Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Enchantress (June Moone) Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This thread is to serve as continuation of the previous "Enchantress! Enchantress! Enchantress! June Moone Appreciation Thread", which can be found at
    From the previous version (originally created by Agent Z back in August of 2018):
    June Moone aka The Enchantress

First Appearance: Strange Adventures #187 (April 1966)

Created By: Bob Haney and Howard Purcell

I like June and the whole two personalities thing. I wish they'd get back to basics a bit with her.

I personally think the "two personalities" bit has been too much with June to the point she feels less like her own character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I personally think the "two personalities" bit has been too much with June to the point she feels less like her own character.
    It's a problem of two-faced characters, like Jason Blood or Rose. Etrigan and Thorn will in the end matter more, because they are the ones that can fight. This limits a lot the growht of the weaker side.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I prefer the way she was written in Shadowpact. The two personalities is boring especially since her Enchantress personality is written so bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    It's a problem of two-faced characters, like Jason Blood or Rose. Etrigan and Thorn will in the end matter more, because they are the ones that can fight. This limits a lot the growht of the weaker side.
    Keep in mind this wasn't the case for June until Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

Here we have June/Enchantress manipulating time.

Astonishing Member

I didn't like the way she was written in Rebirth Suicide Squad. But I didn't really care for that series, so it's no surprise. I think she's best when she's a bit of a bad girl, but not evil. I like seeing her on the side of the good guys. Also, she needs her iconic pointy hat!

Nightshade, Enchantress, Rose & the Thorn and Black Orchid are all characters who should get more time in the spotlight.

I like duality in characters especially magic users. It can give them menace, but also depth.

This might be fighting talk around here, I mean no offence, but i kind of liked her in the SS movie. Not the ending, but the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I didn't like the way she was written in Rebirth Suicide Squad. But I didn't really care for that series, so it's no surprise. I think she's best when she's a bit of a bad girl, but not evil. I like seeing her on the side of the good guys. Also, she needs her iconic pointy hat!

Nightshade, Enchantress, Rose & the Thorn and Black Orchid are all characters who should get more time in the spotlight.
    I don't think it can be considered "iconic" when it's so often been replaced.

I still maintain that June works best when she's her own person instead of a vessel for another entity.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-07-2019 at 05:06 PM.

I think she's pretty much stuck with that trait now that its been emphasized so much in the movie, Injustice, and the Rebirth comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's pretty much stuck with that trait now that its been emphasized so much in the movie, Injustice, and the Rebirth comics.
    Perhaps but I don't think it really helps the character.

Mighty Member

Perhaps but I don't think it really helps the character.
    Maybe they can improve it somehow. Years of reading Hulk and Venom comics have taught me that the whole dual personality/possession gig can be awesome if done right. She won't get any development if she is sharing a title Harley Quinn with Harley Quinn. Enchantress can really shine if you give her a maxiseries or something. I'm intrigued by her.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I kinda wanna see her get a pointy hat again.