Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Maybe, but does it hurt to properly establish and, therefore, contextualise it from within this new era? It would give us not only better insight as to where the characters are coming from, but truly highlight their strengths and weaknesses on their own terms rather than in relation to each other's romantic status.
    HiX-Man already contextualized it by saying Krakoa Nation is not going to be following the same Societal Rules as the rest of humanity.

We already know their strengths and weaknesses as individuals...again, read X-History from which HiX-Man drew inspiration.

I could be wrong but so far I don't think the Quadrangle is as important to the characters' stories or even overall plot other than to show how committed Krakoans are to living their own lives in their own way...and providing some added interest.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They do have years of individual personal development...it's all there In the XM-back issues. HiX-Man isn't using them blindly. He's obviously (well maybe not so obvious to some) taken into account all the relationship drama that has transpired between them and decided he wanted to go a different route and place their romantic history with each other in a different context.
    It really is just that simple.
    It's the readers who, in trying to make sense of it, makes it more compkex than it is...making Everests out of anthills.
    These character fought theirselves

there isn't any back story supporting what Hickman is teasing.

HiX-Man already contextualized it by saying Krakoa Nation is not going to be following the same Societal Rules as the rest of humanity.

We already know their strengths and weaknesses as individuals...again, read X-History from which HiX-Man drew inspiration.

I could be wrong but so far I don't think the Quadrangle is as important to the characters' stories or even overall plot other than to show how committed Krakoans are to living their own lives in their own way...and providing some added interest.
    That i snot how society works.

These characters have backstories and other cultural background. Just because now krakoa says it is the norm poly (we don't even saw it as rule on the books, just speculation) that everyone gonna follow it. Unless it is a cult

Maybe, but does it hurt to properly establish and, therefore, contextualise it from within this new era? It would give us not only better insight as to where the characters are coming from, but truly highlight their strengths and weaknesses on their own terms rather than in relation to each other's romantic status.
    Where these characters were coming from aren't what Hickman is selling.
    Specially for Jean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-08-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Daaaaaaamn I totally agree with this!!
    I think they should def switch it up.
    I figured that's what they were doing....
    And this!
    yeah if I wanted to see a buncha good looking white people lusting after each other I'd go to class.
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

I loved HOX and POX (both comics of the year for me) but for the moment these X-men are disapointing... New Mutants and X-Force are vastly superior for the moment. But the characters development are very good.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-08-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I loved HOX and POX (both comics of the year for me) but for the moment these X-men are disapointing... New Mutants and X-Force are vastly superior for the moment. But the characters development are very good.
    I agree, especially about X-force.

Parts of Dawn of X are really strong but it all still feels very "off" in places. I think Hickman and company are having a lot of fun and I think that is great. The fans on x-twitter are eating up all the sillier aspects of the current books. I think that is good too because the X-men had went to a dark place for far too long. It is good to have some fun.

The X-men vs the golden girls was wild and I still can't decide if this issue was good or bad. There were moments I liked and then some of it I literally experienced second hand embarrassment reading it. I was embarrassed for Hickman and the team lol But I think it set up some interesting concepts and I'm sure they will go back to it later.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Blinks Rapidly

What did I just read? were Sebastian Shaw and Cyclops (along with a bunch of young mutants) just bodily abused by four old ladies? Did they actually call Emma a b-word? To her face? And they got away???

Well.

I guess... if the human race actually is wiped out by four old botanists, it's going to be our own fault. This story is certainly warning enough.

BANNED

Geranium Gang, Geranium Gang, Geranium Gang
    Spend ten racks on a new strain
    My granny love eatin whole grains, ooh

I didn’t really care for the issue. It’s hard for me to believe that this is the same Scott I’ve been reading for the past few years. He felt overly boyscout mode here.

The humor was very hit or miss, too, especially the little snipes between Emma and Jean.

New villain is interesting but other than that this was a solid ‘meh’ for me.

i have a strong desire to see Yu draw the Nasty Boys.

I only got to this yesterday. I shall now make several announcements:

-Sebastian = baby
    -Hordeculture is GOATed
    -Wish I could be part of Whoreculture
    -Bigfoot and Coochie Stank
    -Scott's cool
    -Thought Yu's art worked delightfully here, unlike the last two
    -I feel bad for Lily
    -Was not expecting this to be one of my favorite stories of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Are the Marvel's writers snorting the washing powder?
    In a just world, this would be my signature.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    -Wish I could be part of Whoreculture
    You can if you believe in yourself.