Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Very true. Honestly I'd say Maurauders and X-force are the real flagships rn Hickmans just having fun writing X-Men and New Mutants from the looks of things. He's still overseeing all the books and making sure they all stay on course.
    Hickman said he wouldn't be doing exactly that, as he wants writers to have some freedom

BANNED

I am just waiting for the 4th issue which will be far better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    This just in. Cyclops, Emma Frost and Shaw have just been defeated by... three lovely grannies? Do we have the source of this? A drunk guy from the CBR forums? And who would have written this? Hickman himself? Oh, whatever. It must be awesome... somehow.

Ehrm Emma didn't have a drop of green slime on her u.u

If Shaw didn't want to make his monologue and Scott wasn't such a boyscout the crones would be dead now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Where he was kind towards the FF and took into account civilians on the Orchis base. Reaching.
    If you say so; the tone I got in those respective scenarios were:

1) Apathetic which turned threatening,

2) Just mission-minded apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The youngest was 64. 64 year olds don’t look much like that these days.
    Plenty of mid 60s women look like Augusta

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    If you say so; the tone I got in those respective scenarios were:

1) Apathetic which turned threatening,

2) Just mission-minded apathy.
    He was smiling and saying mazel to The Thing. How did you get apathy? It got a bit more tension in the end, but he was reasonable then.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Plenty of mid 60s women look like Augusta
    I've seen younger women who look older...

Life is rough for some people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He was smiling and saying mazel to The Thing. How did you get apathy? It got a bit more tension in the end, but he was reasonable then.
    Tonal apathy. As in, it read bland and emotionless. Plus I have trouble reading Scott's expressions at the best of time with the visor (Wasn't so bad in Rosenberg's, though, where the artist put emphasis on showing his eyes and eyebrows, that helped get a clearer idea of his voice.)

Either way, what's the problem here? You read it one way, I read it another; the lack of a voice that I can properly discern means he comes across as teetering between apathetic and hostile. It just is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Tonal apathy. As in, it read bland and emotionless. Plus I have trouble reading Scott's expressions at the best of time with the visor (Wasn't so bad in Rosenberg's, though, where the artist put emphasis on showing his eyes and eyebrows, that helped get a clearer idea of his voice.)

Either way, what's the problem here? You read it one way, I read it another; the lack of a voice that I can properly discern means he comes across as teetering between apathetic and hostile. It just is what it is.
    Idk maybe it has to do with you misreading the intent and thinking Cyclops lacked compassion? Which as several already evidenced wasn't the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Idk maybe it has to do with you misreading the intent and thinking Cyclops lacked compassion? Which as several already evidenced wasn't the case.
    And that's a crime? It still comes off like that to me, arguing about it isn't going to fix it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a fun issue that established a new threat. The murder grandmas were entertaining and have the ability to hack portals, temporarily negate mutant powers, and potentially command Krakoa. It was also nice seeing Hickman address how the island, Selene, and Emplate were keeping fed. Yu's art wasn't as bad as the previous issues, old people and tech work to his strengths. Looking forward to the next issue.

LOL...the murder grandmas remind me of the murder grandpas. Maybe they can all date

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Vulcan, Sebastian, and Shinobi all accidentally throw parties at the same time, who do you think is getting the most horny mutants?
    Normally I'd say Shinobi because he was looking quite good in Marauders BUT Shaw seems to enjoy all ages so he might get the biggest turnout!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Best new villains i have seen in a while.

So far I have only really cared for the first issue. These last 2 have been pretty mediocre.

Hickman's writing is quite strange in this book. Its like he is writing for multiple audiences to appease everyone. The rhythm is off compared to New Mutants.

And the art...I just can't get into Yu. I have never liked it and I don't think that is ever going to change.

On a positive note, I did like the exchange between Emma & Jean...but that was already revealed in the preview from last week.