundane and boring. The plot, the dialogue, everything is so uncompelling.
    It's hard to say this because some of my favorite X-men are in this book but so far in my opinion Excalibur has been the worst book of all the new ones.
    I rolled my eyes so hard when they had trouble fighting a bunch of medieval dudes with spears and shields, like seriously? Betsy or Gambit could easily deal with them by themselves, add then a dragon and Jubilee and the whole thing is even dumber.
    The surprise appearance of Pete Wisdom might be the only reason for me to get the next issue.
    I gotta admit, I am confused about what exactly "Mutant magic" means? Like, from what I'm seeing Apocalypse just seems to want to either colonise/take over otherworld or just steal its' power/resources? I don't know if that's right, like, but? I mean...how would mutant magic be different at all from human magic...? It's all magic, isn't it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I think the big thing is that we haven't actually SEEN mutant magic honestly it's still pretty vague and the closest we've gotten to it is the data pages from issue 1.

Still not sure hoe it differs or is supposedly superior to human magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As others have said this issue was better than the last, but the Otherworld party is still feeling one note, and their part in the issue seemed kind of pointless. Betsy already knew Brian was being controlled, so I'm not sure why the issue spent so much time to re-establish that. I was a lot more interested in the b plot with [A], Rictor, and Wisdom and would like more of that.
    Same thoughts about this issue. Betsy screaming "my beautiful brother" was a bing cringy to me lol. I want to see this mutant magic thing being explored rather than Camelot figthing (which was... a very boring fight).

Dragon Shogo was super cute. And the forum posts about Krakoa were very funny too.