Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I love old lady eco-fascist villains but am also disappointed in the amount of unforeseen holes in Moira/Xavier's Krakoa plans.
    No I think this shows that Xavier is being careless. As hinted in the last PoX pages. They're not following Moira's indications anymore, they're high on success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    This just in. Cyclops, Emma Frost and Shaw have just been defeated by... three lovely grannies? Do we have the source of this? A drunk guy from the CBR forums? And who would have written this? Hickman himself? Oh, whatever. It must be awesome... somehow.

LOL that's Funny

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    New Mutants has been very good, so maybe he needs a co-plotter to get with the smaller stuff, because issues like this one are a problem, specially with Yu's no-good art.
    He is writing his New Mutants issues solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Where is the evidence Scott has no compassion?
    Just how he was coming across in HOX/POX; personal interpretation, so sue me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    A few people don’t like them, that each of them repeat it 200 times in each thread doesn’t make them all the people
    Not for lack of trying.

He is writing his New Mutants issues solo.
    Impossible. Hickman writes stiff robots and can't hold a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    A few people don’t like them, that each of them repeat it 200 times in each thread doesn’t make them all the people, just a minority that doesn’t appreciate it. You can’t please anybody. Considered this relaunch goal was to get new and lapsed readers attracted by the franchise, I don’t see as a big problem that a few die hard traditionalist fans are not liking it. I really don’t think they are the intended audience.

Also the level of Hickman paranoia is hilarious, I remember reading someone saying after the preview of this book that Cyclops was manhandling Jean because she was opposed to Magneto, and being ver surprised, I was reminded of the comment reading because as it was clear even without dialogues, Cyclops was comforting her. And it’s just one example believe me.
    I dont feel like its a few people. I guess a poll would be the best way to gauge opinion here but it feels like most of the posters that comment in the X-men (2019) threads have not liked the issues. Its not simply the same people repeating it multiple times. It feels as if there are less unique posters loving it than not

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Just how he was coming across in HOX/POX; personal interpretation, so sue me.
    Where he was kind towards the FF and took into account civilians on the Orchis base. Reaching.

I think I read a comic book different from yours because it was very clear in mine that Cyclops was winning with little effort. The only reason he lost was because he was a boy scout.

Shawn was an idiot, which is the cause of 99% of his losses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont feel like its a few people. I guess a poll would be the best way to gauge opinion here but it feels like most of the posters that comment in the X-men (2019) threads have not liked the issues. Its not simply the same people repeating it multiple times. It feels as if there are less unique posters loving it than not
    And yet this issue’s thread hasn’t gone your way.

Further, putting that aside for the moment, who exactly are we polling? The morning posters on CBR? Because in the real world these books are well received and selling out regardless of the ebb and flow of posting here. Dawn of X has been a success and this title with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    MMM One of them was able to move really fast so.....yes. Beat them mercilessly LOL.

But ok I guess So.
    Yeah, that’s the right thing to do. Is that something you would expect out of the character you were reading in today’s issue?

People arent surprised that these are oneshots. People are surprised that they suck
    because this format is very nontraditional for the X-books. I didnt read his Avengers stuff so whatever he did there is completely irrelevant to me and people should stop using that as an excuse or response to people not digging this book. People are used to and want an episodic-like structure, not a series of oneshots. It doesnt feel fitting for the flagship title. It might have been acceptable if the writing is good, but its not. Hickman's characters feel stiff and these oneshot plots have been boring. Who cares if its setup for future stuff if the material just isnt interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    No I think this shows that Xavier is being careless. As hinted in the last PoX pages. They're not following Moira's indications anymore, they're high on success.
    A woman puts ten lives worth of planning into a mutant utopia only to see it messed up by men with ego boners. I want to see Moira, whereever she's hiding, giving her best exasperated sigh.

BANNED

Further, putting that aside for the moment, who exactly are we polling? The morning posters on CBR? Because in the real world these books are well received and selling out regardless of the ebb and flow of posting here. Dawn of X has been a success and this title with it.
    A better gauge of that might be to assess it in 3-6 months, after all the establishing is (hopefully) done and take it from there. Plus, critical analysis' of plot, not just sales figures; those can be bumped up by collectors who just like collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Where he was kind towards the FF and took into account civilians on the Orchis base. Reaching.
    But he said Franklin had family on Krakoa.

Clearly that was a veiled threat to mean that eventually the X-Men were gonna Storm the Richards home in the dead of night, murder Franklin's parents, and kidnap/brainwash him into living on their culty kool-aid island.

What exacty is my way? How do you assume I expect this thread to go?

The poll would obviously be for CBR posters. Duh! The comment was meant about posters on this board