Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I will say this though. Given the women's ages, Yu drew them over the top old looking. The oldest was in her 80s and the others from i think 68 to 72. They must have done some hard living. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-men fans have different tastes...
    X-Men fans have something alright but it ain't taste.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He is writing his New Mutants issues solo.
    So the problem is that his New Mutants and X-Men books are INTENTIONALLY tonally different? O.o You must be KIDDING I've never heard of a writer with versatility before.

In all seriousness I think the people complaining about this just aren't getting the X-Men book they wanted or maybe as a flagship titles they expected it to push the plot forward more. But hey 3 issues in now its clear that this book is very worldbuilding heavy and if that's not what your into fair enough but each issue has introduced a very serious threat to Krakoa.

1. Orchis and whatever they're planning
    2. Arakko
    3.The compromise of their portals by humans.

All 3 things that spell disaster for Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, that’s the right thing to do. Is that something you would expect out of the character you were reading in today’s issue?
    Ugh I hate you LOL

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Vulcan, Sebastian, and Shinobi all accidentally throw parties at the same time, who do you think is getting the most horny mutants?
    Madrox will attend all three of them, but later claim 'it was a dupe, I was drunk, I don't remember anything!'

Which is his go-to defense for paternity suits, too.

Instead of doing 3 arcs full of disasters he did 3 issues to introduce the future disasters, I assume also to allow other titles to develop independently.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So the problem is that his New Mutants and X-Men books are INTENTIONALLY tonally different? O.o You must be KIDDING I've never heard of a writer with versatility before.

In all seriousness I think the people complaining about this just aren't getting the X-Men book they wanted or maybe as a flagship titles they expected it to push the plot forward more. But hey 3 issues in now its clear that this book is very worldbuilding heavy and if that's not what your into fair enough but each issue has introduced a very serious threat to Krakoa.

1. Orchis and whatever they're planning
    2. Arakko
    3.The compromise of their portals by humans.

All 3 things that spell disaster for Krakoa.
    Hickman himself said that Marauders was the flagship title for the narrative to advance in a traditional way.

And it's not even a comic of his.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The youngest was 64. 64 year olds don’t look much like that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The youngest was 64. 64 year olds don’t look much like that these days.
    Comic book artists can generally draw three kinds of females.

1. Kid.

2. Hottie.

3. Crone.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ugh I hate you LOL
    I definitely don’t think I could do it. Opal reminds me of granny

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Madrox will attend all three of them, but later claim 'it was a dupe, I was drunk, I don't remember anything!'

Which is his go-to defense for paternity suits, too.
    They still haven’t addressed the whole “I have a gay dupe inside me. Haha doesn’t every straight person have a gay side? No? Just me?? Oh. Anyways-”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hickman himself said that Marauders was the flagship title for the narrative to advance in a traditional way.

And it's not even a comic of his.
    Very true. Honestly I'd say Maurauders and X-force are the real flagships rn Hickmans just having fun writing X-Men and New Mutants from the looks of things. He's still overseeing all the books and making sure they all stay on course.

I thought this issue was hilarious, tbh. Only quibble is that Yu's art still isn't quite working for me (the expressions were better this time around though). Pixie needed to pop Nightmare out and make those biddies regret talking smack.

X-Men is the set up book. Hickman is just creating stuff for other books: Aracko(?) will be used in Excalibur and this old ladies probably will end up in Marauders, the UN issue probably will pay off on X-Force or something.
    The art was better than in the first two issues.
    Nothing against one and done stories, actually is refreshing, but they need to have some pay off, instead of just setting stuff for later, specially when the pay off will come in another title. Something line Grant Morrison is doing in The Green Lantern, one issue stories, that set future plots, but pay off in the same issue.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Comic book artists can generally draw three kinds of females.

1. Kid.

2. Hottie.

3. Crone.
    Superhero comics, sadly true.
    And old doesn’t have to be ugly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    X-Men is the set up book. Hickman is just creating stuff for other books: Aracko(?) will be used in Excalibur and this old ladies probably will end up in Marauders, the UN issue probably will pay off on X-Force or something.
    The art was better than in the first two issues.
    Nothing against one and done stories, actually is refreshing, but they need to have some pay off, instead of just setting stuff for later, specially when the pay off will come in another title. Something line Grant Morrison is doing in The Green Lantern, one issue stories, that set future plots, but pay off in the same issue.
    This makes sense,