Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    To be fair, I do think Gotham is as much Selina's city as it is Bruce's, if using a continuity where she was born there. I don't like the idea she's wrong to claim it and it's okay for Bruce to- not when he's never lived in the city long-term (and I'm not sure at all in current continuity), but instead hangs it hat in the suburbs. I have a lot of problems with King's Selina, but that's not one of them.
    Gotham belongs to the people of Gotham, not Bruce, Selina, Bane, Thomas or anyone alone.
    And King's Selina never struck me as a down to earth, standing up for the people person. She stole her wedding dress even though she had a rich boyfriend for fun.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is such a scam. There's no story in any of this.

Only one more left, yesssssssssssssssssssss!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am completely disconnected from this storyline. I read this and understand nothing and don't care to either.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Mystery View Post
    Everything about this issue just felt like padding until the next. This has been my biggest gripe with City of Bane; this arc has been stretched way too thin.
    900% agree. The problem for me is that Bane is about my least favorite villain. SO dragging this story on & on is just salt in the wound.
    I read every issue thinking "okay, get on with it already!". The Bat/Cat parts are the only interesting bits for me. And while the Alfred death was a shocker, how many issues did it take to even get back to that thread?

Incredible Member

Soooo, current news, Bane is still alive, only in a coma, for someone else at anytime to awaken him up?

Come on, he was shot in the head, a couple issues ago, he's even been eulogized by his creator, Chuck Dixon, soonafter, only for a chicken out that early?

Yes, Bane is a big, big, big guy in the Batman lore, but can't a death from a big story last at least five years?

The headshot really gave the violent thud of convincing death, rather than the umpteen times Joker's been apparently dead, two of them by Dixon.
    Last edited by ngroove; 12-10-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Soooo, current news, Bane is still alive, only in a coma, for someone else at anytime to awaken him up?

Come on, he was shot in the head, a couple issues ago, he's even been eulogized by his creator, Chuck Dixon, soonafter, only for a chicken out that early?

Yes, Bane is a big, big, big guy in the Batman lore, but can't a death from a big story last at least five years?

Alfred is dead so you could get your wish and that death could last. That death also will have more consequences. That death is already leading to change in the Batman world.

You can't complain about a death not lasting when you don't know how Alfred's will playout [and yes I'm aware that Doomsday Clock has Alfred but that means nothing]

Tim was stabbed in the heart and he was fine the next issue.

Bruce was shot and he was fine the next issue.

Bane was shot and he suffered some damage. He doesn't have to die and it was never said that he was dead.

Chuck might have proclaimed him dead [he was incorrect]
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-10-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Wait so Alfred is dead? That was the big game changer that was teased? A butler is dead? The horror how will Bruce make his tea now? Lol.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Urgh. I'm so sick of King.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Do you guys remember that entire issue that was just Thomas reciting a nursery rhyme? Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Do you guys remember that entire issue that was just Thomas reciting a nursery rhyme? Wild.
    Thankfully I missed that gem (or have blocked it from my mind). *ugh*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So is King gonna end this with Thomas taking on the role of Alfred going forward then?

Well crap, so the venom in Bane pretty much makes him immortal now? Is he like Wolverine and can regrow part of his brain or something? Unless that Headshot hit in a particular way it's hard not to say, hey we got ourselves a dead one here.