Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    My problem is that the HOXPOX premise is that humans need decades to use technology to catch up, which the mutant-machine war bought them. Turns out, they don't need any time as every random human can stop Omega Mutants, telepaths and trained Mutant soldiers without breaking a sweat. It unsells everything HOXPOX was about.

The general point might be to create new villains, but the path is shorthanded to such a point where their victories are too numerous, too unearned, and too unbelievable. In this issue, they could've used other ways to establish the Hellfire Grannies, but the way it played out, every Mutant is a moron, the humans have extreme plot armor, and the scene feels ridiculous. It's just not interesting storytelling. It's more like a playground fight.

"I use the gates to get to you."
    "No, you can't. I control them!"
    "I read your mind."
    "No, you can't. I have psi-blockers!"
    "I zap you."
    "No you can't. I have power dampeners!"
    "I got you down."
    "No, you don't. I was playing possum!"
    "I wouldn't fall for that. I know you took down a bunch of Mutants including one right in front of me and have advanced technology."
    "Yes, you do because I said so! Ha, I win!"

So lazy.
    Things happening way earlier in this timeline was already addressed as a plot point (like Sinisters experimentation with Chimeras is supposed to be way in the future but he’s already working on it now.

Re this issue, your personal mileage will vary but I enjoyed this one cause it was a playground scrap as you say. The mutants were not expecting what they encountered, and weren’t even trying all that hard. Nice change of pace for me from people who just hate mutants because. These guys specifically hate what the mutants have done with Krakoa and the impact it has on their own plans. Makes them not such clear cut bad guys and I’m curious how their later issues pan out.

And I’m a Scott/Emma fan so I really liked their interaction here. I don’t much care who Jean is with long as it’s not Logan (just please no let that die). I wonder if Emma is the one person Scott loves that referenced in the previous issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nobody, I don't at least. That's why i asked about Emma.

In fact I don't have a problem with poly either (doubts if these are the right characters for it i have though)
    But I found it weird when a scemma shipper for some reason was calling Jean a whore.
    I was not targetting u specifically but its a prevalent sentiment. Idk abt Emma fans calling Jean a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    My problem is that the HOXPOX premise is that humans need decades to use technology to catch up, which the mutant-machine war bought them. Turns out, they don't need any time as every random human can stop Omega Mutants, telepaths and trained Mutant soldiers without breaking a sweat. It unsells everything HOXPOX was about.

The general point might be to create new villains, but the path is shorthanded to such a point where their victories are too numerous, too unearned, and too unbelievable. In this issue, they could've used other ways to establish the Hellfire Grannies, but the way it played out, every Mutant is a moron, the humans have extreme plot armor, and the scene feels ridiculous. It's just not interesting storytelling. It's more like a playground fight.

"I use the gates to get to you."
    "No, you can't. I control them!"
    "I read your mind."
    "No, you can't. I have psi-blockers!"
    "I zap you."
    "No you can't. I have power dampeners!"
    "I got you down."
    "No, you don't. I was playing possum!"
    "I wouldn't fall for that. I know you took down a bunch of Mutants including one right in front of me and have advanced technology."
    "Yes, you do because I said so! Ha, I win!"

So lazy.
    I can't disagree with you. While i found the issue hilarious i can definitely see all the points you've made. I think the biggest thing i try to give extra credit or leeway for is they don't want to retread old stories which is obvious to me so Hickman is literally building imo a brand new x-verse where the past was the past but going forward the other books will explore the high concepts he puts forward so i think of it more as a world building anthology than an actual book where i'm expecting deep story. X-men will proably end up being the mutant bible for the MU and MCU.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Magneto would have killed them with their own armor now that Chuck isn't around to wag his finger.
    Gravity Squeeze.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Magneto, Mystique and Apocalypse would have crushed them without contemplations. Exodus, Sinister and Xavier would have ended up as Shaw. Jean, Storm and Kurt would have ended up as Scott.

