Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bingo. If you don't like something, fine. But it isn't cool to spam your opinion to try and ruin the fun other people are having with it.
    My dude, you were spamming every thread tangentially related to Rosencanny for months, even after it had ended.

But I do agree a lot of posters complain in bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I mean, it's not really bitching, it's voicing criticisms about what isn't working for some about an issue. Same as when people post about what does.

There was a thread funnily enough for "What would you do different in this direction," but then people who liked the new status quo/were happy enough to see where it goes jumped on it and started trolling people for not liking the direction/those who had criticisms anyway. So...
    I remember that one. Didn't take long before what you mentioned happened indeed...
    It came to a point a poster of that crowd openly admitted posting in that thread only to make fun of the people's opinions s/he disagreed with... Open trolling. Very mature.

Yeah, I got sick of the same posts being made, worded slightly differently, over and over again. All by people who hated the run before it started.
    Bold assertion, if I ever saw any.

You know, you keep saying stuff like that but when people ask you to illustrate and give examples of such instances, you keep dodging and drape yourself immediately behind the curtain of self-righteousness...
    I'm still waiting for you to point who here asked anyone to stop reading the books, or who here demanded people ceased to like them either... You make that kind of proclamation, you have to back it up with actual quotes.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 12-06-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I remember that one. Didn't take long before what you mentioned happened indeed...
    It came to a point a poster of that crowd openly admitted posting in that thread only to make fun of the people's opinions s/he disagreed with... Open trolling. Very mature.
    Yeah, it was horrible. Like there wasn't even any need for it at all, it was a thread that was pretty well posted, intent laid bare, just ya know, minding its' own business really and...just got nasty. Just no need...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, it was horrible. Like there wasn't even any need for it at all, it was a thread that was pretty well posted, intent laid bare, just ya know, minding its' own business really and...just got nasty. Just no need...
    Yep, the thread was pretty constructive criticism. No one is obligated to like it or like everything on the run.

I loved HOXPOX(minus 1 issue), and I think so far X-Men is pretty underwhelming. Seems like some people are trying to say that the people who don't like this book are all those who hate Hickman and/or the new status quo, and that's just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    My dude, you were spamming every thread tangentially related to Rosencanny for months, even after it had ended.

But I do agree a lot of posters complain in bad faith.
    Yeah I was. I also acknowledge how annoying that was for people. Though a lot of that were responding to people who insisted Rosenberg was writing a correct... well anyone.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Two things:
    1: Krakoa is in a symbiotic realtionship with its mutant inhabitants...interesting. I do love how HiX-Man has managed to address the island's mutant nature and "resolve" it.
    2: Selene is part of the resolution team. (I do hope we get to see her in another capacity other than a nursemaid, though)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Frankly, I do hate a lot of Hickman's writing and direction. A lot of it is 'let's do obvious bad idea, and wait for it to blow up in one of the books in 6 months'. I do post a bit of negativity on the weekly issue pages because I'm don't like the writing that's going on now. Its cathartic, and a lot healthier than just bottling it up and stewing.

But nobody is actively ruining anyone's fun, or trying to say you're terrible or stupid or whatever for liking this. If seeing that people don't like what's going on and are saying why they don't like it is enough to rain on your parade, then that's your problem.

For this issue and run of X-men specifically, its disappointing. I normally love monster of the week stuff, but such big concepts are getting introduced each issue and dropped/ignored the next, its bizarre. Most series would kill to last 12 issues, and Hickman had that just for worldbuilding. He shouldn't need more

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Where was this mindset during Rosenberg's Uncanny, Guggenheim's Gold, and Taylor's Red? Because in every issue of those books there were constant criticism and complaints, mostly from the same posters who are now praising and defending Hickman. But I suppose those same posters would say those past books were objectively bad and deserved to be criticized but all Dawn of X books are great and should be free from criticism.
    In what way has it been different? Because people actually explain where they are coming from when posting? Isn't that the healthiest form of exchange people can hope for on a forum such as this one?
    If you've been on these forums for a long time, and I see that you have, you know fairly well that most of the time people Don't elaborate onto what or why they are ruffled by Something in the books.
    Is that what's bothering you here, or is there Something else?
    Yeah.

