Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

When Gold was being published, I choose to not read it. But it was easy to keep only with Blue and not gold, as they had nothing to do with each other.
    but sure I remember a lot of criticisms. Just part of being on a forum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    When Gold was being published, I choose to not read it. But it was easy to keep only with Blue and not gold, as they had nothing to do with each other.
    but sure I remember a lot of criticisms. Just part of being on a forum
    Have you tried doing the same now?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Have you tried doing the same now?
    The books are interconnected and Hickman is writing my fave, so I havent tried

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The books are interconnected and Hickman is writing my fave, so I havent tried
    I didnt know Cyclops was ur fave.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except ignore doesn't work when everyone quotes everyone else.

But my question is still valid: if you hate the new books, why read about them? Why waste your time (and by extension the time of other people) by going through it. When the books were at their worst (IvX era), I stopped reading them. But I didn't spend every waking moment on here insisting multiple times a day on multiple threads that the books were awful and that everyone should stop reading them.
    No one is asking for a boycott of the books, I Don't know where you've seen that.
    At best, people are saying that they themselves will drop the books from their reading list, but that's an individual choice they make, and a natural process for any comicbook reader.
    Beyond that, I meant what I said about understanding that critics Don't entail hate automatically, that shortcut is still ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    So you love the books?

I freakin’ knew it!!!
    Hmm no, that too is a shortcut, albeit I take no offense on this one here!

I love Hickman's work in general, his writing, the concepts he's able to juggle with… I really like what he does.
    And HoX/PoX was a blast to me, regardless of how I felt about some of the elements depicted in it.
    It's how I am when I read or Watch something, I can see a movie and be pissed at the end of it because of how some characters acted in it, and find the movie amazing at the same time… Both things aren't mutually exclusive, and I know for a fact that "a marriage story" will elicit that kind of reaction from me when I'll finally see it for example, or on a more comicbooky scale, how Joker elicited this too when I saw it...

That's the same thing with any other medium, and that includes comics.

So no, strictly speaking of X-Men, I can't say that I love the book - I find it serviceable, but that's about it.
    I did love HoX/PoX however, and I love Hickman as a writer, so I'm hoping the book will improve over time. I trust him.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    But why though.

You, and a few other like-minded individuals, post the same criticisms on these threads, week after week, in a manner that can be best described as stubbornly inconsolable.
    It's pretty clear that the group is not a fan of Hickman's writing or the current direction of the line.

So what do you all get from reading something you don't like?
    What do you all get from repeatedly posting the same criticism? Do you hope that it will be noticed and incorporated it into the writing?
    Have you found that you've changed any one's mind or gathered new support?
    Is this a part of your grieving process?

I ask because I find the behavior curious, and I worry the group is finding relief in attempting to stymie enthusiasm for the book.
    Which is a terrible coping mechanism and, overall, a dick move.

Most people in that situation would say their peace, and move on for a while.
    I found myself in similar predicament with Spider-Man and OMD. It became very clear that the book I wanted was not the book I was going to get, so I left.
    Broke my heart, but I didn't buy a single issue for years.

However, at no point did I try exorcise my feelings by posting constant criticism after every issue.
    Where was this mindset during Rosenberg's Uncanny, Guggenheim's Gold, and Taylor's Red? Because in every issue of those books there were constant criticism and complaints, mostly from the same posters who are now praising and defending Hickman. But I suppose those same posters would say those past books were objectively bad and deserved to be criticized but all Dawn of X books are great and should be free from criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I didnt know Cyclops was ur fave.
    Uuuh the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Where was this mindset during Rosenberg's Uncanny, Guggenheim's Gold, and Taylor's Red? Because in every issue of those books there were constant criticism and complaints, mostly from the same posters who are now praising and defending Hickman. But I suppose those same posters would say those past books were objectively bad and deserved to be criticized but all Dawn of X books are great and should be free from criticism.
    Yeah those were bad. But like really really bad. Most criticism here is about nuances really. Some don't feel it's the right characterization for some characters, some think there's not much character development, the story isn't catching up very quickly etc. While Gold and Rosencanny were straight up bad. Like bad bad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah those were bad. But like really really bad. Most criticism here is about nuances really. Some don't feel it's the right characterization for some characters, some think there's not much character development, the story isn't catching up very quickly etc. While Gold and Rosencanny were straight up bad. Like bad bad
    I thought the first half of Rosenberg's had a lot of potential, I loved how Scott and Logan were finally just not fighting. There was believable tension and it came to a head, but for the most part that was good; it was the second half that was like "ah for ****'s sake."

I loved Red though, it carried on the great voice that Teen Jean had been developing!

I didn't like Red but I wouldn't put it in the bad category. For me it was pretty average but not Gold level bad.

Rosencanny looked like he was deliberately messing everything up. It was depressing, it made little sense, there was literally no goal for the team other than survive and fight random enemies with no real plan. I don't know, I think it was one of the worst runs ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I didn't like Red but I wouldn't put it in the bad category. For me it was pretty average but not Gold level bad.

Rosencanny looked like he was deliberately messing everything up. It was depressing, it made little sense, there was literally no goal for the team other than survive and fight random enemies with no real plan. I don't know, I think it was one of the worst runs ever.
    I think it came out recently that, yeah, that was actually the case? Like they were upping the stakes for Hickman's entry, I guess? I agree it wasn't great overall but I liked the beginning of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I thought the first half of Rosenberg's had a lot of potential, I loved how Scott and Logan were finally just not fighting. There was believable tension and it came to a head, but for the most part that was good; it was the second half that was like "ah for ****'s sake."

I loved Red though, it carried on the great voice that Teen Jean had been developing!
    Same. It was intriguing…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Same. It was intriguing…
    I especially loved how Scott was characterised there; like a great blend of his teen voice and the experience gained from there (and omg the Champions reunion!) with his classic self. Like this seemed like an experienced Scott who was open to real growth and change in himself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    >IvX (November 2016-February 2017)
    >Me (Join date June 2018)

Hmm...
    ...and when you showed up, you complained about stuff you didn't like such as how Emma was portrayed, including during IvX.

TL;DR: you've complained plenty yourself. All sunshine and roses you have not been. You are in no position to wag your finger at Domino Dare-Doll or anyone else for complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    ...and when you showed up, you complained about stuff you didn't like such as how Emma was portrayed, including during IvX.

TL;DR: you've complained plenty yourself. All sunshine and roses you have not been. You are in no position to wag your finger at Domino Dare-Doll or anyone else for complaining.
    You insisted I was complaining during the event. That clearly wasn't true.

Yeah I complain. Everyone here does. What I didn't do (and don't do) is post in every single thread regarding the new books and say how I hate them and how horrible all of them are. If I didn't like something, I'd post once about it, and only return if people engaged me regarding that post. That's a far cry from what people are doing now.