Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 149
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Was this better than previous issues? Yes, but I forget most of what happened already. Two things stick out:

    1) Why did Julio all of a sudden stop breaking everything when he was walking around? Did the writer conveniently forget, or is En Sabah Nur somehow controlling him or something

    2) Is "28/M" Cyclops?

  2. #47
    Incredible Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Same thoughts about this issue. Betsy screaming "my beautiful brother" was a bing cringy to me lol.
    Game of thrones asf. Once we get 2 cap Britains I expect the 2 to become 1. Wincest.

    As for the last page Apocalypse looks pissed. This Brit is messing with his plans! On another note I want to see the big showdown between Apocalypse and Morgan Le Fay. Hopefully we will see a mutant doing some type of magic in the next issue. For all this talk about magic it seems to be absent. We havent even gotten confirmation that Betsy has all the powers of her bro. Whenever she fights she does the sword and shield thing. I wanna see her be a bit of a tank for a lil bit.

    Was a good issue overall.

  3. #48
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Elizabeths thirst was embarassing this issue. "My beautiful brother" you ve got pants now lady. Keep it in them.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This was my favorite issue of Excalibur so far. It was a very fun read. I love magic Shogo. Rictor's story is interesting, and I'm excited to see what's going on with him.

    I get a little annoyed that these characters are functioning more as individuals than a family though. I feel like Jubilee, Gambit, and Betsy should be simultaneously worrying about Shogo, Brian, and Rogue without reminding the others they're in danger.
    I agree. I want more chemistry between the former Blue team members. But this issue was an improvement. The pieces are coming together. Rictor and Wisdom are a guge bonus for me! Love them!

    Now make Betsy more fierce please. And the clunky armor hurts my eyes.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Was this better than previous issues? Yes, but I forget most of what happened already. Two things stick out:

    1) Why did Julio all of a sudden stop breaking everything when he was walking around? Did the writer conveniently forget, or is En Sabah Nur somehow controlling him or something
    I think that might be a narrative thing? Earlier on the message-boards the responder asked "Is there anyone who can hold your hand?" And then, Apocalypse was shown with his hand held out...it definitely needed better establishing though. Like what was up; emotional instability, depression, what was affecting his powers? How did having a hand to hold settle it...or did Apocalypse just carry him?

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Elizabeths thirst was embarassing this issue. "My beautiful brother" you ve got pants now lady. Keep it in them.
    Betsy he is your brother dear. Watching too much game of thrones?

  7. #52
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I get the issues people have, but I believe the issues with this series so far are because Tini has the most to establish of all the Dawn of X series. Otherworld is literally another world. Itís been rough at times, but give it time. I believe the series will settle down.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Game of thrones asf. Once we get 2 cap Britains I expect the 2 to become 1. Wincest.

    As for the last page Apocalypse looks pissed. This Brit is messing with his plans! On another note I want to see the big showdown between Apocalypse and Morgan Le Fay. Hopefully we will see a mutant doing some type of magic in the next issue. For all this talk about magic it seems to be absent. We havent even gotten confirmation that Betsy has all the powers of her bro. Whenever she fights she does the sword and shield thing. I wanna see her be a bit of a tank for a lil bit.

    Was a good issue overall.
    The only thing we got from mutant magic that Apoc is trying to make is that he wants it to be "free" for the user or without a cost (which is a big thing in the Marvel universe as far as magic stuff). I guess he will try to use mutant powers to create the external resources that are usually used by commong magicians.

  9. #54
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Apocalypse is slowly becoming the break out character of this book.

    While the baby dragon part was cute. I really need Gambit to chill a little.

    Overall 3.5 out of 5
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  10. #55
    Mighty Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    I get the issues people have, but I believe the issues with this series so far are because Tini has the most to establish of all the Dawn of X series. Otherworld is literally another world. It’s been rough at times, but give it time. I believe the series will settle down.
    Sensible. Thank you.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #56
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    They still need to explain why sailt to england to bring Rogue there. This is a editor mistake

  12. #57

    Default

    Still liking this book a lot, but Gambit needs something to do aside from reminding us he's worried about Rogue. No one's forgotten.

    This Week's Comics: X-Men #5, Dr. Strange: The End #1, Monstress #25

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,495

    Default

    I don't mind that they had to retreat from overwhelming forces.
    Krakoa's law about not killing any humans may/may not apply to the Otherworld soldiers but they shouldn't risk it. So it's not like Gambit, Betsy or Shogo could just mow down the soldiers

  14. #59
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    ok time for a re read of this issue. Maybe ill like it better after a second read.

  15. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't mind that they had to retreat from overwhelming forces.
    Krakoa's law about not killing any humans may/may not apply to the Otherworld soldiers but they shouldn't risk it. So it's not like Gambit, Betsy or Shogo could just mow down the soldiers
    Theyve dealt with much more formidable foes without resorting to killing in the past. This was bad writing. I can appreciate needing a reason to bring Shogo in but that was rushed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •