Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I didnt know Cyclops was ur fave.
    It is Jean and she is being written by Hickman too

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Where was this mindset during Rosenberg's Uncanny, Guggenheim's Gold, and Taylor's Red? Because in every issue of those books there were constant criticism and complaints, mostly from the same posters who are now praising and defending Hickman. But I suppose those same posters would say those past books were objectively bad and deserved to be criticized but all Dawn of X books are great and should be free from criticism.
    Everyone complain. Now seems like people can't take criticism against Hickman
    But people were very ok with negative posts against rosenberg, Taylor, Guggemheim.
    I don't understand this polemic
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-06-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is Jean and she is being written by Hickman too

Everyone complain. Now seems like people can't take criticism against Hickman
    But people were very ok with negative posts against rosenberg, Taylor, Guggemheim.
    I don't understand this polemic
    Considering the majority of the people complaining were complaining about these runs long before they launched, and ever since HoX/DoX began, it's hard to take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering the majority of the people complaining were complaining about these runs long before they launched, and ever since HoX/DoX began, it's hard to take them seriously.
    You mean that people were criticizing hoxpoxdox before being published?

You mean that people were criticizing hoxpoxdox before being published?
    The people who disliked the direction Hickman was going starting with HoX 1.

The people who disliked the direction Hickman was going starting with HoX 1.
    And what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I thought the first half of Rosenberg's had a lot of potential, I loved how Scott and Logan were finally just not fighting. There was believable tension and it came to a head, but for the most part that was good; it was the second half that was like "ah for ****'s sake."

I loved Red though, it carried on the great voice that Teen Jean had been developing!
    I was opposite. The first half of Rosenberg's run was awful and I thought it got slightly better towards the end when there was a semblence of an arching plot. I didnt dig the villian of the week format he had going on early on but once Emma was brought in and the book was more episodic, it got a little bit better.

And what is the problem?
    It is clear many posters made up their minds about Hickman's tenure long before any of these books came out, so their attacks on these books strike me as just complaining for the sake of complaining.

And what is the problem?
    There's none.
    That's the whole point of a forum, having readers being able to voice their opinions regardless of them being positives or negatives.
    As long as they are actually elaborated and presented respectfully, there's ZERO issue.

Some people take offense with that concept apparently.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    There's none.
    That's the whole point of a forum, having readers being able to voice their opinions regardless of them being positives or negatives.
    As long as they are actually elaborated and presented respectfully, there's ZERO issue.

Some people take offense with that concept apparently.
    No one takes issue with that. People take issue with spam, repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every week, every topic.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    agains bad secutiry at the gates. the flower cultive should had a stronger security.

look 4 elder woman beating Scott and Shaw LOL

Also the evil botanists want to wipe humans from earth mehhh plot
    Yeah I feel like the theme with these first few because is how much Krakoan security SUCKS. They've drinking their own kool-aid and its left them wide open for the humans.
    Augusta Bromes: "I woulda thought the mutants woulda had slightly more spirited security."

It's now literally, i.e., canonically, a joke how bad Krakoan security is.

The problem is that we already saw a terrorist attack and now we have another attack on Krakoa.
    They literally just had an important person successfully assassinated, and now another group just waltzes in. Once is an isolated incident. Twice is now a pattern.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

BANNED

No one takes issue with that. People take issue with spam, repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every week, every topic.
    Well I've seen plenty of positive opinions being repeated every week in the same vein: you take issues with those too?

BANNED

Xavier knew about the attack and allowed it to happen so he could test his children. It’s not a big deal.

It is clear many posters made up their minds about Hickman's tenure long before any of these books came out, so their attacks on these books strike me as just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    people can change idea. It still didn't happened for some

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well I've seen plenty of positive opinions being repeated every week in the same vein: you take issues with those too?
    I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.

BANNED

I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.
    Well ya ain't gonna change their minds, so. Only Hickman can do that.