Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Congrats, Tami! Thanks to Kirby101 for voting for my cover, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So close! Congratulations to tami for the win, and thanks to CaptCleghorn, Nschornhorst, and Moon Ronin for their votes.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

Thanks to WestPhillyPunisher for counting the votes while I slept, to kjn for making the special effort to re-post all four contenders, and to icctrombone for breaking the tie! Congratulations of course to Tami for picking a really fun cover, for the win. Thanks also to all who played - everyone did a great job, as can be seen by how well distributed the votes were in this especially close contest. I hope everyone had fun, and let's all make Tami's contest a great one!

And now I have to make a new contest .....just kidding . Thanks everyone who voted for my cover. Let me see what I can come up with.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Okay, new contest is up. My inspiration was Trump's impeachment.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-11-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats, Tami!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations, Tami!

Also, many thanks to Shalla Bal for the vote!

Congratulations to Tami for the marvelous entry indicative of the Jones era Hilk run. The covers were all incredibly (pun unintended) imaginative and contained both fabulous art and a humor which reflected the book's tone. Plus, the stool, creaking was a nice touch.

And now, the peak of the week where the captain explains what he learned this week. Dining out combines the typical experience of eating with the public nature of eating "out". The very nature of fiction brings characters into the public, even in the most private of moments. Also, the setting is either unusual (for superheroes) or routine (for Archie). The captain is also in the market for a Superman/Jughead competitive consumption crossover. Followed, of course, by a Betty and Veronica meet Lois and Lana. But I digress.

Thanks to Iron Maiden for the vote.

Congrats to Tami! I actually considered that Hulk cover before I went with the Astro City one. I did not choose wisely.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulations Tami!

And thanks for the vote, Ravin' Ray.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Yay, Tami!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Thanks everyone!

Congrats Tami.

And thanks to ScottTaylor for the HM. It's nice to know I'm not the only Omaha fan.