Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Batman #84 Talk.

Two good things about the issue. Jorge Fornes art and we're an issue away from King's time on the main Batman book coming to an end. You'll be drunk early with the amount of earliers here.

Thanks for the recap, King. Now GET TO THE DAMN FIGHT!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I appreciate a good continuity-pluck issue. Fornes art made it really work for me, and I was in it for the art more than anything. I dunno, I guess we get a solid motive. And some nice continuity cross-referencing. This one feels like the "how long did this take?" Geoff Johns Crossover issue. With a Brian Azzarello Crossover built in. It still doesn't solve the problem of City of Bane being undercut as a concept by the fact that it was never actually a City of Bane story. King's thesis statement might be that "Bane is Evil" but the story told presents a thesis that "Bane is Bullshit". No more than a physical threat to Batman, always ignorantly being the pawn of other players.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I think the biggest problem on this final part of the run is the death of Alfred
    It is hard to recoincile what Thomas wants to do taking in what he did with Bane and the dead of alfred despite being unintended by the run does stick up like a soar thumb

The conclusion I got from this issue is that Flashpoint Batman should have been left alone instead of being shoehorned into becoming Darth Batman.

The Conclusion I got from this- Eobard is now a Batman Villain. Can't wait for "I murdered your parents, Bruce." /s
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    The conclusion I got from this issue is that Flashpoint Batman should have been left alone instead of being shoehorned into becoming Darth Batman.
    This. I'll stick to the Flashpoint event, the story by Azzarello and the Button crossover for Flashpoint Batman.

Amazing Member

Everything about this issue just felt like padding until the next. This has been my biggest gripe with City of Bane; this arc has been stretched way too thin.

A few more earliers and Thomas would have witnessed the creation of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Mystery View Post
    Everything about this issue just felt like padding until the next. This has been my biggest gripe with City of Bane; this arc has been stretched way too thin.
    That has been King's shtick for some time now. He promises that when we finally see where he's going with his story everything that felt like filler or like it didn't make sense will be worth it.
    We still have one issue left, but if HiC is anything to go by it's probably not going to change people's minds on this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Yep. Thomas Wayne is ruined in my eyes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    That has been King's shtick for some time now. He promises that when we finally see where he's going with his story everything that felt like filler or like it didn't make sense will be worth it.
    We still have one issue left, but if HiC is anything to go by it's probably not going to change people's minds on this run.
    I forgot King wrote that POS. When King's good, he's good but when he's bad, it's bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yep. Thomas Wayne is ruined in my eyes.
    Try and do what I am and think on Flashpoint Batman before King though as stated, I did like the Button cowritten by Joshua Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Try and do what I am and think on Flashpoint Batman before King though as stated, I did like the Button cowritten by Joshua Williamson.
    I actually really enjoyed the button and Thomas Wayne in that story. The differences between Thomas there and every other appearance in King's run afterwards makes me wonder how much of it was written by Williamson or Geoff Johns, who was apparently also involved in writing that story.