Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    He seems to be the Party Guy, The Surfer Dude, the Radical guy all in one.
    did his resurrection change his personality? I dont recall him bring like that back in the day.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So the comedic Pyro is completely going over my head. I do not get it
    he got a australian stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did his resurrection change his personality? I dont recall him bring like that back in the day.
    They seem to have brought him back at a younger age so perhaps years of traumatic living have been erased. He was always a bit "out there" though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm surprised we had entire issue focused in 1 character.
    Nowadays with titles crossing over in #2 or #3, it's almost impossible.
    Maybe it means Marvel is giving time for X-writers tell their stories.
    Really liked how Duggan explored the father-son relationship.
    But the cover was a prank.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kate begging Bishop to become her Red Bishop didn’t work for me. Would be one thing if she was recruiting her close ones likes Iceman and Storm but the only times she ever interacted with Bishop, they were unpleasant.
    It makes sense to me. The Bishops seem to operate pretty independently, getting their own ships, and Lucas is pretty much already doing that. Kate also wants someone who will help her keep tabs on Shaw and Emma, and Bishop has a background as a detective. The only other investigators she knows are Madrox, who is well known for being bad at his job; and Wisdom, who doesn't seem interested in leaving the UK. Her other friends would be more loyal, but I don't know that they would be as useful or competent.

As for Pyro, the guy just got brought back to life, let him enjoy himself. Why do y'all hate fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They seem to have brought him back at a younger age so perhaps years of traumatic living have been erased. He was always a bit "out there" though.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Because Classic Pyro is CRAZY....

All-New Member

No Kitty in this issue. Ooof. Way too much Shaw. Between this and the sillyness of X-Men 3, not a good X day for me.

BANNED

I found the reveal that Shinobi had killed himself pretty effective considering I expected Sebastian to have offed him. Its messed up that he wants to protect his son from the ramifications of his own actions but at the same time he uses the circumstanxes to set him against Emma and Kate.

The art was very meh. I was most excited to find out what Shinobi would look like or wear and in the end was pretty underwhelmed.

Judging by cover Storm will be the red Bishop? If so I find that disappointing. Actually writing wise Im tired of the HFC slots being turned down its become repetitive.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really feeling this issue outside of the stuff involving Shinobi. Otherwise, more world-building and more cloak and dagger stuff with Sebastian/Kitty/etc. It's good to see not-psycho-Bishop, though...
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Judging by cover Storm will be the red Bishop? If so I find that disappointing. Actually writing wise Im tired of the HFC slots being turned down its become repetitive.
    I don't think so, we have that preview art of Kate and Bishop on a solo mission. I think she will eventually get him to accept the position.

The art was very meh. I was most excited to find out what Shinobi would look like or wear and in the end was pretty underwhelmed.
    I was also a little disappointed about the styling.

Definitely the best issue so far. Finally a break from Kitty. I've realised that she was the reason I wasn't enjoying the book.
    I would rather this was a hellfire book instead of the captain sailing nonsense.

This was another good issue, think this is the strongest X-Book. Love the set up and this is setting up Dynasties against each other we may actually see Cordelia and Adrienne

I found the reveal that Shinobi had killed himself pretty effective considering I expected Sebastian to have offed him. Its messed up that he wants to protect his son from the ramifications of his own actions but at the same time he uses the circumstanxes to set him against Emma and Kate.

Its not a reveal. Its literally what we saw happen earlier this year

BANNED

I skimmed this one, honestly I'm not too interested in it right now. Maybe I'll double-back when issue #4 is out, but, eh...I loved Shinobi, but here I just...wasn't interested?

Shame too!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Shinobi Shaw commited suicide this year in Uncanny X-Men 20.
    "Cable was right!"