Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Was this better than previous issues? Yes, but I forget most of what happened already. Two things stick out:

1) Why did Julio all of a sudden stop breaking everything when he was walking around? Did the writer conveniently forget, or is En Sabah Nur somehow controlling him or something

2) Is "28/M" Cyclops?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Same thoughts about this issue. Betsy screaming "my beautiful brother" was a bing cringy to me lol.
    Game of thrones asf. Once we get 2 cap Britains I expect the 2 to become 1. Wincest.

As for the last page Apocalypse looks pissed. This Brit is messing with his plans! On another note I want to see the big showdown between Apocalypse and Morgan Le Fay. Hopefully we will see a mutant doing some type of magic in the next issue. For all this talk about magic it seems to be absent. We havent even gotten confirmation that Betsy has all the powers of her bro. Whenever she fights she does the sword and shield thing. I wanna see her be a bit of a tank for a lil bit.

Was a good issue overall.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Elizabeths thirst was embarassing this issue. "My beautiful brother" you ve got pants now lady. Keep it in them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This was my favorite issue of Excalibur so far. It was a very fun read. I love magic Shogo. Rictor's story is interesting, and I'm excited to see what's going on with him.

I get a little annoyed that these characters are functioning more as individuals than a family though. I feel like Jubilee, Gambit, and Betsy should be simultaneously worrying about Shogo, Brian, and Rogue without reminding the others they're in danger.
    I agree. I want more chemistry between the former Blue team members. But this issue was an improvement. The pieces are coming together. Rictor and Wisdom are a guge bonus for me! Love them!

Now make Betsy more fierce please. And the clunky armor hurts my eyes.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Was this better than previous issues? Yes, but I forget most of what happened already. Two things stick out:

1) Why did Julio all of a sudden stop breaking everything when he was walking around? Did the writer conveniently forget, or is En Sabah Nur somehow controlling him or something
    I think that might be a narrative thing? Earlier on the message-boards the responder asked "Is there anyone who can hold your hand?" And then, Apocalypse was shown with his hand held out...it definitely needed better establishing though. Like what was up; emotional instability, depression, what was affecting his powers? How did having a hand to hold settle it...or did Apocalypse just carry him?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Elizabeths thirst was embarassing this issue. "My beautiful brother" you ve got pants now lady. Keep it in them.
    Betsy he is your brother dear. Watching too much game of thrones?

I get the issues people have, but I believe the issues with this series so far are because Tini has the most to establish of all the Dawn of X series. Otherworld is literally another world. It’s been rough at times, but give it time. I believe the series will settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Game of thrones asf. Once we get 2 cap Britains I expect the 2 to become 1. Wincest.

As for the last page Apocalypse looks pissed. This Brit is messing with his plans! On another note I want to see the big showdown between Apocalypse and Morgan Le Fay. Hopefully we will see a mutant doing some type of magic in the next issue. For all this talk about magic it seems to be absent. We havent even gotten confirmation that Betsy has all the powers of her bro. Whenever she fights she does the sword and shield thing. I wanna see her be a bit of a tank for a lil bit.

Was a good issue overall.
    The only thing we got from mutant magic that Apoc is trying to make is that he wants it to be "free" for the user or without a cost (which is a big thing in the Marvel universe as far as magic stuff). I guess he will try to use mutant powers to create the external resources that are usually used by commong magicians.

Apocalypse is slowly becoming the break out character of this book.

While the baby dragon part was cute. I really need Gambit to chill a little.

Overall 3.5 out of 5
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    I get the issues people have, but I believe the issues with this series so far are because Tini has the most to establish of all the Dawn of X series. Otherworld is literally another world. It’s been rough at times, but give it time. I believe the series will settle down.
    Sensible. Thank you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They still need to explain why sailt to england to bring Rogue there. This is a editor mistake

Still liking this book a lot, but Gambit needs something to do aside from reminding us he's worried about Rogue. No one's forgotten.

I don't mind that they had to retreat from overwhelming forces.
    Krakoa's law about not killing any humans may/may not apply to the Otherworld soldiers but they shouldn't risk it. So it's not like Gambit, Betsy or Shogo could just mow down the soldiers

ok time for a re read of this issue. Maybe ill like it better after a second read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't mind that they had to retreat from overwhelming forces.
    Krakoa's law about not killing any humans may/may not apply to the Otherworld soldiers but they shouldn't risk it. So it's not like Gambit, Betsy or Shogo could just mow down the soldiers
    Theyve dealt with much more formidable foes without resorting to killing in the past. This was bad writing. I can appreciate needing a reason to bring Shogo in but that was rushed.