Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People complaining about this being one-and-dones when Hickman told us that was what is was going to be before the book even launched. LMAO
    People arent surprised that these are oneshots. People are surprised that they suck

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God this book is twice a month. So far we've got...

1) The Children of the Vault are still around
    2) The 1st Horsemen of Apocalypse are either still around or have descendants still fighting their first enemy
    3) The Krakoa gates can be hacked.

People would've seeked therapy if there were 4-5 weeks between that.
    Yes each issue is giving us tiny tidbits that are cool. BUT.....

Actually anyways I found it interesting that humans are already taking counter measures to be able to go against mutants.

And that Krakoan technologly wont be exclusive to just mutants. Once the smart resourceful humans start figuring stuff out.

This is what this issue did for me.

It let me know that Krakoa will end up being a mini era. But the humans are going to be able to access anything or everything they need.

Which is weird because we don't know if Genosha went through these issues.

Maybe its because the Krakoan flowers that Krakoa has makes it more desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yes each issue is giving us tiny tidbits that are cool. BUT.....

Actually anyways I found it interesting that humans are already taking counter measures to be able to go against mutants.

And that Krakoan technologly wont be exclusive to just mutants. Once the smart resourceful humans start figuring stuff out.

This is what this issue did for me.

It let me know that Krakoa will end up being a mini era. But the humans are going to be able to access anything or everything they need.

Which is weird because we don't know if Genosha went through these issues.

Maybe its because the Krakoan flowers that Krakoa is more desireable.
    I feel like that will backfire on the greedy humans big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Auntie Emma suggested the right thing to do yet again. Beat them senseless from afar, problem solved.
    Emma would’ve had no trouble taking these grannies to town if they were shooting slime everywhere. Our queen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yes

Well Hickman writes them like stiff robots and the Mutants are all extremist cultists so what else would he do?...
    SHSGDISDGHS

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    People complained when HOX / POX turned out to establish a status quo and not be an event.

Exactly as Hickman said he would.
    Another thing is I’m seeing ppl disappointed in X-amen for not carrying the momentum of HOXPOX...........what momentum? That mini was designed to set up the new world for years of storytelling, not to mention everything being dire right from the start is never a good way to showcase your new status quo. AFAIK, most of these complaints were essentially ignoring what Hickman was saying and getting mad it wasn’t what they thought it was but instead what Head of X said exactly it would be.

Tell us more King Shaw!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, same. I was actually surprised to see a glimmer of compassion in Scott here--I thought that was gone for good.
    In X-Men # 1 he already opposed Magneto to prioritize the welfare of children against capturing the stranger.

In House of X, his plan involved minimizing the casualties of civilians from ORCHIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Tell us more King Shaw!
    I said it, I said it.

Those freaky-deak parties weren't just for show.

I love old lady eco-fascist villains but am also disappointed in the amount of unforeseen holes in Moira/Xavier's Krakoa plans.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was pretty bad, the worst issue of the relaunch so far.

Hickman has a serious issue in that he wants to get from point A to point C, but he can't be bothered with getting point B right. He wants to show the resurrections? Then he gets a team of the X-men all getting killed by humans, even though looks like Nightcrawler could have solved the whole thing on his own- let alone someone like Magik or Magneto (that was right there at the time). He wants Krakoa and Arakko reunited? Then he gets Scott, Rachel and Wifi stuck in the island for hours when they could have taken minutes flying, and then Rachel and Cable forget they're telepaths so they can have a fight with Apocalypse's grandkid.

And now even worse, Scott, Emma and Shaw (because you have a massive disruption to Krakoa and can't bother to bring an Omega or Apocalypse with you) get their asses kicked by some old women, and continue to show being lazy and unprepared even though Xavier was just attacked and murdered (and that was already badly written).

New Mutants has been very good, so maybe he needs a co-plotter to get with the smaller stuff, because issues like this one are a problem, specially with Yu's no-good art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I mean, I can tell you in my heart of hearts that these four old people will not be the downfall of Krakoa. They used their elderly status to catch both BK and Cyclops off guard, after the latter handily beat them. Cyclops felt bad for the old lady, did y’all think he was gonna mercilessly beat her to unconsciousness?
    MMM One of them was able to move really fast so.....yes. Beat them mercilessly LOL.

But ok I guess So.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People arent surprised that these are oneshots. People are surprised that they suck
    A few people don’t like them, that each of them repeat it 200 times in each thread doesn’t make them all the people, just a minority that doesn’t appreciate it. You can’t please anybody. Considered this relaunch goal was to get new and lapsed readers attracted by the franchise, I don’t see as a big problem that a few die hard traditionalist fans are not liking it. I really don’t think they are the intended audience.

Also the level of Hickman paranoia is hilarious, I remember reading someone saying after the preview of this book that Cyclops was manhandling Jean because she was opposed to Magneto, and being ver surprised, I was reminded of the comment reading because as it was clear even without dialogues, Cyclops was comforting her. And it’s just one example believe me.
    Last edited by PeterParked; 12-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Tell us more King Shaw!
    Vulcan, Sebastian, and Shinobi all accidentally throw parties at the same time, who do you think is getting the most horny mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I love old lady eco-fascist villains but am also disappointed in the amount of unforeseen holes in Moira/Xavier's Krakoa plans.
    No nation is perfect.

Worse has happened to more secure and long standing nation's. Krakoa is still in infancy which is the perfect time to pick at it.

Shaw put it best in Marauders.

This just in. Cyclops, Emma Frost and Shaw have just been defeated by... three lovely grannies? Do we have the source of this? A drunk guy from the CBR forums? And who would have written this? Hickman himself? Oh, whatever. It must be awesome... somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, same. I was actually surprised to see a glimmer of compassion in Scott here--I thought that was gone for good.
    Where is the evidence Scott has no compassion?