Kitty, I don't know, now she is merciless.

(This is like the McDonalds meme)
    Kitty for damn sure better have hit one of them with a champagne bottle. she doesn't seem opposed to harming humans. no reason to start with Blanche, Dorothy, and co.

What a funny ol' day in the lives of the merry mutants..

I thought it was all fun enough. I was fretting when I saw Pixie, that got my back up, 'Get away from her, you bastard', is what I thought, but as it turned out, it was fine. She has a role and a location, Cool.

Hordeculture are odd, but funny enough to enjoy. C-words or H-words, you decide.

It's very odd and lacking of the x-folk for a flagship title though.

Havok is Scott' one, the only question is, whether they dare with the bros before hoes line! Oof

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    What a funny ol' day in the lives of the merry mutants..

I thought it was all fun enough. I was fretting when I saw Pixie, that got my back up, 'Get away from her, you bastard', is what I thought, but as it turned out, it was fine. She has a role and a location, Cool.

Hordeculture are odd, but funny enough to enjoy. C-words or H-words, you decide.

It's very odd and lacking of the x-folk for a flagship title though.

Havok is Scott' one, the only question is, whether they dare with the bros before hoes line! Oof
    I honestly could read a book where a bunch of old ladies beat Sebastian Shaw up and make poor attempts to trash talk Emma Frost at the same time.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Being an ex X-Men reader can I ask you a thing: what the hell is this bunch of mutant garbage I see around?
    X-men who fight against some steampunk grannies?
    Scott and Jean are again a couple, but Jean lend Scott to Emma and Scott lend Jean to Logan?
    Apocalypse who ask to be called ···---|=|---··· or something like that; how should I read that?
    Are the Marvel's writers snorting the washing powder?

I hope you will forgive the rudeness of my outburst.
    Eh, I wouldn't talk about the Kraked in these terms, but at the very least they seem like a foolishly incompetent crowd right now.
    Don't care with the who is sleeping with who either though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I do wonder how long they’re going to keep teasing this polyamory stuff. Just show it already. Scott and Emma, Logan and Jean, Emma and Jean, whatever. It’s 2019. We can handle it.
    I expect that's what we'll get in the upcoming Giant-Size X-Men #1.

Scott and Jean are each other's "Primary", Logan is Jean's "Secondary", and Emma is Scott's "Secondary".

Mighty Member

On another note, the ladies of Hordeculture are totally evil versions of The Golden Girls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I expect that's what we'll get in the upcoming Giant-Size X-Men #1.

Scott and Jean are each other's "Primary", Logan is Jean's "Secondary", and Emma is Scott's "Secondary".
    I love that Scott and Logan are brother-husbands now. It’s pretty much the most hilarious and trollish thing that’s ever happened in the X-Men.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I love that Scott and Logan are brother-husbands now. It’s pretty much the most hilarious and trollish thing that’s ever happened in the X-Men.
    If that is happening, I hope they get at least one threesome. Just to say in the future that it happened.
    I wonder how would Cyclops and Wolverine react. They both like Jean but being in bed with the other with all the story of good and bad things between the two.
    EIrOgJ4UwAA3pgk.jpg
    EKk98_-UwAAquVq.jpg
    (71916062_527189618120961_4862595716835297576_n.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If that is happening, I hope they get at least one threesome. Just to say in the future that it happened.
    I wonder how would Cyclops and Wolverine react. They both like Jean but being in bed with the other with all the story of good and bad things between the two.
    EIrOgJ4UwAA3pgk.jpg
    They’ve beaten each other to a bloody pulp. May as well beat each other to a different kind of messy ending.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I'd rather Hickman have the guts to play it dead straight--honest and sentimental.

I'm sick of trollish meta-commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I'd rather Hickman have the guts to play it dead straight--honest and sentimental.

I'm sick of trollish meta-commentary.
    You could always just ignore it.

Seems to be a successful strategy for many posters here. Maybe even a "win" in the longer term.