This was bound to happen.

Once more - criticism is fine.
    However, constant criticism, when obstinately born, is not productive.

Productive in this case meaning leading to good conversations worth reading and having.
    When someone chooses to engage in constant negative criticism from a place of stubbornness - no argument will convince, and no consolation will soothe.
    What value can a conversation with a person in this mindset have?

Best case scenario, that person gets talked down the ledge.
    But by then, the thread is hijacked and the posters have become therapists.

At a certain point, as fans and consumers, we can observe when a book we are patronizing is not going in the direction we want.
    This can be for any reason, regardless of worthiness.
    We can and should voice our criticism, and the reasoning behind it.

However, if our feelings escalate to the point where we are willing to engage in constant, inconsolable criticism, is it not better for all to drop that book and move on?
    Why would you subject yourself to dwelling in a book you hate?
    Why would you choose to bog down conversation after conversation, week after week, month after month, with the same constant negative feedback?

Then Don't.
    There's literally a function to mask posts here, and it makes for an improved reading experience.
    Use it.
    You eschew echo chambers for a reason.

Why would you suggest that I create my own?
    Do you think my position betrays some kind of weakness to stomach dissent?
    I can assure you, it does not.

As you noted, I've been on these forums for a long time.
    I've seen so many threads derailed, and so many people arguing meaninglessly in circles until exhaustion forces capitulation or silence.

It bores me. Makes me weary.
    It even saddens me a little - the wasted potential.
    I think that by cutting down on this specific behavior, the boards can be a better place.

Is that naive of me? Are my observations misguided?
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 12-06-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The p-word thing only confirmed that prude old ladies do not like beautiful women and feel a need to shame them for their appearance. Just as much as Emma's comment didn't prove Jean has big feet.
    they never once said she wasnt beautiful. they commented on her looking like a s word and that her p word stinks. seeing as though the elderly woman who made the comment had fresh oxygen supply I would think she had a more keen sense of smell. simply put miss Emma need to invest in some summers eve products. okay.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    LMFAO! I still can’t. You know it was pungent AF if she could smell it while standing in a field of flowers.
    Those old ladies burned the White Queef worse than Destiny did to Moira.
    lmfao lolololol me either and Emma couldnt come back with a snide remark because stank p-word s-word h-word knows that she wasnt lying. lolololol

and yassss I love your shade. that born was epic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, it was a cool issue. I love that Hickman is introducing new, unexpected threats for this new era.
    agreed boo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I’d love to hear how showing brilliant, capable older women with their own points of view is ageism. I was thrilled to see some characters who weren’t eternally 20-something with perfect bodies. I see some solid representation, so I’d truly like to hear your concerns.
    yes to all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Why not just create an un-appreciation thread where people can just bitch to their heart's content?
    Sounds like a good idea. Got a few things I wanna bitch about. Most of them have to do with Logan.

And in the same exact vein, which five or six posters in this thread could use a lesson on, it's perfectly okay for people to like the new status. There's no need to try and piss on their parade at every possible opportunity.
    Of course, it isn't. Silly me.

Another instance of straight up fallacy, they keep piling.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really? when people here went after and sai it wasn't ok to like this status quo?

Everyone is being respectiful when they don't agree on a thing
    Just to point this out...

It's not really a "Straight Up Fallacy" when things are being created out of thin air that have no basis in anything on the page as an attempt to be something like "Critical".

Which I have absolutely seen happen more than once.

Even seen that sort of thing in "Appreciation..." threads where it is pretty specifically off-limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Two things:
    1: Krakoa is in a symbiotic realtionship with its mutant inhabitants...interesting. I do love how HiX-Man has managed to address the island's mutant nature and "resolve" it.
    2: Selene is part of the resolution team. (I do hope we get to see her in another capacity other than a nursemaid, though)
    Me too! Even though I'd like to see her or Emplate revamped like Black Tom. Maybe even in X-Force, in their role of checking out the island.

I guess these botanical grannies are the closest we'll ever get to a Poison Ivy/Emma Frost crossover.

BANNED

Seeing the some postes celebrating "Emma Stinks" moment is hilarious to me. God bless those souls.

Whatever sabertooth didn't smell anything. So, it was just old girls taunting Emma.