Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 172
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Shinobi committed suicide in Rosenberg's run so why is he oblivious to how he died?

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,272

    Default

    It was literally said in the issue that the revived person doesn’t retain their memory of death, per Xavier and the Five’s decision to not retraumatize a recently brought back mutant.

  3. #18
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was literally said in the issue that the revived person doesn’t retain their memory of death, per Xavier and the Five’s decision to not retraumatize a recently brought back mutant.
    where was this said?

  4. #19
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shinobi committed suicide in Rosenberg's run so why is he oblivious to how he died?
    Because Xavier didn't put those memories in per Shaws request.

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where was this said?
    It's in the issue. Pyro is on the page too

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's in the issue. Pyro is on the page too
    The one with The Five? It doesnt actually say that but I guess one can imply it based on the ending

  7. #22
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    I quickly read it this morning. I was confused where this story fit in the time line. I thought Shaw mentioned it was after the last issue, but Pyro is just being resurrected.

    Anyways, things are definitely building. One thing I'm liking about the series is each issue really does have a different POV and feel to it. This felt like intermission since the main team wasn't used but felt refreshing. I hope they keep the release pacing up too.

    Also, someone should post the Dauterman Marauders reprint cover he posted today. Gorgeous.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  8. #23
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,272

    Default

    “And my son won’t remember what happened?”

    later

    Shinobi: How did I get here?

    [shot of Shinobi’s skull will his fingers phased through it]

    That seemed pretty forward to me.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “And my son won’t remember what happened?”

    later

    Shinobi: How did I get here?

    [shot of Shinobi’s skull will his fingers phased through it]

    That seemed pretty forward to me.
    Yep.

    So another development from Rosenberg is acknowledged

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I quickly read it this morning. I was confused where this story fit in the time line. I thought Shaw mentioned it was after the last issue, but Pyro is just being resurrected.

    Anyways, things are definitely building. One thing I'm liking about the series is each issue really does have a different POV and feel to it. This felt like intermission since the main team wasn't used but felt refreshing. I hope they keep the release pacing up too.

    Also, someone should post the Dauterman Marauders reprint cover he posted today. Gorgeous.
    The first part happened "weeks ago" before Xavier was killed and Pyro was still fresh. Shaw had every intention of making Shinobi the Red King until Emma blocked him. Then we come back to present day when Shinobi returns from Japan, that's why Shaw says to keep the red clothes because he's apparently not finished trying to make Shinobi Red King.
    I am everywhere you have ever stood. Krakoa forever!

  11. #26
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “And my son won’t remember what happened?”

    later

    Shinobi: How did I get here?

    [shot of Shinobi’s skull will his fingers phased through it]

    That seemed pretty forward to me.
    That's not "literally saying" it in the issue and unless I missed it, the issue didnt establish that Xavier removes the memories of deaths from people so they wont be traumatized as you stated

  12. #27
    Mighty Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This was my fav issue, Shinobi was a blessing to read. Sebastian, despite being a manipulative tool, still looked very sad/vengeful when being reminded of his sonís death.
    Right on. This issue shows Shaw will be more than simply an antagonist to Emma and Kate. There's some meaty bits here.
    I am everywhere you have ever stood. Krakoa forever!

  13. #28
    Mighty Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's not "literally saying" it in the issue and unless I missed it, the issue didnt establish that Xavier removes the memories of deaths from people so they wont be traumatized as you stated
    I had kinda figured Xavier did this because when Scott was brought back, he asked, "did it (the mission) work?" So he didn't remember his death.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 12-04-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    I am everywhere you have ever stood. Krakoa forever!

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's not "literally saying" it in the issue and unless I missed it, the issue didnt establish that Xavier removes the memories of deaths from people so they wont be traumatized as you stated
    Why else would you choose to remove their memory of death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Right on. This issue shows Shaw will be more than simply an antagonist to Emma and Kate. There's some meaty bits here.
    Also I’ve looooooooooved Bish and Kate’s text convo in here.

  15. #30
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I had kinda figured Xavier did this because Scott was brought back, he asked, "did it (the mission) work?" So he didn't remember his death.
    Scott wasnt on Earth for Cerebro to record his last moments of death. All Xavier would have had was Jean's second hand info of it, which wouldnt be apart of Scott's returning memory

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •