Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
Hey, I quoted just what was there when I was; I deleted nothing. If you went back and edited it in after the fact, sorry mate but not my fault.
I didn’t accuse you of that. I have a habit of adding to my posts, and as such I wanted to draw your attention to what I had added to better clarify my points.

And I wasn't calling for a return to Claremont style comic artistry/writing; I was praising it for what it achieved and comparing it to what there appears to be a lack of currently. I would hope the stronger aspects of Claremont's style (i.e, strong characterisation worked alongside a coherent plot) wouldn't be something to go 'out of fashion,' but like you said, this is just taste.
They can’t be compared in this way just because they are both comics.

Additionally, I argue that you don't have to sacrifice good characterisation for the sake of plot, as I've noticed from your edited response. Hickman has good ideas; the execution, however, seems to be lacking from the POV that's supposed to matter, i.e, the characters.
This is absolutely nothing to do with sacrificing anything. This is to do with coherent storytelling. If you want incoherent story go read something else, or watch 90s TV.