Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

She mentionned not wanting to bother Yana in Marauders #1. We tend to treat these characters as walking superpowers but for the sake of storytelling its right that theyre treated as actual people. Kate was in her feelings and didnt want to ask her bff/gf. Its relatable.

BANNED

Remember that Krakoa is a giant ass island. Sure, Magik could teleport her into wherever she needs to go, but then she’d also have to get out somehow. Hence, the Illyana’s backpack comment. And they don’t appear to have regular transportation on the island either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Remember that Krakoa is a giant ass island. Sure, Magik could teleport her into wherever she needs to go, but then she’d also have to get out somehow. Hence, the Illyana’s backpack comment. And they don’t appear to have regular transportation on the island either.
    There's like a hundred fliers, not to mention planes on Krakoa. She'd have access out. Again Magik isnt the only teleporter

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's like a hundred fliers, not to mention planes on Krakoa. She'd have access out. Again Magik isnt the only teleporter
    Again, because if she doesn't take the boat and the X-Men can just airdrop the meds from fliers or supersonic planes, what's the point of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Again, because if she doesn't take the boat and the X-Men can just airdrop the meds from fliers or supersonic planes, what's the point of the team?
    The team still has a purpose. The only thing Kitty's conundrum provides is an excuse to have a ship, which still makes no sense to me. Sailing is slow. With access to a Blackbird, it doesnt make sense why she'd use a boat as the primary form of transportation. Duggan wanted to write a pirate theme book but the premise of this team would still work without that

BANNED

The team still has a purpose. The only thing Kitty's conundrum provides is an excuse to have a ship, which still makes no sense to me. Sailing is slow. With access to a Blackbird, it doesnt make sense why she'd use a boat as the primary form of transportation
    "Rule of cool" I guess?

But...I guess you could kinda make the argument that a fight at see offers more chance of success, or at least less chance of detection, than going into air-space? Or at the least there's more room to work with in a fight? They needs jets on the boat though, you're totally right.

The team still has a purpose. The only thing Kitty's conundrum provides is an excuse to have a ship, which still makes no sense to me. Sailing is slow. With access to a Blackbird, it doesnt make sense why she'd use a boat as the primary form of transportation. Duggan wanted to write a pirate theme book but the premise of this team would still work without that
    You want to try and fly a plane into countries with supersonic Stark-tech anti-aircraft missiles, and only one team member being able to fly in the 99% likely event the plane gets shot down?

You want to try and fly a plane into countries with supersonic Stark-tech anti-aircraft missiles, and only one team member being able to fly in the 99% likely event the plane gets shot down?
    No, bc Im not a mutant in this title

No, bc Im not a mutant in this title
    But that's a major problem. They're going into heavily armed countries like Russia and Sokovia. And while a ship is every bit as sinkable as a plane is shootable, you have more members geared for swimming than free falling.

Why they don't use teleporters? Because it would end the plot. There would be zero drama. Teleport to the mutant camp in that country, teleport them out, enemy never knows you're there. Pixie and Magik could run the Marauders by themselves with zero issue. But that's hardly compelling reading material.

why would a ship be harder to get exploded than a airship? we saw on Hox that they didn't had a way to intercept the aircraft

Just suspend desbelief a little bit. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    why would a ship be harder to get exploded than a airship? we saw on Hox that they didn't had a way to intercept the aircraft
    Unless the Blackbird is literally a Wonder Woman style invisible jet, it can and has been shot down hundreds of times.

But that's a major problem. They're going into heavily armed countries like Russia and Sokovia. And while a ship is every bit as sinkable as a plane is shootable, you have more members geared for swimming than free falling.

Why they don't use teleporters? Because it would end the plot. There would be zero drama. Teleport to the mutant camp in that country, teleport them out, enemy never knows you're there. Pixie and Magik could run the Marauders by themselves with zero issue. But that's hardly compelling reading material.
    This is going far in a different direction than what I was originally posing which was Kitty being able to fly out of Krakoa. I doubt anyone on the island is looking to shoot her down if they see her airborne

This is going far in a different direction than what I was originally posing which was Kitty being able to fly out of Krakoa. I doubt anyone on the island is looking to shoot her down if they see her airborne
    I mean, someone could fly her out. She could go back to New York or whatever. But what would that show, or do for the plot, or accomplish?

I mean, someone could fly her out. She could go back to New York or whatever. But what would that show, or do for the plot, or accomplish?
    It was a response to Kitty being teleported to the Krakoa mainland. The excuse given was that she'd be stuck there bc she'd have no way of getting out without Illyana porting her out. Nah, any flier could easily get Kitty back to the beach and let her sail on her merry way