Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 611
  1. #496
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I didnt know Cyclops was ur fave.
    It is Jean and she is being written by Hickman too

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Where was this mindset during Rosenberg's Uncanny, Guggenheim's Gold, and Taylor's Red? Because in every issue of those books there were constant criticism and complaints, mostly from the same posters who are now praising and defending Hickman. But I suppose those same posters would say those past books were objectively bad and deserved to be criticized but all Dawn of X books are great and should be free from criticism.
    Everyone complain. Now seems like people can't take criticism against Hickman
    But people were very ok with negative posts against rosenberg, Taylor, Guggemheim.
    I don't understand this polemic
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-06-2019 at 03:25 PM.

  2. #497
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is Jean and she is being written by Hickman too



    Everyone complain. Now seems like people can't take criticism against Hickman
    But people were very ok with negative posts against rosenberg, Taylor, Guggemheim.
    I don't understand this polemic
    Considering the majority of the people complaining were complaining about these runs long before they launched, and ever since HoX/DoX began, it's hard to take them seriously.

  3. #498
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering the majority of the people complaining were complaining about these runs long before they launched, and ever since HoX/DoX began, it's hard to take them seriously.
    You mean that people were criticizing hoxpoxdox before being published?

  4. #499
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You mean that people were criticizing hoxpoxdox before being published?
    The people who disliked the direction Hickman was going starting with HoX 1.

  5. #500
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The people who disliked the direction Hickman was going starting with HoX 1.
    And what is the problem?

  6. #501
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I thought the first half of Rosenberg's had a lot of potential, I loved how Scott and Logan were finally just not fighting. There was believable tension and it came to a head, but for the most part that was good; it was the second half that was like "ah for fuck's sake."

    I loved Red though, it carried on the great voice that Teen Jean had been developing!
    I was opposite. The first half of Rosenberg's run was awful and I thought it got slightly better towards the end when there was a semblence of an arching plot. I didnt dig the villian of the week format he had going on early on but once Emma was brought in and the book was more episodic, it got a little bit better.

  7. #502
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And what is the problem?
    It is clear many posters made up their minds about Hickman's tenure long before any of these books came out, so their attacks on these books strike me as just complaining for the sake of complaining.

  8. #503
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And what is the problem?
    There's none.
    That's the whole point of a forum, having readers being able to voice their opinions regardless of them being positives or negatives.
    As long as they are actually elaborated and presented respectfully, there's ZERO issue.

    Some people take offense with that concept apparently.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  9. #504
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    There's none.
    That's the whole point of a forum, having readers being able to voice their opinions regardless of them being positives or negatives.
    As long as they are actually elaborated and presented respectfully, there's ZERO issue.

    Some people take offense with that concept apparently.
    No one takes issue with that. People take issue with spam, repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every week, every topic.

  10. #505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    agains bad secutiry at the gates. the flower cultive should had a stronger security.

    look 4 elder woman beating Scott and Shaw LOL

    Also the evil botanists want to wipe humans from earth mehhh plot
    Yeah I feel like the theme with these first few because is how much Krakoan security SUCKS. They've drinking their own kool-aid and its left them wide open for the humans.
    Augusta Bromes: "I woulda thought the mutants woulda had slightly more spirited security."

    It's now literally, i.e., canonically, a joke how bad Krakoan security is.

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The problem is that we already saw a terrorist attack and now we have another attack on Krakoa.
    They literally just had an important person successfully assassinated, and now another group just waltzes in. Once is an isolated incident. Twice is now a pattern.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

    “He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

    “[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

  11. #506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No one takes issue with that. People take issue with spam, repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every week, every topic.
    Well I've seen plenty of positive opinions being repeated every week in the same vein: you take issues with those too?

  12. #507
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Xavier knew about the attack and allowed it to happen so he could test his children. It’s not a big deal.

  13. #508
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is clear many posters made up their minds about Hickman's tenure long before any of these books came out, so their attacks on these books strike me as just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    people can change idea. It still didn't happened for some

  14. #509
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well I've seen plenty of positive opinions being repeated every week in the same vein: you take issues with those too?
    I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.

  15. #510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.
    Well ya ain't gonna change their minds, so. Only Hickman can do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •