Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Okay, Mr. Misanthrope, what about the part where they said they were going to either enslave Krakoa to their cause or nip it off the vine if it got in their way? Those geriatric gin guzzlers are staking claim to the promised land.
    I respect their hustle.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I too threaten people by telling them I’ve had sex with men.
    It was an unsubtle version of Crassus' oysters and snails speech. With the addendum that they were too old to f***.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It was an unsubtle version of Crassus' oysters and snails speech. With the addendum that they were too old to f***.
    That scene in Spartacus was not subtle lol

BANNED

This was certainly... different. It had its charms.

Hordeculture compromising Krakoa's transit system, hurting & diminishing it in the process, and looking to ultimately gain control over it... or destroy it, was the most important development, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    … Also lol @ the Krakoa feeding on everyone's psychic energy stuff which seems like a jab at the "everyone's being mind controlled!" theories
    Just reestablishing what was already made canon WAY back in 1975's GSXM, during Krakoa's first appearance:

Giant Size Hordeculture coming in March 2020!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Supremacists? I guess Jesus is a Supremacist? Then so are Musicians...Actors... Athletes Hell even the POTU(nvm)
    Don't be obtuse.
    Musicians, actors, athlètes, politicians: none of those are gods. And I'll question the (in-)sanity of anyone convinced they are.

I won't comment about the nature of religious figures and prophets however, faith and beliefs are a private affair.

Ya know this could be taken as if you hold your worship above theirs.
    And how would you know *anything* about me holding a "worship" in the first place? I Don't talk about religion on this forum, let alone with you, so please enlighten me here.
    Or is it another case of you inventing things on the fly?

almost as if you think it...is... Supreme
    I stand by what I said: anyone believing mutants are litteral gods in-universe is a fool.
    And anyone believing athlètes or musicians or actors or politicians or any other kind of popular figures are litteral gods IRL is even more foolish.
    In both instances, psychiatric help is necessary ASAP.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Buuut that applies to everyone lol an Olympic runner could lose their leg in an accident, or promising teen can get shot and killed.That's just life!
    It is exactly because it is life, id est knowing everything can be taken away so easily, that it should cause some amount of trepidation and humility in any balanced human being.
    Which is not what some of the Kraked with their leaders are showing, on the countrary they are purpoting on their own superiority to the rest of the world every chance they get it seems.

Eh it's not safe? If I was a Mutant I'd take my chances there than the places where, Mutants were turned to slaves, or sent to an interment camp, or millions were killed, followed by millions more depowered. Sounds peachy....+++++ The 5are on Krakoa... you'll get resurrected
    The Reavers could have nuked the island, if they had wished to do so.
    Hordeculture could have nuked the island, if they had wished to do so.
    THAT is the reality of the Kraked situation right now.
    Their security is laughably bad at the moment, to the point you have to Wonder how hard Orchis is trying to wipe them out exactly, if both the Reavers and Hordeculture - with less resources and less personnel - were able to get a killshot when they couldn't.

Uh they didn't know it was a combat zone just the gate went offline. Reason why they went..I mean they knew humans were at 5he bottom of whatever was goin on. So they figured they'd approach the situation like any rational person with... Trying to talk it out.
    pkingdom is right, I Don't see country leaders handling themselves any incident occuring somewhere in their territory, there are people who should be in place to handle these things THEN report to them on their findings.
    Case in point, the Great Captains and whatever troops they have at disposal.
    Rachel and Kable accompanying Cyclops would have made much more sense here, rather than Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw.
    It would also have tied neatly with the idea of those three still figuring out how to function together as a family unit which, despite what off-panel believers keep harping against, is still a work in progress.

Buuuut Humans figured otherwise and attacked. In terms of humanity and diplomacy Mutants prove once again they're top dogs
    The only thing mutants proved once again is that they are wholly alienated with the concept of preparedness.
    They should have asked T'challa for an immediate crash course instead of the constant posturing about their "superiority".
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Yeah, I think I'm done with this book for the time being.

This book is right up there with "Counter-X" X-Man.

It's priceless.

Can't believe this is the flagship. This wasn't good.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Being an ex X-Men reader can I ask you a thing: what the hell is this bunch of mutant garbage I see around?
    X-men who fight against some steampunk grannies?
    Scott and Jean are again a couple, but Jean lend Scott to Emma and Scott lend Jean to Logan?
    Apocalypse who ask to be called ···---|=|---··· or something like that; how should I read that?
    Are the Marvel's writers snorting the washing powder?

I hope you will forgive the rudeness of my outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Being an ex X-Men reader can I ask you a thing: what the hell is this bunch of mutant garbage I see around?
    Scott and Jean are again a couple, but Jean lend Scott to Emma and Scott lend Jean to Logan?
    Apocalypse who ask to be called ···---|=|---··· or something like that; how should I read that?

It's a brand new world, dahling.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

People saying they haven't read X-men for years, yet complain the X-men now aren't how they remember now and should come back to it. Ah, life without a sense of irony must be so dull...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post

Ok for me. This all looks like bad fanfic.
    Poly seems like wont happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Poly seems like wont happen
    You say that every week.

Scott and Emma arrived together. Emma and Jean are on decent terms. Emma spoke of Scott with love. Game still on.